• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Bluecondor

Eric WK said:
I want one of these early players to go through and make a soundtrack listing.

That would be great! While I want to hold off on the intro and gameplay videos until I get the game, I alays like to know the soundtrack ahead of time.

Tek

Himuro said:
ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH MY DICK

I don't want to look at shit but you guys are really making me want to

DONT DO IT!!!! STAY STRONG!!!!!

* thank goodness for work blocking everything *

Xemu

I hope you enjoyed your little rebellion, irritant. But remember, what SHODAN gives she is more than able to take away.
This thread is simultaneously the most awesome and horrible thing ever.

I watched the first 30 seconds of one of those gameplay links. It was awesome, then I realized I was just spoiling myself and forced to stop.

I quite appreciate the spoiler tagging of info so far y'all -- thanks. Much appreciated, hopefully others will keep it up.

Tendo

I told myself I'd wait for the inevitable PC release, but upon seeing those gampley vids...I don't think I can do it...I'm not strong enough :(

RumFore

Banned
mio said:
Guys help me out here, i'm really on a limb to spend good monies on a game i won't be able to play right away :/

Not sure about the US but it seems to be kind of limited in Europe and Australia as I have seen some say its sold out or they have been asked to change there orders to the normal version.

FnordChan

Sylar said:
If theres no classical station in the game, what radio station is Koyanisqatti on?

Possibly on The Journey, the ambient/chill out station, though that's a bit of a stretch. The Koyaanisqatsi track may not be in the game at all, more's the pity.

FnordChan

Dazzyman

We got any info yet whether PS3 version is 7.1 or PCM etc.. and is 1080p capable (hacked or otherwise). Im getting it on 360 but if its got 7.1 Im tempted to double dip but not if I have to go back down to 720p

Dazzyman said:
We got any info yet whether PS3 version is 7.1 or PCM etc.. and is 1080p capable (hacked or otherwise). Im getting it on 360 but if its got 7.1 Im tempted to double dip but not if I have to go back down to 720p

It definitely supports 1080p. No one knows about the sound capabilities though.

with less than a week left im not gonna spoil gta by being tempted by watching gameplay vids and reading reactions. Have fun guys I'll be back probably on wednesday or so next week to share my awesomeness

bailout.gif

Barakov

Domino Theory said:
"Kill a R* employee in a ranked multiplayer match."

Wow, they BETTER be playing a lot. :p

That will ensure achievement fans will be playing the multiplayer for quite some time.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
lawblob said:
Looks like 1UP has them.

One of the achievements is for blowing up 10 cars in 10 seconds.... fap fap fap...
Looks like they WANT my PS3 to crash! :lol

Chiggs

Gold Member
The song 1979 doesn't even make sense for a game that takes place in Liberty City. The song is about SoCal youth, and I'm willing to bet nobody on the east coast ever enjoyed that track.

I'm so sick of Rockstar and their habit of using music incorrectly. "She's On Fire" and "Push It to the Limit" should have been in Vice City, not GTA III. Pull it together, guys.

Chiggs said:
The song 1979 doesn't even make sense for a game that takes place in Liberty City. The song is about SoCal youth, and I'm willing to bet nobody on the east coast ever enjoyed that track.

I'm so sick of Rockstar and their habit of using music incorrectly. "She's On Fire" and "Push It to the Limit" should have been in Vice City, not GTA III. Pull it together, guys.
Uhh, the Pumpkins are from Chicago, are you sure about that Southern California thing?

The lyrics contain no reference to location.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Seiken said:
lawblob said:
Looks like 1UP has them.

One of the achievements is for blowing up 10 cars in 10 seconds.... fap fap fap...
Looks like they WANT my PS3 to crash!

The list that lawblob posted was for xbox 360, so I dont get the PS3 comment. Does the PS3 version even have achievements? Serious question.

Yoshichan

sableholic said:
The list that lawblob posted was for xbox 360, so I dont get the PS3 comment. Does the PS3 version even have achievements? Serious question.
Ah, I thought R* was as smart as Capcom.

Dragon

Banned
sableholic said:

I believe it does, but don't quote me on it. And it doesn't have a unified structure like a gamerscore so for most people it's not really the same thing.

Eric WK

Chiggs said:

The hell are you even talking about?

Chiggs said:

Even though your reasoning is off, I actually agree - 1979 is a weird choice for the contemporary setting. Still, maybe it's to appeal to those who were in their teens when GTA first came out.

Does anyone know how these tracks are stored? AAC? MP3?

Bluecondor

Chiggs said:

"She's on Fire" and "Push It to the Limit" were perfect for GTA III. They wanted a little bit of a Scarface vibe on that 80s station. I actually associate the Scarface soundtrack with GTA III now, as this was so well done. Even though I enjoyed watching the movie and then playing the game, the songs really fit well with GTA III.

I like that R* doesn't just put in a limited set of music. They try and recreate certain moods and atmosphere by putting in certain genres (like the classical music station in GTA III). It will all depend on what they try to do with songs like 1979 (which a lot of people really liked here in Pittsburgh - which is practically the anti-thesis of the West Coast).

Top Bottom