• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

CaptYamato said:
Mine shipped this morning.

Edit: I'm half asleep and on my phone but somebody did not know there is no gravity in space?

Jesus :lol I was just talking about in terms of weighing in space.

X-Frame asked if there was some anti-grav thing in the cockpit, and I said that'd be redundant since they're weightless in space. I didn't mean there's literally no gravity in space, just not in the sense he was talking about.

Blader5489 said:
Jesus :lol I was just talking about in terms of weighing in space.

X-Frame asked if there was some anti-grav thing in the cockpit, and I said that'd be redundant since they're weightless in space. I didn't mean there's literally no gravity in space, just not in the sense he was talking about.
Oh, don't worry as you can see we both were misunderstood.

Just to specify, I was saying space it self has no gravity, not that there isn't any out there. I am well aware of the influencing factors that contribute to it being everywhere.

Totakeke

CaptYamato said:
Oh, don't worry as you can see we both were misunderstood.

Just to specify, I was saying space it self has no gravity, not that there isn't any out there. I am well aware of the influencing factors that contribute to it being everywhere.

There is gravity in space. You do not use terms like mass, gravity, and weight interchangeably. Mass is mass. Gravity is gravity. Weight is mass times gravity. Unless an object has no mass, then it would have weight since gravity is pretty much everywhere. Just because you feel weightless does not mean you're under no gravity, you could be under free fall which means there is gravity. Your definition of "no gravity space" makes zero sense. How do you define a place where it is outside the orbit of planets that there is no gravity? So the areas between the moon and the earth is not space since it's an orbit? How about between pluto and the sun? Is that not space either since there's gravity? So there is no space in the galaxy?

So... no one else saw the OG Gundam in the Toys R Us commercial? The wife confirmed I was not in fact going crazy.

The heated physics discussion in a thread about Japanese animated robots is kinda creeping me out.

Totakeke said:
It's just basic physics. And people on the internet is wrong kinda thing. ;p
I've already said that you missed what I was saying. Space itself has no mass and it is empty. Yet, there are influencing factors that cause gravity to be everywhere.

Anyways, going to watch episode 2 after my son crashes tonight.

Shouta

Jexhius said:
...and that's why it's really hard to hit people with beam weaponry?

I always assumed it was because the mass production mobile suits all used the Virtual Boy as the targeting viewer.

I just checked the status of my copy of Unicorn vol. 2 and it's already been delivered to my house this morning. Definitely watching it tonight when I get home from work.

distantmantra said:
I just checked the status of my copy of Unicorn vol. 2 and it's already been delivered to my house this morning. Definitely watching it tonight when I get home from work.
When was it shipped?

vdi7lt.jpg

Gonna rewatch episode 1 and then jump into episode 2.

Blader

S. L. said:
nice, a new Rick Dom variation

how sad is that i can name pretty much every UC mobile suite instantly

What's sad is that you don't know it's *not* a new variation :lol :p

I forget the name, but it's from ZZ Gundam.

S. L.

Blader5489 said:
What's sad is that you don't know it's *not* a new variation :lol :p

I forget the name, but it's from ZZ Gundam.
you mean it is the Dowadge (Dowange spelling???) ? Which is a variation/evolution of the Dom.
The one in the trailer is "sleeved" - so it's a new variation :p

edit: it looks nothing like a "sleeved up" Dowadge. it's a legit variation i say!

Snaku

Banned
Kagari said:
I really do want to buy Unicorn 1-2 but the price is keeping me away :(

Yeah, I got Unicorn 1 off Amazon when the pre-order was $30. But $40 for UC 2? Having a hard time pulling the trigger on that.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
X-Frame said:
What's the significance of Banagher's flashbacks with that device on his eye?

I'm pretty sure that hasn't been revealed yet.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Snaku said:
Yeah, I got Unicorn 1 off Amazon when the pre-order was $30. But $40 for UC 2? Having a hard time pulling the trigger on that.

*grumble grumble* Bandai needs to let other retailers sell it :(

zhenming said:
so do we even know if that "dude" is even char? lol

In the books
it's not Char, just a cyber newtype who has been genetically modified with Char's memories from the Sazabi's recovered psychoframe
but the producers of the anime have made some comments that suggest they may change things up a bit.

glaurung

So I want to order the blu-ray of Gundam Unicorn Episode 2 to Europe.

Amazon.com cannot help me, because the Bandai store does not send to Europe (I ordered the first episode blu-ray from amazon.com and that worked, but the indirect seller does not).

So I have decided in favor of Play-Asia and the Japanese special edition of the second episode blu-ray.

Just one question: is the Japanese release of Gundam Unicorn EP2 blu-ray region free?

glaurung said:
So I want to order the blu-ray of Gundam Unicorn Episode 2 to Europe.

Amazon.com cannot help me, because the Bandai store does not send to Europe (I ordered the first episode blu-ray from amazon.com and that worked, but the indirect seller does not).

So I have decided in favor of Play-Asia and the Japanese special edition of the second episode blu-ray.

Just one question: is the Japanese release of Gundam Unicorn EP2 blu-ray region free?

It's the same disc, just different cover art.

Blackheim

X-Frame said:
Is Volume 2's OST out yet?

I don't think they are releasing one for volume 2. I certainly could be wrong but, searching (for English results) for one doesn't turn up anything.

I should hopefully have my volume 2 today or tomorrow. I ordered the JP version as I did for the first.

zoku88

Doesn't volume 2 mostly have music from the OST anyway? I don't recall anything standing out as different, except for a different version of "Start up" (or wtv that song was called.)

X-Frame

Blackheim said:
I don't think they are releasing one for volume 2. I certainly could be wrong but, searching (for English results) for one doesn't turn up anything.

I should hopefully have my volume 2 today or tomorrow. I ordered the JP version as I did for the first.

Well, which is the song that plays when Unicorn first takes off from the ship to go up against Full Frontal?

EDIT: Think I found it .. "RX-O"?

Blackheim

Hoho, I just got home and my Vol. 2 did arrive. Probably won't get to watch it until Friday though, too late tonight and working long hours the next two days :(

glaurung

distantmantra said:
It's the same disc, just different cover art.
But this does not answer my question.

Even if the Japanese and American blu-ray releases have the exact same discs inside the boxes, are those discs region free or not? I am importing it into EU, and my PS3 cannot read region A discs.

Play-Asia lists the blu-ray as region A and that handy bluraylies.inc page does not list the new Unicorn blu-ray yet. I do not want a fancy box that I will use solely as a paper weight.

Blader

X-Frame said:
So the Gundam 00 movie won't be out until later December?

December 25th

Which is a pretty good turnaround, when you consider stuff like the Eva movies or Ghibli films take a year in going from theaters to dvd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom