• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GONz

Finally watched CCA, UC1 and UC2 this afternoon.

While on one hand I found CCA Ok but not that great, UC1 and 2 on the other hand... sogood.gif (I particularly like the sexiness of the sounds like of course the Beam Magnum of the Unicorn, but also the sound of its thrusters in Destroy mode, and the metal under stress when the Sinanju rebounds on the asteroids).

Moar please

thetechkid

Kagari said:
Yes but this one has
lol aliens and they kill the best character in 00, Graham Aker...
So stupid.

Well to be fair
Graham Aker went from being a good character to being 'that guy in the series with a mask,' and he didn't even do much to prove he was good. He stood around most of the time saying how they ruined his life or something dumb like that. Aliens however can't be defended. That is possible the worst idea ever for a gundam series. Well everything after Season 1 was dumb so it could be expected the movie would suck just as much.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
thetechkid said:
Well to be fair
Graham Aker went from being a good character to being 'that guy in the series with a mask,' and he didn't even do much to prove he was good. He stood around most of the time saying how they ruined his life or something dumb like that. Aliens however can't be defended. That is possible the worst idea ever for a gundam series. Well everything after Season 1 was dumb so it could be expected the movie would suck just as much.

:(

This trend of every character I end up liking getting screwed is irritating.

Is the Gundam 00 movie going to get a Blu ray release? I really dislike 00, but I still want to see it.

Edit-Oh you guys are talking about the Japanese release. I guess I'll just wait then.

Seeing how this is all things Gundam here, Vicious Project (vpmodel.com) has officially closed and is clearing out their stock.

Using google translate, it seems there was a disagreement between two sculptors and resulted in 'smashed molds'. Eric and LSopp (2 of my favorites) will no longer be sculpting, but the other two I believe are going to open up their own shop.

So sad... :/

Some conversion kits they've made:

3F90.jpg

3.jpg

Blader5489 said:
Kunio Okawara hinted on his twitter that the next Gundam series will be announced in March.
Oh boy, time to see which competent director and writer they get this time, only for Sunrise to botch it up.

beat

Blader5489 said:
Kunio Okawara hinted on his twitter that the next Gundam series will be announced in March.
And is he doing mech design? Because honestly, I don't love Okawara's raw designs that much.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Blader5489 said:
I'm excited, I'm always up for more gundam, no matter how bad it is see 00 S2.:lol

beat said:
And is he doing mech design? Because honestly, I don't love Okawara's raw designs that much.

Yea hope hes not the mech designer this time around, but if it's on his twitter I would assume that hes involved... :(

Blader

Blader5489 said:

I shouldn't have said "series" because he just said it would be a Gundam announcement, which doesn't necessarily mean it's a series.

But he did write this follow-up tweet:

“I’m sorry. I can’t talk about it but… Universal Century, perhaps?"

Blader5489 said:
I shouldn't have said "series" because he just said it would be a Gundam announcement, which doesn't necessarily mean it's a series.

But he did write this follow-up tweet:

More Universal Century is good, as long as we stay clear of the One Year War. It's definitely nice to see UC getting so much love lately.

I honestly don't see the point of making it a UC series. If it's a tv show I doubt its going to try and follow UC rules. Gundam 00 was set in our universe and even then it was crazy. I just don't trust Sunrise or anything Gundam these days.

Blader

Rahxephon91 said:
I honestly don't see the point of making it a UC series. If it's a tv show I doubt its going to try and follow UC rules. Gundam 00 was set in our universe and even then it was crazy. I just don't trust Sunrise or anything Gundam these days.

There's never been a shortage of crazy in UC.

(well, mostly.)

Welp, I finally finished my latest model. It's the 1/100 scale G-System The-O. It's a resin model, and boy was it fun to build! Check out more pics at my blog (linked to here).

Click here to see more pics at my blog

I would love feedback! You can comment here, but I really would like feedback! Good, bad, or otherwise.

I'm also constructing a 'how-to' for building resin garage kits.

zoku88

Major Williams said:
I'm also constructing a 'how-to' for building resin garage kits.
I'll be looking forward to this. Building resin kits seems really hard for someone as handily challenged as I >_<

And The O is awesome. Two and a half months.... how many parts?

MechaX

I can see SEED, but SEED D was an absolute abomination that somehow managed to retroactively make Gundam Wing look awesome in comparison (remember earlier in the decade where Gundam Wing was pretty much regarded as the series' low point?). 00 Season 2 was a spit in the face in almost every sense of the word, but I cannot hate it as much as I loathe SEED D. And for the 00 Movie to switch my stance, it would have to be bad on a cosmic, singularity-inducing scale.

As for the new series, I'm up for something new UC. Hopefully something that takes place after Victory please and not something sandwiched between a random couple of series. I would say do Gaia Gear, but the entire "Possibly Char, Possibly Fake Char" angle is already being done in Unicorn at the moment.

Dead said:
Seed D was comically bad

00 was depressingly bad

I dunno, 00 wasn't all bad. The first half of the first season might have been slow, albeit inoffensive, the second half of season one was actually pretty good. The first couple episodes of season 2 had a good start, then it just descended into "what the christ" levels of stupidity and never really recovered from the nose-dive even despite an unexpectedly decent final episode.

From what I've heard of the movie... uh... Well, it can't be as bad as Macross Frontier!

zoku88

Jexhius said:
So, why'd the never mass produce the Big-Zam?
Cuz Big Zam is Big. Too expensive to mass produce >.>

Plus, by that time of the way, even if the pilots had awesome mobile armors/suits, they were just too fresh to be experienced enough to be of any use in those armors.

First season of 00 starts off pretty meh ,but as it go as a long so many interesting mysteries are brought up. See I find most Gundam shows to be straight forward. 00 had a lot of subplots that could have been awesome. It was a bit like lost honestly. The thing is season 2's answers to these subplots to me was pretty bad and pretty much killed the show.

Compared to Seed Destiny, while I really dislike where the plot went, I can still enjoy what came before as the first half of Destiny is pretty good.

Season 1 of 00 was excellent, season 2... starts good but goes downhill big time to comical bad at the end.

Still all around better than Seed D

zoku88 said:
I'll be looking forward to this. Building resin kits seems really hard for someone as handily challenged as I >_<

And The O is awesome. Two and a half months.... how many parts?
Yeah! I'll let you know haha.

The-O was around 150 pieces I believe. Probably more and I wouldn't be surprised.

Xater said:
I finally dived into my Unicorn:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_ZsR3j-6Xnxk/TRCjAMu_rlI/AAAAAAAAACQ/QetgmgWAhDM/s640/unicorn2.jpg[/I
[IMG]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_ZsR3j-6Xnxk/TRCiaPshnKI/AAAAAAAAACA/g9I2yVjNmN8/s640/unicorn1.jpg[/I[/QUOTE]
Nice display stand! You have some nubs I see! You should slice those bad boys off! Looks great though. Are you going to panel line it or give it some decal love?

Blader

BattleMonkey said:
Season 1 of 00 was excellent, season 2... starts good but goes downhill big time to comical bad at the end.

Still all around better than Seed D

I think the first half of S1 is the worst part of the whole show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom