• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Teknoman

MobiusPigeon said:
some ads

gta1.jpg

Either im just in full on GTA mode...or this neighborhood looks like its STRAIGHT out of San Andreas.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Thats some cutthroat shit right there. I bet you its a mad scramble by Sony to plant as many ads excluding the 360 label as possible. Desperation is kicking in.

Wizman23

Banned
Bernie! LOL

He should be interesting to say the least.

What is the over under on when a gameplay vid gets leaked? I say Thursday by noon.

i dont think its really gonna matter what sony does paid ad wise. it hasnt worked this gen yet once. all i know is someone better start advertising on TV already.

BenjaminBirdie said:
That's so bizarre. There's iterations of the same exact poster, just with different logos.
I think Sony was at Kinko's making copies and they were all "SHIT! We are out of cash and we still need 4 more posters." Then they saw Microsoft come through the door and Sony was all "Yo MS sup dawg. You wanna help us out with our money situation." and MS was all "HELL YEAH! But we have to represent on those posters." and Sony was all "NO DOUBT!"

That is how it went down.

Aladuf

Banned
darkressurection said:
I think Sony was at Kinko's making copies and they were all "SHIT! We are out of cash and we still need 4 more posters." Then they saw Microsoft come through the door and Sony was all "Yo MS sup dawg. You wanna help us out with our money situation." and MS was all "HELL YEAH! But we have to represent on those posters." and Sony was all "NO DOUBT!"

Well, that does make the most sense.

darkressurection said:

wao.

anyone else buying both console versions like me? im getting the 360 version at midnite launch and the ps3 version from gamefly (keeping it from gamefly for only 42 bucks...gotta love the buy it now).

normally i wouldnt do this but i wanna give rockstar all my support...plus i need something to use my ps3 for, seeing as ive had it for a year and never played a game in it.

Mr. Spinnington said:

Yeah. Playboy X sort of seals the deal, doesn't he.

Have you read this 1up interview? This shit is so fucking amazing. The way he talks about capturing NYC, the Brighton Beach stuff, it's so fucking spot on. It's really amazing to me that games have finally reached this point where pouring all this energy and processing power into creating like fantastical escapist worlds, someone is finally turning it on our own contemporary reality and really capturing it perfectly.

I'm pretty fucking blown away.

Maggot9

Banned
AndyIsTheMoney said:
anyone else buying both console versions like me? im getting the 360 version at midnite launch and the ps3 version from gamefly (keeping it from gamefly for only 42 bucks...gotta love the buy it now).

normally i wouldnt do this but i wanna give rockstar all my support...plus i need something to use my ps3 for, seeing as ive had it for a year and never played a game in it.
I THINK ROCKSTAR WILL BE OK WITH YOU BUYING ONE COPY OF THE GAME, SEEING HAS HOW 6 BAJILLION PEOPLE WILL ALSO BUY ONE COPY OF THE GAME

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
AndyIsTheMoney said:

That's actually the route I'm going for as well. Got my gamefly set, with 1 empty slot, and no other games except PS3 GTAIV on my Q. I'll figure out if I want to buy it as well or not.

Maggot9 said:
I THINK ROCKSTAR WILL BE OK WITH YOU BUYING ONE COPY OF THE GAME, SEEING HAS HOW 6 BAJILLION PEOPLE WILL ALSO BUY ONE COPY OF THE GAME

well also i wanna experience it on each console seeing as how they might be different. AND WHATS WITH THE CAPS?!!!???

Teknoman

Rhindle said:
Looks like East LA representin' to me ... so you're right.

MobiusPigeon said:
i'm in LA. :) yeah i took em cuz i noticed there were some characters we havent really seen yet.

Heh thats just cool how even a PS2 had that much attention to detail. Also 5 bucks says they make Bernie have a lisp or a german accent.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
GTAIV SHIPPED

WILL BE HERE TOMORROW

*dies*

plz be here tomorrow

AndyIsTheMoney said:

I am also buying it for both consoles. If it was up to me, I'd only buy the PS3, but with the multiplayer options and most of my friends only have a 360, I decided upon both. Most of my single player time will be spent on the PS3, with a little multiplayer sprinkled here and there on the 360. I had some left over credit at GameRush and didn't have to pay out-of-pocket to get both versions either.

Maggot9 said:
BECAUSE I WANT TO KNOW WHY PEOPLE DO WHAT YOU DO

like i said i normally wouldnt do this, but hell for $42 i think it is worth it. That means im spending a little over $100 for both versions...id like to believe GTA is worth it. and like i said, i think we all know each version will be different, so i would like to play through both versions so i can experience both. i dont think that is unreasonable. besides more people than you might think will be doing the same.

Lord knows ive spent money on alot worse and wasteful things...

MercuryLS

Banned
AndyIsTheMoney said:
like i said i normally wouldnt do this, but hell for $42 i think it is worth it. That means im spending a little over $100 for both versions...id like to believe GTA is worth it. and like i said, i think we all know each version will be different, so i would like to play through both versions so i can experience both. i dont think that is unreasonable. besides more people than you might think will be doing the same.

Lord knows ive spent money on alot worse and wasteful things...

I'm buying both too, probably not at the same time but I will own both.

Deeku

GeoramA said:
Derek! Finally a videogame character with my name. Hope he doesn't die...

There was Dr Derek Stiles in Trauma Centre. He was a DOCTORRRRZ!! But Derek the gangster is still pretty cool. Go Derek!

critch

Banned
AndyIsTheMoney said:
i think we all know each version will be different,

The difference between the PS3 and the 360 versions is minimal from all accounts, in a very very slight graphical way. The content will be the exact same, except on the 360 one you can buy some more later on. That's it, the end.

newsguy

I get this feeling playboy X is going to be one hell of a character. As plain as his mini trailer was, I love the vibe I got from him.

Wollan

Just came back from EB @ Melbourne Central.

They don't have the game in stock yet there.
They have a big sign proclaiming midnight launch on Monday. In February they proclaimed they wouldn't be having one at all due to traditional street breaking of GTA sales down under, this change though seems to indicate to me that they feel compelled to wait, perhaps due to penalties.

Anyways, pre-orderd the loli SE version.

Teknoman

newsguy said:
I get this feeling playboy X is going to be one hell of a character. As plain as his mini trailer was, I love the vibe I got from him.

"Gotta break a few omelets to make some eggs. Know what i'm sayin?"

Top Bottom