• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Qwerty710710 said:
I don't know other than by the airport there isn't too much action. Crackdown has more cars and people on the streets.

I saw someone blow through twelve people under the archway, I saw nine people run away from a car in another clip.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Himuro said:
ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH MY DICK

I don't want to look at shit but you guys are really making me want to
Be strong, sir... I know you can do it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'll be the only one on GAF who's not gonna watch any gameplay part. Good stuff.

dork

Banned
Jtyettis said:
Nice, and being the 360 version I have no worries after this. Ran a lot, a lot smoother than I thought and the gfx look great. I still hope there is an optional HDD install however because you can definitely hear those fans a running overtime.
why would you worry about it anyway?

ps.

If we got them in at work today, is it worth getting fired to open one and start playing?

yes, yes it is

FrankT

dork said:
why would you worry about it anyway?

ps.

If we got them in at work today, is it worth getting fired to open one and start playing?

yes, yes it is

Well if it streaming off the HDD hopefully those fans would not be working as hard and thus not as loud.

jts

...hate me...
mio said:
So guys, tell me this. Is the SE version of the game limited?

I don't own either a PS3 or an X360, nor will i play the game until at least the Summer breaks in and classes are out.

But i really like the SE, teh box and bag are awsoms, i want it :-( and that whore boxart i want it too :-(

What do you think of buying it now and get a PS3 (probably months) later? Stupid?
Guys help me out here, i'm really on a limb to spend good monies on a game i won't be able to play right away :/

EktorPR

Jtyettis said:
Nice, and being the 360 version I have no worries after this. Ran a lot, a lot smoother than I thought and the gfx look great. I still hope there is an optional HDD install however because you can definitely hear those fans a running overtime.

So basically, there are vids from both versions out there...what the fuck, Rockstar.

LowParry

I'm going to be honest about this one. I'm Gameflying this game first before I decide on purchasing it. The last GTA game I was really into was Vice City. I didn't care much for any others after but 4 I'm going to give a try again. If it's good, I'll buy it through Gamefly (since I get 10% off :D ). So far from what I've seen with these leaked vids, it looks extremely promising.

Edit: I'm just not sure what version to get. PS3 or 360. I want the HDD install but my 360 space is almost up.

kylej

Banned
mio said:
Guys help me out here, i'm really on a limb to spend good monies on a game i won't be able to play right away :/

It won't be limited. This isn't an Atlus RPG special edition. It's freakin' GTA.

I remember Bungie talking about how rare the Legendary Edition of Halo 3 was going to be and how every copy was already sold before the game was even released and if you wanted one and didnt preorder blahblahblahblah

Right now every store in America has 10 dusty Legendary Edition boxes.

Eric WK

CcrooK said:
I'm going to be honest about this one. I'm Gameflying this game first before I decide on purchasing it. The last GTA game I was really into was Vice City. I didn't care much for any others after but 4 I'm going to give a try again. If it's good, I'll buy it through Gamefly (since I get 10% off :D ). So far from what I've seen with these leaked vids, it looks extremely promising.

What I like is they scaled back all of the superfluous stuff from San Andreas. I've been playing a little bit of SA lately and it just seems like too much sometimes. It feels like GTA IV goes back to the roots of III and VC, while adding a lot of useful touches over things like driving skill, working out, needing to eat, etc.

EktorPR

BenjaminBirdie said:
What did they do?

Nothing, actually. Take 2 is the one responsible for this (we're 6 days from the release date and there are people with it). In case you haven't "get it"...

ME = JEALOUS.

LowParry

Eric WK said:
What I like is they scaled back all of the superfluous stuff from San Andreas. I've been playing a little bit of SA lately and it just seems like too much sometimes. It feels like GTA IV goes back to the roots of III and VC, while adding a lot of useful touches over things like driving skill, working out, needing to eat, etc.

If it's back to the ways of Vice City, I'll be over this one for sure. Still just debating which version to get. People are saying the PS3 version looks better? I haven't really been following this game. I want my surprizes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
GameGamer said:
Animation looks good.

Camera looks REALLY good.

Graphics looks like Saints Row 1 (from the vid)

Disappointed that people near by don't get involved in the action. Can drive crazy near police without anything happening :(

It's still a rental to me so far.
Still a rental? :lol

GQman2121

Banned
You see a few plants and smaller trees pop up a little late in a few of the shots. Overall though the game looks much more impressive than what any of the released pictures show.

Not to brag or anything, but I must be the greatest GTA driver ever because some of these people don't look like they have any idea what they're doing. I ball the fuck out, and "whip it, whip it, real hard".

GQman2121 said:
You see a few plants and smaller trees pop up a little late in a few of the shots. Overall though the game looks much more impressive than what any of the released pictures show.

Not to brag or anything, but I must be the greatest GTA driver ever because some of these people don't look like they have any idea what they're doing. I ball the fuck out, and "whip it, whip it, real hard".

In one of the videos the guy jumps instead of jacks a car. Clearly not a GTA vet unless the controls have changed.

Yoshichan

MotorbreathX said:
In one of the videos the guy jumps instead of jacks a car. Clearly not a GTA vet unless the controls have changed.
Give them a break! They're obviously so amazed over the game that they totally forgot how to play.

Yoshichan

got2bekidding said:
Why the hell is it so quiet now? What am I missing?
Other thread, obviously :(

newsguy said:
I think acute head explosions are sweeping the internets. Lighting, animation, 1979, physics, all known causes.
I swear it's got to be the case. Either that or everyone is cleaning up from rubbing out chubbies they got from the vids.

derder

Here's some of the comments on the Youtube gameplay video. Imagine, if you will, what NeoGAF would be like without closed registration.

was ur gta vid ps3 or suxbox?

r u an idiot andymethvin its 100% on xbox not on stupid ps3 because xbox is only hackable!

GET ME what doy u mean suxbox dumbasss, that was the 360 can u hear the loud noise in the background...? 360 all da way!

were you playing the gaystation version or the xbox360 version

_RT_

derder said:
Here's some of the comments on the Youtube gameplay video. Imagine, if you will, what NeoGAF would be like without closed registration.

was ur gta vid ps3 or suxbox?

r u an idiot andymethvin its 100% on xbox not on stupid ps3 because xbox is only hackable!

GET ME what doy u mean suxbox dumbasss, that was the 360 can u hear the loud noise in the background...? 360 all da way!

were you playing the gaystation version or the xbox360 version

Actually... I've seen some threads on this board very similar to those quotes. :lol

daw840

derder said:

I have always marveled at the intelligence level of youtube comments on everything

derder said:

I don't think it's that much better than your example here. The language is more sophisticated and reserved but it's essentially the same intent.

Top Bottom