• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Struct09

I have officially taken next Tuesday off of work. The first time I've taken time off of work for a game
since Twilight Princess

Kafel

Banned
Best Buy

bestbuygtaiv3.jpg

im still banned form the social club for reason I don't get. Seems like it happened to allot of people. I guess i just need to get someone else to do it for me or get to another computer. I hope the game lets you check your stats from the website while in game. That is what its for right? I'm assuming no more in-game stats like they used to have because its done from the website now.

First gameplay footage coming this Sunday on G4.

GTA IV is almost here, but if you want to get an early look at the biggest game of the year, make sure to check out G4 on Sunday, April 27th for an Exclusive Sneak Peek.

At noon this Sunday, we'll be interrupting our regularly scheduled programming to bring you the very first Hands On Demo of Grand Theft Auto IV with a special GTA IV: Exclusive Sneak Peek.

It’s an Exclusive World Premiere that will be coming to you commercial free and ONLY on G4! This is the first moment Rock Star is making game play footage available to the public and G4 is the only place to catch all the GTA goodness on your TV, with loads of bonus footage available on G4tv.com!

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/index.html?t=684796#684796

DanielPlainview said:
gameplay videos
gameplay videos
gameplay videos
gameplay videos
gameplay videos
gameplay videos
gameplay videos
gameplay videos

WE KNOW!

Anyway, just found out I have vacation from school next week. Totally forgot, but timing hardly could be any better. ^_^

Zophar

So, leaks. Anyone that's seen the back of the 360 case, does it advertise the future DLC at all? I'm curious as to whether they're allowed to or not to put that on the box.

That said, seeing those copies shrink-wrapped has got me way hyped. Hard to believe it's finally here!

Teknoman

Who cares about video like one day from release. We want video now (or relatively soon).

Also i cant get back into Social Club either.

NM its back.

NeXuSDK

Heh, I was just told that everyone, including Rockstar employees, will get theirs stats wiped clean before release, so everyone starts at zero. Guess it's fair enough, but now I've been playing for 14 hours and will play even more the next two days, and I won't keep anything... ah well, life is just not fair :D

NeXuSDK said:
Heh, I was just told that everyone, including Rockstar employees, will get theirs stats wiped clean before release, so everyone starts at zero. Guess it's fair enough, but now I've been playing for 14 hours and will play even more the next two days, and I won't keep anything... ah well, life is just not fair :D

WUT

newsguy

NeXuSDK said:

WAT

NeXuSDK

You must be out of your mind :lol I'm basically being watched 24/7 while playing it, so that's pretty hard to do, even if I wanted to...

It's a bit past 11 pm here in London, where I'm playing it, and they just took away the harddrive for the day (it's the 360 version I'm playing). Gonna get some more time tomorrow at 9 am and the multiplayer later on at the Rockstar HQ. Oh yeeeah...

NeXuSDK said:

serenaanger.jpg

NeXuSDK said:
You must be out of your mind :lol I'm basically being watched 24/7 while playing it, so that's pretty hard to do, even if I wanted to...

It's a bit past 11 pm here in London, where I'm playing it, and they just took away the harddrive for the day (it's the 360 version I'm playing). Gonna get some more time tomorrow at 9 am and the multiplayer later on at the Rockstar HQ. Oh yeeeah...

Is it orgasmic?

NeXuSDK said:

So the physics are as awesome as the previews/reviews say, right? What about Nico's animation? Does look nice?

newsguy

NeXuSDK said:

Impressions please. Physics, framerate, amazing shit.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
NeXuSDK said:

willlol.gif

Hunter D

NeXuSDK said:
A spy has been here all along.

NeXuSDK

You guys want me to break NDA's and risk not playing it for the next two days? Yeah, of course... listen, I only wanted to say that everybodys stats gets wiped clean.

So far the game is good, yeah, but I won't and cannot go into any detail. Please respect this...

NeXuSDK said:
You guys want me to break NDA's and risk not playing it for the next two days? Yeah, of course... listen, I only wanted to say that everybodys stats gets wiped clean.

So far the game is good, yeah, but I won't and cannot go into any detail. Please respect this...
Jerk.

Teknoman

NeXuSDK said:

Wow that strict they'll even bust you for commenting on something like controls or framerate? You shouldnt even be saying that you're playing it now in that case :lol

newsguy

NeXuSDK said:

You're the 17 year old with the over developed body who shows her license after she shows you her cooter. You're a filthy little devil aren't you?

Sylar

Banned
NeXuSDK said:

You're never leaving that little craphole of a website you work for.

Teknoman said:
Wow that strict they'll even bust you for commenting on something like controls or framerate? You shouldnt even be saying that you're playing it now in that case :lol
thats what I was going to say. You can only say 'ha ha ha'? :/

NeXuSDK

Teknoman said:

I don't know the exact details of what I can say and not, and that's why I rather not be saying much. Especially details!

But yeah, I like the game so far. I wasn't that fond of GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas actually, so I guess you can take that as a sign.

Framerate seems generally stable to me and controls are overall good.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
NeXuSDK said:
But yeah, I like the game so far. I wasn't that fond of GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas actually, so I guess you can take that as a sign.

You dont deserve the honor of playing this game. :mad:

NeXuSDK said:
I don't know the exact details of what I can say and not, and that's why I rather not be saying much. Especially details!

ramerate seems generally stable to me and controls are overall good.

How's Nico's animation? Looks realistic?

Top Bottom