• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

xbhaskarx

Opus Angelorum said:
He does hit the pipe, his body turns over and his projected landing is further from the building.

If he hits a pipe after falling ten feet, what's with all the blood?
And the blood seems to be coming from his head/torso region, which is away from the building/pipe.
I would definitely guess he got shot from above... if there was someone above actually shooting down at him.

xbhaskarx

got2bekidding said:
Different one. Keep your eye on it as he falls. You will see him hit it which makes his body physics change during the fall.

Okay, we'll have to check on that once the game is out, I'm still not convinced.

keyrat

Is it just me, or do these gameplay videos kind of underwhelm? They look like shit, and I don't think they really encapsulate anything of what makes this game better than the last ones. Hell, it looks like the last ones gameplay-wise.

indie85

Banned
keyrat said:
Is it just me, or do these gameplay videos kind of underwhelm? They look like shit, and I don't think they really encapsulate anything of what makes this game better than the last ones. Hell, it looks like the last ones gameplay-wise.
It's just you.

good lord thats a poor quality video. I still love how everything looks right when he comes out of the building.
Damn one of the other guys had their account suspended already. R* is kicking some ass on this one.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You guys disappoint me... watching all these youtube clips :(...

BobTheFork said:
good lord thats a poor quality video. I still love how everything looks right when he comes out of the building.
Damn one of the other guys had their account suspended already. R* is kicking some ass on this one.
Damn it, I ended up watching that 3minute video up to when
Niko shoots the person to steal the car.
And I have to say WOW at the visuals, especially the lighting.

And to the guy who is underwhelmed, yeah...it's definitely just you.:lol

MercuryLS

Banned
I loved the arcadey driving model in the previous GTA's, making sharp turns at high speeds was awesome. It seems like the handling is a lot more realistic now, with lots of spinouts :/

;_;

On the plus side, the shooting looks great.

MMaRsu

All the youtube vids have been removed the only 1 I saw was on GT.com

anyone have any more? *foaming at the mouth*

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
Goreomedy said:
This is the only video I'll need to watch.
The slow motion button works great, especially with that sidecar camera to show pedestrian hitting goodness.

I need a rehost video is gone!!!!

Qwerty710710 said:
I need a rehost video is gone!!!!

Just wait patiently. Hundreds of thousands of piraters will be getting the game today. Videos will be going up every minute. just keep refreshing and searching youtube.

Frillen said:
Holy **** at the animation!
holy shit that just felt like chaos. The shootouts are going to be intense.
I THINK I managed to snag all the clip so far. We'll figure out what to do with them later.

Watched whole thing again. HOLY SHIT ! Its going to be fairly epic : )

I'm seeing some of the inevitable backlash that comes with every super hyped game. The short amount that I saw, I thought it looked great. I don't know what some people were expecting.

MMaRsu

BobTheFork said:
holy shit that just felt like chaos. The shootouts are going to be intense.
I THINK I managed to snag all the clip so far. We'll figure out what to do with them later.

Watched whole thing again. HOLY SHIT ! Its going to be fairly epic : )

Dude host them somewhere!!!

Top Bottom