• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

teacupcopter said:
WHAT THE FUCK GUYS

I BROKE MY FUCKING HAND TRY AS I MIGHT I CANNOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO HOLDING A CONTROLLER

IS TTHIS BECAUSE I DIDN'T 100% SAN ANDREAS GOD!? IS IT!? BECAUSE I TRIED I SWEAR

FUCK

That sucks ultimate ASS! I had surgery on my shoulder back when the PS3 launched and couldn't play any video games. So I feel ya.

zaidr

Sylar said:
GTA3-SA has never had a menu on bootup. NEVER. Atleast not on consoles. It always booted first save, then you could load the others.

Well thats cool. Wish there had been something like that on PC. Oh well. I'll experience it for the first time in IV.

Jesus fucking christ people. I've been trying to catch up on this thread and you folks keep posting faster than ever!!!! :p Great building murals, omgz @ the LE boxes, good job mods regulating this thread, and more impressions Nexus!

disc01.jpg

Best Disc Art Eva!!!!! Nuts in pants!

Sylar

Banned
Did people seriously already forget what the discart was like for 3,VC,and SA? They had the fake art girls on them too.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I know this might not be exactly the place, but with custom radio stations, I gotta know - whats the easiest way to get music off my laptop and on my 360 hard drive? I tried once, but all I could figure out was streaming with WMC, which was a pain in the ass.

Just read those impressions.
Multiplayer 'lobby' full of guns to shoot friend while waiting for matches to start? Oh thank you R*.
FUCK YEA

It's finally hitting me that I will own this game in less than a week. In the meantime I'm frantically writing research papers (3 of them, all 10+ pages) in order to have them finished before next Tuesday, as Tuesday will have one purpose.

On a side note. I still have yet to get tired of all of the "walking the street" avatars. Good times.

S1kkZ

@NeXuSDK: you say the framerate is fine, but what about the final version played from a dvd? any word on that?

can you compare the game to other open world titles on 360 (crackdown, saints row and so on) in terms of pop-up, graphical issues?

Sylar

Banned
I hated LCS...I didnt like how it didnt have any real cutscenes, just ingame ones. I vastly perferred VCS with it's awesome cutscenes.

EDIT: But yeah, the LCS PS2 disc did have that girl on the cover on it, now that I remember.

zaidr

Himuro said:
All of em. :)

Although, I haven't played the pc versions.

Holy shit! I just realized both my PSP versions do this too! WTF? Why have I never noticed this? Am I really a...*GASP* ...GTA newbie?!

NOOOOOO!!! You were right Sylar!

zaidr said:
Holy shit! I just realized both my PSP versions do this too! WTF? Why have I never noticed this? Am I really a...*GASP* ...GTA newbie?!

NOOOOOO!!! You were right Sylar!

Lol! At least you figured it out. Most people live in denial.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Iamthegamer said:
I know this might not be exactly the place, but with custom radio stations, I gotta know - whats the easiest way to get music off my laptop and on my 360 hard drive? I tried once, but all I could figure out was streaming with WMC, which was a pain in the ass.
Sory to bump (first and last time, promise), I was jsut curious if somebody could help me out.

Streaming interview with that Lazlow guy on www.wjfk.com right now (just click "listen live").

Probably no one cares, but I'm enjoying it . . .

Edit: Christ, the lucky bastard DJs are actually playing the game right now.

guise

Sylar said:
wow the original gta had an awesome disc...guess I was wrong about lcs though, but VCS more than makes up! :D

I'm sure my GTA disc was just completely blue. Or that might have been the soundtrack... either way that disc art for GAT1 is new to me

Top Bottom