• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Wizpig

Can someone please explain me how the Online will work in this game?

Cooperative = Yes or No?
And by CoOp i mean driving around with a friend, like in Burnout Paradise.

newsguy

Wizpig said:
Can someone please explain me how the Online will work in this game?

Cooperative = Yes or No?
And by CoOp i mean driving around with a friend, like in Burnout Paradise.

Yes, and you can drive, shoot, evade cops etc. Not only with one friend, with 15.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
newsguy said:
Yes, and you can drive, shoot, evade cops etc. Not only with one friend, with 15.
ooh, 15. good enough reason for me to wallow in sadness as I play GTA sans 360 online fees and a headset. :[

Wizpig

newsguy said:
So, obviously it's not the story mode but i can say "I want fifteen people to go there and we'll just randomly walk/drive/do what we want WITHOUT multiplayer modes like deathmatch"?

If so, awesome!

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Wizpig said:
So, obviously it's not the story mode but i can say "I want fifteen people to go there and we'll just randomly walk/drive/do what we want WITHOUT multiplayer modes like deathmatch"?

If so, awesome!

I wonder what sort of performance hit we'll see when we're pushing the extent of the sandbox by blowing up a shitload of cars at the same time with 16 players online.

raYne

Wizpig said:

If so, awesome!
Yes, via Free Roam mode. You have access to the whole city (and it's cars, bikes, trucks, helicopters etc) as well. :D

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
chespace said:
I wonder what sort of performance hit we'll see when we're pushing the extent of the sandbox by blowing up a shitload of cars at the same time with 16 players online.

That would be pretty cool actually.

Does anyone know if we can use Katana swords as weapons?

homez99

Not sure if this has been posted already, but here are all the Game stores (UK only squires) opening at midnight to sell the game: http://www.game.co.uk/gtastores/. I am so pumped to see the place I pre-orded my baby from on the list over in Coventry, going to be one hell of a night.

Wizpig

A lot of people in Italy has this game from like 2 days - and i'm not talking about pirates, they bought it.
As for me, i asked at my local shop and MAYBE i will already find it this Monday instead of Tuesday.

We'll see.

dedhead54

Grimm Fandango said:
Fairly good. I'm sure plenty of copies will be around.

That's what I was thinking. I don't feel like it's necessary to pre-order these days. There's usually more than enough copies to go around.

raYne

Iamthegamer said:
it's a shame that there's no tanks. What are they gonna throw at me when I get 6 stars?
dynl8z.jpg

"Come quietly or there will be.. trouble."

MercuryLS

Banned
Holy shit, I just saw a cop try to hang onto a car that just got jacked. He tried so hard to stay on and even realistically did a running motion to keep up with the speed of the car. Fucking amazing. I mean really mindblowing stuff I didn't expect till X720/PS4 :O

Onemic

MercuryLS said:
Holy shit, I just saw a cop try to hang onto a car that just got jacked. He tried so hard to stay on and even realistically did a running motion to keep up with the speed of the car. Fucking amazing. I mean really mindblowing stuff I didn't expect till X720/PS4 :O

vid?

MercuryLS said:

lol, 512MB is more than enough to great animations.

MercuryLS

Banned
onemic said:

It was in the live stream.

jordan0386 said:
lol, 512MB is more than enough to great animations.

It was completely dynamic, that's what sells it. It just looks perfect, like something you'd see in a heist film. I didn't expect that level of realism in animations this gen.

jaaz

Iamthegamer said:
it's a shame that there's no tanks. What are they gonna throw at me when I get 6 stars?

Sharks with 'fricken laser beams on their heads. Or at the very least, ill-tempered sea bass. :)

Eric WK

dagZ said:
people are going crazy saying T2 got him. :lol

They did, from what I gather. He received a cease and desist email and was asked to call Take Two or something to that effect. Clearly he's complying.

Himuro said:
Oh God. According to that pdf, my gamestop isn't doing a midnight launch.

Mine is! Of course I asked last week and the said of course like I was asking the dumbest question on the planet! If I wasn't so happy about the Midnight launch I would of kicked his pimply ass!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Eric WK said:
They did, from what I gather. He received a cease and desist email and was asked to call Take Two or something to that effect. Clearly he's complying.
I wonder if T2 is manipulating the situation. How long did they wait to send the email when they found out? Did they really want a media blackout leading up to release or did they count on this happening?

I just realized that this game is coming out the day I have off from class. Oh shit, happy day!!! This whole midnight time bullshit finally works out for once.

my Gamestop and doing midnight launch also, I don't think I will do it tho.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
I am considering passing up on the midnight launch. I gotta work on Tuesday morning and there's nothing more depressing for me than driving out to Redmond (from Seattle) around midnight after a day of work in Redmond.

In the meantime... I'll play GTA: VCS on PSP or Crackdown on Xbox 360. :lol

Top Bottom