• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Linkzg said:
The PC GTA games let you record your actions and all that.

Obviously, programs like fraps allow it with every game. We need it on consoles(or ever game to hit PC day one as well. i like that option too.)

FrankT

Jeez, over 1200 on mygamercard.net so far. Unreal, no telling how many more offline as well.

And that is one crazy gif.

Teknoman

Iamthegamer said:
25fq2dg.gif

The greatest thing I've ever seen in a video game. Bar none. holy shit.

Damn!!

Teknoman

dedhead54 said:
I was kind kind of surprised this feature wasn't included. The Euphoria engine is going to generate so much hilarity that people will want to share with the world.

Well at least we've got a cellphone cam.

voltron

Himuro said:
TO the people playing the game. How are the side missions? Saints Row has some better side missions than GTA in some cases. I wanna know if GTA stepped it up.

Good question...I forgot how great the SR side missions were... particularly the bone breaking one.

Well people?

I had this game pre ordered for a month now and was very patiente but now, after watching those vids, I am COMPLETLEY HYPED.

any more videos please, to pass some time.

DeadCell

Hooray for me stumbling upon the biggest fucking spoiler ever in the history of mankind.

Stay far away from Youtube people, far far away.

:'(

Costanza

Banned
Iamthegamer said:
25fq2dg.gif

The greatest thing I've ever seen in a video game. Bar none. holy shit.
omfg

i've been kinda disappointed with much of the screens and crappy quality video I've seen, but this is just amazingly fuckawesome

Tuesday needs to fucking get here.

besada

Banned
Man, seeing the video footage has me incredibly horny to play this game. Tuesday seems like a million years away.

Bastards.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I have to say that it's pretty crazy how awesomely civilized this thread is, considering the IGN thread is monstrously huge.

Probably the threat of bannings is what's doing it, but still, it's great to have an official thread like this. :D

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
chubigans said:
I have to say that it's pretty crazy how awesomely civilized this thread is, considering the IGN thread is monstrously huge.

Probably the threat of bannings is what's doing it, but still, it's great to have an official thread like this. :D

Somehow I doubt this will last, especially once sites start doing comparisons. :(

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Papercuts said:
Somehow I doubt this will last, especially once sites start doing comparisons. :(

Actually that's going in a separate official thread. This one will be clear of the console wars. :D

Duke Togo

DeadCell said:
Hooray for me stumbling upon the biggest fucking spoiler ever in the history of mankind.

Stay far away from Youtube people, far far away.

:'(
Shitty, but thanks for the warning. It might be time to stay away from here for a few days, if past incidents are any indication.

dedhead54

I hope this thread doesn't get fanboy'd. :/

It's going great as is. Come Tuesday I hope it'll still be a good place to discuss the game, not read about which controller's trigger buttons are better and other pointless shit.

dedhead54 said:

It's going great as is. Come Tuesday I hope it'll still be a good place to discuss the game, not read about which controller's trigger buttons are better and other pointless shit.

word

dejay

Banned
dedhead54 said:

In my opinion you can politely discuss which system you're getting it for as long as you don't bullshit and agree to disagree with anyone else who's politely discussing the same. Discussing such things doesn't make you a fanboy, especially when you have both systems.

Controllers are the input into the game - why is it deemed as "pointless shit" or fanboyism to state a preference of one over the other when discussing a game. I prefer the 360 controller, but the game reportedly runs better on the PS3. Without people here discussing such differences I couldn't come to an educated decision on which version to buy.

ElyrionX

I asked a while back and no one answered but is the 360 DLC supposed to get any new areas to explore? Or is it all just missions?

dedhead54

dejay said:
In my opinion you can politely discuss which system you're getting it for as long as you don't bullshit and agree to disagree with anyone else who's politely discussing the same. Discussing such things doesn't make you a fanboy, especially when you have both systems.

Controllers are the input into the game - why is it deemed as "pointless shit" or fanboyism to state a preference of one over the other when discussing a game. I prefer the 360 controller, but the game reportedly runs better on the PS3. Without people here discussing such differences I couldn't come to an educated decision on which version to buy.

Okay. Well, look at the IGN review thread. Are people being polite? Is it a friendly debate?

No. Not at all. I agree controllers, graphical issues, etc. are valid input and criticism, but apparently people can't discuss these things reasonably without all hell breaking loose. The other thread went to shit.

Narcosis

Well, seeing the insane reviews and hype today caused me to go from just getting the regular edition on Tuesday to going ahead and doing something I previously thought unnecessary:

I pre ordered the whole SE version of the game.

I don't really need the metal box or the duffel bag or the keychain, but it was like a sudden impulse I couldn't resist.

Tuesday cannot get here fast enough :D

BTW: thanks for keeping the system wars bullshit out of this thread GAF. This is like the only safe haven for GTA4 discussion

Alex

I like the oversized box the SE comes in, but there isn't a single piece within that box that I care about besides the game outside of the keychain that goes with the stupid security box.

Secruity box, don't need or want, bag, don't need or want, the art book is likely to be tiny and largely filled with art we've probably already seen, the soundtrack will be some sampler "best of" disc.

That crap for THIRTY dollars extra? I've only bought the Bioshock LE since the process of actually offering LE's started, the token making of/gimped sountrack disc + a nice doll (ACTION FIGURE!!!) for 10 dollars extra.... and the cool oversized box... I have a thing for those...

Put in a Niko figure, a keychain, sell it for 10 extra, I'd have went for that.

Surfheart

Does anyone know(or think) that the PS3 PAL instruction booklet will be in colour?
SCEE seem to like to provide only black and white booklets with their games over here.

I would be dissapointed if the GTA4 one was black and white because I really enjoy the quirky manuals they have done for their previous games.

kitch9

Banned
Surfheart said:
Does anyone know(or think) that the PS3 PAL instruction booklet will be in colour?
SCEE seem to like to provide only black and white booklets with their games over here.

I would be dissapointed if the GTA4 one was black and white because I really enjoy the quirky manuals they have done for their previous games.

Its in colour as a guide to Liberty City......

about that gif...which car is controlled by the player? Is it multiplayer? Because from here it looked like you were watching your own chase from the cop's perspective, which is mindbottling. AND, it looks like the Person dropped a live grenade in THEIR OWN CAR AND USED IT AS A GIANT BOMB. Oh please please please tell me thats what happened. I had not ever considered that idea, and im twitching over the death match implications.

BobTheFork said:
about that gif...which car is controlled by the player? Is it multiplayer? Because from here it looked like you were watching your own chase from the cop's perspective, which is mindbottling. AND, it looks like the Person dropped a live grenade in THEIR OWN CAR AND USED IT AS A GIANT BOMB. Oh please please please tell me thats what happened. I had not ever considered that idea, and im twitching over the death match implications.

Looks like its a vigilante mission, the person in the cop car shot the other car which exploded, the force of the explosion sent the police car into a barrel roll.

SIP YEK NOD said:
Looks like its a vigilante mission, the person in the cop car shot the other car which exploded, the force of the explosion sent the police car into a barrel roll.
ok vigilante, didn't think of that. But, it didn't look like he shot the car, it looked it it exploded when he ran into it. I also didn't think the guy you were chasing would bail at full speed, at least they didn't in the past. Too bad, i heard the one of the camera angles you can pick was from the chasing cops, but i didn't think it was true.

dedhead54

That .gif is from the IGN video review. He definitely is shooting the car. Then it catches on fire. I guess the impact of his car hitting the already flaming car caused it to explode.

dedhead54 said:
That .gif is from the IGN video review. He definitely is shooting the car. Then it catches on fire. I guess the impact of his car hitting the already flaming car caused it to explode.
boooo :/ I freaked for a second. I remember reading you could drop grenade out of the window, and I thought about dropping them in my own car and being able to watch my teammates explode lol (just once I swear)

Top Bottom