• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

Wollan

jet1911 said:
mv43h0.gif

Ouch.
So it's official.

This is the greatest game ever made.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Alert to all developers. Put Euphoria in ALL of your games.

Sports games with real AI controlling the bodies would be so amazing, and I don't even play sports games.

dedhead54

Wait. I just heard the greatest thing ever.

"Heyyyyy, man! Can anyone help an old crackhead with his habit??"

-some dude down by some docks in Liberty City.

That shit was HILARIOUS. The best part? You can actually give him money.

And it was right after the dude streaming tried to jump a gap on a bridge in a big ass crane truck, failing miserably.

Onemic

Dr_Cogent said:
Hmmm, I doubt they were somehow "shooting for that", but anyhow - the fact that you can install on the PS3 probably accounts for the supposed "better" experience.

It's all about load access times it sounds like. I'm sure the differences are negligible.

From the IGN review it seems that the PS3 version has more AA and less pop-in as well.

voltron

Guys Im not really up to date with this thread.... just wandering if there are any HD direct feed vids floating around - that are also downloadable?

Also can you point me in the right direction...

Teknoman

Whats nice is that even Metal Gear has sorta added force physics. Not as elaborate as what GTAIV can do, but when grenades start flying, people will fly realistically. And they hit with a thud.

Ariexv

Well now I know why alot of people hate Gamestop... So I called to see if it was possible they were breaking the street date since it seemed like every other store is and I got this guy...

Me:hey do you guys have Grand theft Auto IV in?
Guy:uhh yea we do, but like it's not the actual version it's like a demo or something on the ps3
Me:uhh what? Do you have it for the 360?
Guy: it's ummm o Prologue is what it is grand theft auto:prologue its only on the Ps3.
Me:No, not gran turismo Grand theft auto IV
Guy:eek:hh you mean San Andreas?

voltron

Ariexv said:
Well now I know why alot of people hate Gamestop... So I called to see if it was possible they were breaking the street date since it seemed like every other store is and I got this guy...

Wait, wait WAIT -- WHAT? The street date is broken in the US?

jaaz

Ariexv said:

Me:hey do you guys have Grand theft Auto IV in?
Guy:uhh yea we do, but like it's not the actual version it's like a demo or something on the ps3
Me:uhh what? Do you have it for the 360?
Guy: it's ummm o Prologue is what it is grand theft auto:prologue its only on the Ps3.
Me:No, not gran turismo Grand theft auto IV
Guy:eek:hh you mean San Andreas?

:lol He has to have been messing with you. They're probably getting the same call 50 times a day. Plus, there's like 57 GTA:4 posters in every Gamestop it seems...

voltron

jaaz said:
:lol He has to have been messing with you. They're probably getting the same call 50 times a day. Plus, there's like 57 GTA:4 posters in every Gamestop it seems...

yeah... I think its technically impossible to be that stupid in this universe - maybe in an alternate reality, but not here.

verio

AgentOtaku said:
I had a DSIII and actually prefered the triggers on the SIXAXIS ....yeah I'm weird =/

I haven't picked up a DS3, yet. I had no idea there was difference between the "triggers" on the DS3 and SIXAXIS.

What is the difference?

calder

..... god there are no words. Those gifs are fucking killing me, it's like everything I loved about GTA and now I can see perfectly realized my half-formed visions of future next-gen games. I refuse to watch any more movies and I won't read any reviews (skimmed the IGN one, will read them later). I bought a LE at Futureshop tonight, will be there banging on the goddamn door at 12:01am Tuesday. :D

That gif (and a game that has given us a half dozen simply amazing ones already, THAT GIF can only refer to the one above) is stunning. The most cinematic and exciting snippet of gameplay I have ever seen, just phenomenal. And it's a mere handful of seconds with no audio. :-0

dejay

Banned
Teknoman said:
Not to add fuel to the fire, but the Dual Shock 3's triggers are nice.

They're ok, but I prefer the greater range and concavity of the 360 controller's triggers.

AgentOtaku said:
I had a DSIII and actually prefered the triggers on the SIXAXIS ....yeah I'm weird =/

...one more thing...

is it known whether or not we can map Brake/Gas back to X/A button ???

I got a sixaxis, but I've never spent more than two minutes with it since I got a DS3 at the same time as the system.

Anyway, I believe there is an option for classic controls for the oldschool face-button crowd - at least that was reported a month or so ago. Anyone with the game confirm?

dedhead54

dejay said:
Anyway, I believe there is an option for classic controls for the oldschool face-button crowd - at least that was reported a month or so ago. Anyone with the game confirm?

I think I read on here earlier where someone with the game said there is a default layout and the classic layout as your two controller settings.

dejay

Banned
lawblob said:
Saints Row 2 is shitting itself right now; GTA4 owns 08'

Yeah, I was a little excited for SR2 a month or so ago, but after seeing their last trailer and seeing the shit coming through for IV, I sadly doubt SR2 will be anything other than a let down for me.

I hope the DLC will include a ripoff of Saints Rows' insurance fraud. You could hold down a button and the body would go limp and then try to sort itself out when you release the button. It'd surely be marvelous.

verio

After seeing some of these amazing scenes... it makes me wish GTA4 had a similar feature to Halo 3 with recording and uploading video clips.

verio said:
After seeing some of these amazing scenes... it makes me wish GTA4 had a similar feature to Halo 3 with recording and uploading video clips.

We can only hope it'll arrive later in DLC (I'll definitely pay for it).

dedhead54

verio said:

I was kind kind of surprised this feature wasn't included. The Euphoria engine is going to generate so much hilarity that people will want to share with the world.

Top Bottom