• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Rimshot

Too bad the game doesn't seem to be region free for the 360, so I had to order the game abroad since I have an american xbox. So guess I'ma have to wait 2 weeks after the release to play it :(

eLGee

Does anyone have a wallpaper-sized pic of lollipop-girl?

Also, if anyone feels compelled, could you GTA4-ize my avatar? :)

I fall asleep to GTA gameplay vids and I wake up to 1979 :/ I am awake right ?
I was never a fan but I thought that song was extra lame, and I was born in '79

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
eLGee said:
Does anyone have a wallpaper-sized pic of lollipop-girl?

Also, if anyone feels compelled, could you GTA4-ize my avatar? :)

THIS IS NOT A GTA AVATAR THREAD (Try the trailer thread ^_^)

Frillen said:
Frillen
Banned
(Today, 10:01 PM)
Reply | Quote

2rzv491.jpg

Grimm Fandango said:
Heh I was wondering when you would. But we BOTH win good sir!!

I still haven't played SkullMonkeys though
O-o whatever you do, don't eat the potato, you'll break out in itchy sores.
I couldn't find a good way to GTA4'ify mine you I've just been keeping it real.

Tr4nce

Frillen said:

Serves you right. Rickrollin' is so annoying, I'm glad GAF decided to make it a bannable offense.

So ehm, anyway. When I saw the first video this afternoon, I thought that the graphics hadn't improved as much as I thought, but after seeing all of these gameplay vids, I must confess that I have a different opinion now. The game looks great, even better than on the screenshots. The lighting looks swell, and the whole game oozes such an amazing atmosphere. The physics look cool, and I really love Niko's dialogue. And the cars... Oh man. The car models look amazing. This is one epic game. I can not imagine that I will ever stop playing this game, it looks like so much fun, so immersive. It's not fair that a bunch of people are already playing this. Oh and edit: I am particularly fond of the sound of the police sirens. They sound so real and really give you the feeling that the police is after you. Kudo's to R*. Best game ever, if you ask me.

Scotch

If this whole thing teaches me anything it's that once again it pays to be a pirate. I'm sitting here counting the days while those fuckers are playing the game right now. :(

ARGH. :(

This is going to be so painful next week while I hold my copy of GTAIV (preordered and paid in full) but won't be able to play it since my PS3 is at Sony right now and a new one is on backorder for who knows how long.

Scotch said:
If this whole thing teaches me anything it's that once again it pays to be a pirate. I'm sitting here counting the days while those fuckers are playing the game right now. :(

I agree. I hope Rockstar and/or Microsoft/Sony finds a way to punish the retailers that sold the games too early. They shouldn't be allowed to sell future GTA games or something like that.

I don't know why but even though I have the 360 version preordered, I'm heavily leaning towards the PS3 version. It makes no sense and I'd be silly not to take advantage of the extra content on the 360 but I'm scared of the console dying... :/ I've had it for so long now and it has taken such good care of me. I'd hate to turn my back on it now.

Himuro said:
Any impressions from people who have the game? No spoilers. Just wanna know how it is. The people who said Saints Row has better graphics, I don't want their impressions because we know their impressions are fake.
Yeah, I am done with that other thread, people pointing out problems that aren't there and trying to be down on the game.

darkressurection said:
Yeah, I am done with that other thread, people pointing out problems that aren't there and trying to be down on the game.
yeah, the hell is up with that. There are all these amazing videos that don't spoil anything for the story; then someone posts random quotes from some guy who said its looked worse that SR :lol and people are trying to call BAIL.

BobTheFork said:
yeah, the hell is up with that. There are all these amazing videos that don't spoil anything for the story; then someone posts random quotes from some guy who said its looked worse that SR 9lol) and people are trying to call BAIL.
Meh. Let the haters hate while we enjoy the awesome.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
darkressurection said:

It's horrible, yeah. What the hell is wrong with some people. :\

I see: "Whoa, he just did a 360 in that SUV, shotgun'd some cops and took off in the police Hummer!"

They see: "7:32, trashcan lid pop-in."

chubigans said:

I see: "Whoa, he just did a 360 in that SUV, shotgun'd some cops and took off in the police Hummer!"

:lol

Spot on.

chubigans said:

QFMFT

chubigans said:

:lol :lol :lol

chubigans said:

'When I drove over the cop car in the hummer and shot him out of the window, the car seemed to bouncy when it landed" :p

bigmakstudios said:
What's going on? Was the release date pushed up or something? Why is everyone saying they're getting the game early next week?
broken dreams and street dates. most of these seems to be coming from over seas. Some got it shipped to them early, but ome are pirates you know.

Top Bottom