• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

guggnichso

Banned
BobTheFork said:
ok. Thought 360 didn't do region free, and it's too bad R* isn't taking advantage of that.

On 360, it's the choice of the software company to add region lock or leave it region free. Some do, some don't, some do sometimes and sometimes not.

Kind of like it was with the old xbox.

guggnichso said:
On 360, it's the choice of the software company to add region lock or leave it region free. Some do, some don't, some do sometimes and sometimes not.

Kind of like it was with the old xbox.
Do you think there is an advantage, or any reason for R* to do it with GTA4?

ok, today we usually get games in (for Friday releases, so we should get WiiFit in at least) for Europe, im gonna go down to Gamestation to see if GTA4 got shipped and beg my manager to give a copy to me :p

i try and snap a few pics of the Wiifit Balnace board while at it <_<

guggnichso

Banned
BobTheFork said:
Do you think there is an advantage, or any reason for R* to do it with GTA4?

They release the game worldwide on the same day, so it's just a matter of company policy wether to add region lock or not.

And since their last game (bully) was region locked...

EDIT: Me am engrish.

Fuckme, thats a long opening. still haven't watched it but 7 minutes? The SA opening was about a minute.

Ok, snagged it in case it vanishes

Tr4nce

Oh holy mother effin' shit. I'm watching the first couple of seconds, still at the XMB part. Do I want to watch any further?? This is so goddamn hard.... I must click the window away...

Edit: managed to click it away! Holy shit I'm strong.

Doc Evils said:
nice, the lolipop girl is being used a lot for the PS3 version.:D

Where was the install? I didn't see any.
hmm didn't either. 1) installing while opening is playing 2) Already installed and that not the first time the game's been in. 3)you install after the opening credits.

My guess is 2.

durden

"Books made me do it"
Couldn't resist, watched the last couple of seconds.
That car shakes it's tail like it was in a rap video, I hope that was hydraulics or something.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
I saw the CVG GTA special mag in WH SMiths today but I was in a hurry and didn't have a good look at it. Is it worth picking up? It's £5 which I found a bit expensive as it was apparently sponsored by Microsoft.

painey

looking like my media blackout is going to start soon.. i dont know how i will survive without gaf and the blogs.. thats pretty much my entire existence :lol :lol

dchavez said:
awww yeah, get it while it's hot ladies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piCbOD_kEMs

Kudos to you bro...

Finally some real gameplay images. Everything looks solid gta...

One question though for the Americans among us. Niko is entering the country illegally right? Shouldn't they - the boat and crew - have past some kinda off customs check or something? He probably hid or something.

Well forget about it. It 's gta and the story and production design - reffering to the credits here - look great really cinematic and original. Can't wait, hope the guy posts more videos. Also I didn't think the opening took to long it was immediately captevating.

To conclude: I now know the first thing that I am gonna do when I am behind the wheel during my virgin drive through the streets of LC - a hit & run... first pedesterian I see.

dejay

Banned
Just watched that youtube vid. I turned the sound down for most of it, but Roman sounds like Fozzy Bear.

The way the car handled around the 7:10 mark pleased me - in past GTA games he would have made that turn easily. Good to see there will be some challenge to the driving now.

watched again
impressed at how well you can see the bridge when it swings into view in the background. Loved the lighting drop when he hit the light post. Going for breakfast burritos then I'm watching it again XD

Top Bottom