• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Paranoid_Robot said:
Niko hitting old lady video has been posted again for those who missed it.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=5UMd6sy1X4E

Niko puts his hands up when the cop points his gun and then runs away, I always wanted an option in the game where you could surrender. Maybe you can now or maybe it's just Niko reacting to the cop o_O

HOLY TAKE A DUMP ON ME SHIT! The animation is just too incredible and the way how Niko takes cover on the wall is just so fluid, and did you see the cop limping trying to get away!?

This could quite possibly be the greatest game ever.

GQman2121

Banned
I can't believe no one is saving these Youtube vids, and posting them somewhere that doesn't give a fuck about "claims". For shame gaf, for shame. :(

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I can't believe someone isn't webcasting their play session so I can experience the entire game in an area the size of a postage stamp!

GQman2121 said:
I can't believe no one is saving these Youtube vids, and posting them somewhere that doesn't give a fuck about "claims". For shame gaf, for shame. :(
many of us are saving them. I was going to wait until there were more but I think someone is hosting the current ones now so it won't be long.

GQman2121

Banned
BobTheFork said:
many of us are saving them. I was going to wait until there were more but I think someone is hosting the current ones now so it won't be long.

Sounds good mate. I was able to see the cop limping away, then getting shot in the face; so all is well in the world. ;P

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Grrr... I'm bailing out of this thread.

Fuck everyone here.

Manager

Paranoid_Robot said:
Niko hitting old lady video has been posted again for those who missed it.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=5UMd6sy1X4E

Niko puts his hands up when the cop points his gun and then runs away, I always wanted an option in the game where you could surrender. Maybe you can now or maybe it's just Niko reacting to the cop o_O

Is this the 3 minute shooting video you guys talked about earlier that got pulled?

MMaRsu

Damnit I can't believe R* isn't just letting shops sell it right now. It's fucking out on the interwebz and I hate it that these downloading fucks can play it before people who are willing to pay for the game and have been waiting forever for it.

_RT_

MMaRsu said:
Damnit I can't believe R* isn't just letting shops sell it right now. It's fucking out on the interwebz and I hate it that these downloading fucks can play it before people who are willing to pay for the game and have been waiting forever for it.

Agreed 100%

keyrat

MMaRsu said:

These gameplay videos are probably from games that are bought in Australia, from stores who broke the date; the pirate release just came out this morning.

MMaRsu

keyrat said:
These gameplay videos are probably from games that are bought in Australia, from stores who broke the date; the pirate release just came out this morning.

But still dude, people are gonna play this TODAY

Tieno

BenjaminBirdie said:
Wow, I just realized, if you can perpetrate all this insanity in Brooklyn, finally opening up Manhattan is going to be SO. FUCKING. EPIC.
Is your apartment in this game too?

Cyntec

Ploid 3.0 said:
What? 360 is hacked? They also say don't play this game while connected to live until next week. So pirates got to the point where they can be connected to live and have a hacked xbox? Dang that's pretty messed up if so.

yeah.. that made me pondering as well

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
MMaRsu said:

Pirating is just a fact of life in any form of media today. R* can't change their launch plans because of that. They have ads, events, contracts all pointing at the 29th, can't change all that just for a few pirates out there. Just because a few people pirate the game, GTAIV is still going to sell a shitload. Can't change plans for that.

jaaz

Is it an unprecedented for a company to break its own planned release date and instruct retailers to start selling it early?

I ask because it seems to me that a LOT of retailers have the game already, nearly a week before release, which will inevitably lead (and is already leading) to massive leaks. In fact, I tried to cancel a pre-order on Monday with gamestop.com (I pre-ordered the game from somewhere else) and I was told that the item had already been packed and loaded in trucks awaiting shipment! Crazy...

At this rate, someone will beat the game and post the ending on the net before the game's official release date next Tuesday.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I really, really don't understand why Rockstar wont post three or so minutes of direct feed HD gameplay. Instead, people will be watching the game for the first time on Youtube and lower-quality sites, recorded by cell phone cams and off TVs.

Ugh. :(

j-wood

since the game is leaked on the internet now, do you guys think R* will do something like Naughty Dog did with uncharted and just start selling the game? I mean it's already in stores...why not?

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
Bearillusion said:
400 MS points.
:lol nice. Also, MMaRsu is right, release the game already. I got the day off next Tuesday but I'd call in sick in a heartbeat if the streetdate is broken.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Anyone else blown away that he just opened the door, and there was the world? No load screens, not even for a sec?

Incredible.

Geoff9920

chubigans said:
Anyone else blown away that he just opened the door, and there was the world? No load screens, not even for a sec?

Incredible.
Whoa, seriously? That's great news, I've been stuck at work so I only saw the Intro video.

keyrat

j-wood said:
since the game is leaked on the internet now, do you guys think R* will do something like Naughty Dog did with uncharted and just start selling the game? I mean it's already in stores...why not?

This is expected to be the biggest release ever in the history of media, and that's because of casual gamers (ie. not me and you). These copies that are out are so few that the casual gamer who eats up GTA and accounts for the majority of the money will never even know.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
j-wood said:

And then screw their online stores like Amazon? You can't screw the rest of your partners like that. Because then people will cancel online orders in favor of going to brick and mortar stores.

Top Bottom