• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

allreal

dogmaan said:
he does point out the PS3

'Clinical' definition: lacking in character and warmth, lacking emotion: e.g.
"We were going to paint our kitchen white, but we decided that would look too clinical".

lol nice.

Sylar said:
I seriously hope that there wont be a problem in the future for the GTA series with running out of disc space, for either or any console in the future. :(
Keep these kinds of posts in that AAA thread of yours.

MercuryLS

Banned
Sylar said:
I seriously hope that there wont be a problem in the future for the GTA series with running out of disc space, for either or any console in the future. :(

Considering how well GTAIV will sell on X360, they'll find a way to keep the series going on it.

Sylar

Banned
I didn't bring up the 360. The other thread im purposely fueling (I own a 360, why would I want to see the series stop?). My concern comes in the future. What if GTA outgrows blu-ray? Will there always be a bigger format looming?

<-- dumb about formats.

Sylar said:
I didn't bring up the 360. The other thread im purposely fueling (I own a 360, why would I want to see the series stop?). My concern comes in the future. What if GTA outgrows blu-ray? Will there always be a bigger format looming?

<-- dumb about formats.

wat

Dude....thats like 2 generations from now. Some blu ray discs hold up to 50gigs.

Wollan

Sylar said:

<-- dumb about formats.
Blu-ray can be unlocked for upto 200GB (8 layers) on any BD reader. 1 Terrabyte theoretically.
This will obviously not ever be the case for movies but for future consoles they could have the game side take use of this.

Sylar

Banned
Wollan said:
Blu-ray can be unlocked for upto 200GB (8 layers) on any BD reader. 1 Terrabyte theoretically.
This will obviously not ever be the case for movies but for future consoles they could have the game side take use of this.

Woah 200 gb?! :O Thats more than my harddrive!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
You know, I just realized...maybe we'll finally see what's in that barricaded tunnel in Shoreside Vale!

(the LCS version has the tunnel open which you can drive in...and run into another roadblock.)

Sylar

Banned
I remember reading all the bat shit theorys about what was there, like some hidden town or something. :lol

that's my favorite part after a new gta comes out, all these stupid theories.

"Ghost town!"
"Sasquatch!"
"Fly out of vice city!"

Sylar

Banned
Remember that video of the guy doing that jump up Mt. Clifford (or w/e) with the ATV and he gets hit by a random airplane mid jump? :lol

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Sylar said:
I remember reading all the bat shit theorys about what was there, like some hidden town or something. :lol

"Ghost town!"
"Sasquatch!"
"Fly out of vice city!"
Holy shit, I remember 'ghost town!'. Carson City, right? Oh man, fuckin hilarious times:lol

Sylar said:

"Ghost town!"
"Sasquatch!"
"Fly out of vice city!"
lol I can't wait to hear what people come up for this one.

"King Kong spotted scaling the Empire State!!!"

SpeedingUptoStop

Man, watching these videos of San Andreas

1. I forgot how ugly it was

2. I forgot how ambitious it was. Man, that was such an epic experience. They really spared no expense. Great gaming experience.

SpeedingUptoStop

Ventrue said:
You have low standards.
I just found it funyn that a little kid was narrating. I was expecting a huge Video game nerd going all technical and shit, and the first thing I hear is this high pitched toddler and I couldn't help but lol.

Sylar said:
How many people went "holy shit" when they first outzoomed the map in SA to see just how REALLY big it was?
I think my first "holy shit" moment was the mountain.....and the ride back down.:D

got2bekidding said:
The size is a nice thing, but it's the density and detail of IV that has me drooling.

Edit: 6days 2-3hours before we are all lining up to get this game!
Shit, in 6 days I'm looking to already be playing the game (thank god for Chinatown in NYC). :D

-crosses fingers that they receive it on Friday

Revolutionary said:
Shit, in 6 days I'm looking to already be playing the game (thank god for Chinatown in NYC). :D

-crosses fingers that they receive it on Friday
See, normally I'd be pissed off at people receiving the game early, but I'm not because I can totally understand with this game. The thing I worry about is the Social Club aspect of it. I really hope that R* finds a way to make the competitions they are holding be fair with reguards to the 100% and such.

got2bekidding said:
See, normally I'd be pissed off at people receiving the game early, but I'm not because I can totally understand with this game. The thing I worry about is the Social Club aspect of it. I really hope that R* finds a way to make the competitions they are holding be fair with reguards to the 100% and such.
Someone mentioned earlier that all stats will be wiped upon the actual release date... so that's probably their course of action for those that get the game early.

Revolutionary said:
Someone mentioned earlier that all stats will be wiped upon the actual release date... so that's probably their course of action for those that get the game early.
If that's true, then kick ass. I'm sure I won't win anything, but it's not going to stop me from trying. Since I will be trying, it would be nice to know that everyone will have a fair chance at it.

Defcon

Banned
Aren't the people who are going to try and beat the game as fast as possible for the social club going to use the strategy guide? Seems pointless to even bother to me. I'm going to take my time.

Most fav GTA mission, quite simple from what I remember, the part where you have to plant a bomb in a car at St Marks, eat til you explode is accurate.

Defcon said:
Aren't the people who are going to try and beat the game as fast as possible for the social club going to use the strategy guide? Seems pointless to even bother to me. I'm going to take my time.
I agree. It'd be like bagging a threesome with Jessica Biel and Scarlett Johansen and then trying to blow your load as quickly as possible. Madness.

SpeedingUptoStop

Himuro said:
God. Ray's missions in GTAIII are my favorite fucking missions in the series. Great balance in difficulty, and badass all around. Kenji's almost as awesome. The payphone missions on Staunton are fucking genius too.

This game...THIS GAME!!!

Staunton Island is the best area in any GTA.
You're right, I absolutely loved those payphone missions. In fact, GTA III probably had the best missions of the whole series. Donald Love was a pimp.

newsguy

Ugh, the last thing I want to do is be the first to 100% That would also make me the first to not enjoy what could possibly be the game of the generation. This series needs to be played thoroughly, at least on the first playthrough.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I just called a Gamestop guy just to be 100% sure there's a midnight launch.

"Thank you for calling Gamestop, how can I help you?"
"Yes, are you guys having a midnight launch for GTA?"
"...yes."
"And it's for preorder guys only?"
"..............yes."
"Hah, I bet you guys got that question a lot eh?"
"......................................................yesssssssssssssss."

Hah, what a jerk.

Gary Whitta said:
I agree. It'd be like bagging a threesome with Jessica Biel and Scarlett Johansen and then trying to blow your load as quickly as possible. Madness.
I understand the point you are making, but for me, the GTA's have such high replay value the rush doesn't mean anything to me. This game will be sex no matter what speed you decide to attack it with. So basically, I have the ability to nut more than once. :p

SpeedingUptoStop

They really oughta re-release GTAII-SA for simple nostalgic factor. Pretty up the graphics, keep the silly bugs in, I'd buy them all again. Such fun times I've had with GTA...

nothing in the series geeked me out more than seeing GTAIII guy in San Andreas. Such an incredibly cool nod, even more so than the trip back to LC.

iceatcs

chubigans said:
I just called a Gamestop guy just to be 100% sure there's a midnight launch.

"Thank you for calling Gamestop, how can I help you?"
"Yes, are you guys having a midnight launch for GTA?"
"...yes."
"And it's for preorder guys only?"
"..............yes."
"Hah, I bet you guys got that question a lot eh?"
"......................................................yesssssssssssssss."

Hah, what a jerk.

Lol they should have setup answer machine with messages before call in.

Top Bottom