• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
the radio playing one had a tv on for a couple minutes. This radio talk show host is seriously insanely hilarious. where does Rockstar dig up these writers? they're incredible!

HoTHiTTeR

There is so much awesome content outside of the "game". The talk radio is amazing, the television station, all the witty comments from people passing by and people you interact with. Totally awesome, my hype meter is exploding. :D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
One person claps... "And the crowd is going absolutely wild".

That is some good shit. I seriously need to stop spoiling myself but I think there is so much content you probably can only really "spoil" 1% of it at this point. Wish it was shipping today; I wonder if I could organize a class action and get a temporary injunction so that everyone could have it by the weekend.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Himuro said:
Sigh. It's like I'm the only one not watching this live stream.
Trust me, you're not. I'm playing MGS3 while these bastards spoil this years biggest game on a shitty stream.

jaaz

Himuro said:

You are not alone. I'm not watching either. My first view of this masterpiece will be on a 40" 1080p Bravia, not a crappy youtube or other file host stream.

Besides, I want to be the one to go [THERE] and do [THAT] for the first time, not watch some snot-nose hacker have all the fun and ruin it for me.

But, that's just me.

.nimrod

Seiken said:
Trust me, you're not. I'm playing MGS3 while these bastards spoil this years biggest game on a shitty stream.

The quality is actually quite good :p

But i stopped watching, too. I've got to hype up myself for the MGO beta :)

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Lol, "If you're under 18, I'm going to have to ask you to stop watching."

edit: WTF, this was supposed to go in the live stream....

.nimrod said:
The quality is actually quite good :p

But i stopped watching, too. I've got to hype up myself for the MGO beta :)

This past week drained so much of my hype of it... now I am filled with GTAIV hype. Once I get it I will be good but my anticipation is shot.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I don't give a crap about spoilers in a GTA game, but I am not watching because the stream won't open while I'm at work. :(

Geoff9920

Himuro said:
Being stuck at work has been a huge help in that department for me. :p I watched a couple of the gameplay vids yesterday, but I'll be holding off until I get the game so I can watch it on my Kuro. :) Although I think I'll still checkout the video reviews, if there are any before then.

Coop

Himuro said:
I'm not, I dont get why people want to ruin the experience. It reminds me when people read spoilers for the 3rd season finale of lost.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Coop said:
I'm not, I dont get why people want to ruin the experience. It reminds me when people read spoilers for the 3rd season finale of lost.

Really?
Watching someone drive around at 320x240 is ruining the experience? :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jtwo said:
Really?
Watching someone drive around at 320x240 is ruining the experience? :lol
He IS doing missions right?

.nimrod

Coop said:

Well i won't read anything MGS4 related until it's in my PS3, and i haven't watched the GTA4 intro or any missions. So it's not like anything story related is spoiled for me by watching random gameplay.
Each to his own i guess

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I watched for a good 20 minutes and the only "mission" he did was pick up this girl michelle and take her to get drunk.

I'm sure he IS doing missions, but the majority of what I saw was him taking requests from people in the chat and showing off chases or vehicle bailouts and such.

I still think that even seeing 3-4 cutscenes (if you were to watch for like an hour) wouldn't even ruin the experience, they're just mission setups and there is probably over 200 of them in the game.
I mean, GTA does have a good story, but come-on GTA is so much more than it's story.

skip

Dartastic said:
This is what companies SHOULD do in situations like this. Street dates are absolutely infuriating.

publishers want hard street dates so they can put the epic #'s in the "FIRST DAY SALES" press release, instead of spreading them out over a few days.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Hey skip, any word on how Rockstar is handling this leakage? You think they might allow sites to put up some higher-quality gameplay vids earlier?

Dartastic

skip said:
publishers want hard street dates so they can put the epic #'s in the "FIRST DAY SALES" press release, instead of spreading them out over a few days.

I know. It's still really really frustrating. The fact that the game launches at the end of the month doesn't help matters, as I'm sure they're going to brag that they sold x amount of units in two days. *sigh*

skip

chubigans said:
Hey skip, any word on how Rockstar is handling this leakage? You think they might allow sites to put up some higher-quality gameplay vids earlier?

no word yet. I'm going to assume that you still won't see "sanctioned" footage until next week.

raYne

chubigans said:
Considering that they're shutting down everything that they have the ability to, I wouldn't expect it.

Not until post launch anyway.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Ive watched 2 videos, only gameplay. I already know more than i wanted to know, i want everything else to be discovered.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
The Chef said:

Bailout!!

WTF man!!!!!! People are avoiding the stream for a reason.

dedhead54

Sick bailout video BTW! I love Euphoria. In the stream earlier Niko was driving Michelle on a motorcycle while he was hammered and rear-ended a car, sending just her flying 20 ft. over the car in front of him. :D

Yoshichan

Take that fucking gif away from my thread, NOW.

Top Bottom