• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
UC%20Gundam%2002.jpg

Pretty good, I'd say it was as good as episode 1 anyway.

Atenhaus

Totakeke said:
Feels forever since there has been an anime with music as good as this ;(

Unicorn's laser rifle sound is so ridiculously good ;(

Agreed. The music is top-notch. Hell, everything about Unicorn is top-notch.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Enjoying this a lot so far. The wait between episodes sucks hard though. =(

X-Frame

Nevermind -just watched it. Very cool!

I wish I knew more about the UC timeline though .. I'm ashamed to admit I was introduced to Gundam via Gundam Wing, and all the subsequent series like Seed, 00, etc.

I never was able to watch the UC series and I feel left out .. but so far Unicorn has the best story and unbelievably awesome fight scenes.

GONz

X-Frame said:
Nevermind -just watched it. Very cool!

I wish I knew more about the UC timeline though .. I'm ashamed to admit I was introduced to Gundam via Gundam Wing, and all the subsequent series like Seed, 00, etc.

I never was able to watch the UC series and I feel left out .. but so far Unicorn has the best story and unbelievably awesome fight scenes.
I was the same (been introduced to Gundam by SEED, then 00), but finally found the time to watch 0079, Zeta, 0083, 8th MS Team, War in the pocket and ZZ this year :D I'm taking a short break right now before chaining CCA, UC1 and UC2.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Rented UC2 offa the PSN the other day an it was all done downloading today so I gave it a watch an thought it was pretty great! Nice battles, dat reload animation, talky-talky, and all the rest! Audrey just wants to be put out of her misery doesn't she ;_;?

Sucks they're cheaping out with Turn A cause it means other series'll be sub-only like ZZ if they get around to it. No dub no sale!

Blackheim

Ugh, it's still going to be about 3 weeks until I get to see UC 2. I've been trying to avoid spoilers and stuff plus I didn't even watch any of the promo videos for it yet. I want to go in fresh!

Lindsay said:
Rented UC2 offa the PSN the other day an it was all done downloading today so I gave it a watch an thought it was pretty great! Nice battles, dat reload animation, talky-talky, and all the rest! Audrey just wants to be put out of her misery doesn't she ;_;?

Sucks they're cheaping out with Turn A cause it means other series'll be sub-only like ZZ if they get around to it. No dub no sale!

It's sub only, or nothing at all. They aren't going to waste money on extra stuff when it's going to sell poorly anyways.

X-Frame

Can someone help me understand some of the UC Gundam tech found in Unicorn?

1. In this episode right before Kshatriya withdraws from fighting Unicorn at the beginning it fires some chest-sphere energy ball thing. What weapon was that? According to Gundam Wiki, it has 12 Mega Particle Cannons .. is that what this was? A focused attacked of all the 12 MPC's?

2. What encompasses Banagher when NT-D mode is unlocked when fighting Full Frontal? It looked like some anti-grav field or something?

3. Why didn't the NT-D system automatically engage as soon as Unicorn launched to fight Full Frontal? I thought it does it automatically when going up against a Newtype (assuming FF is a Newtype here).

4. Why couldn't Unicorn in Destroy Mode automatically take control of Kshatriya's funnels .. I thought that was one of Unicorns abilities? Is it because Banagher is still a novice and doesn't know how to do that? But that didn't seem to be the case when Unicorn first deflected all of Kshatriya's funnels at the end of Episode 1.

5. The I-Field in the shield basically can deflect all beam weaponry? There's no limiter or anything?

Blader

X-Frame said:
1. In this episode right before Kshatriya withdraws from fighting Unicorn at the beginning it fires some chest-sphere energy ball thing. What weapon was that? According to Gundam Wiki, it has 12 Mega Particle Cannons .. is that what this was? A focused attacked of all the 12 MPC's?

I think so.

2. What encompasses Banagher when NT-D mode is unlocked when fighting Full Frontal? It looked like some anti-grav field or something?

It just looked like a new cockpit interface to me. The suit is supposed to protect Banagher's body from G-forces.

(also, they're in space...there is no gravity :p)

3. Why didn't the NT-D system automatically engage as soon as Unicorn launched to fight Full Frontal? I thought it does it automatically when going up against a Newtype (assuming FF is a Newtype here).

4. Why couldn't Unicorn in Destroy Mode automatically take control of Kshatriya's funnels .. I thought that was one of Unicorns abilities? Is it because Banagher is still a novice and doesn't know how to do that? But that didn't seem to be the case when Unicorn first deflected all of Kshatriya's funnels at the end of Episode 1.

I'm going to assume both of these have to do with the pilot, and aren't things the Unicorn can automatically do on its own, but I don't know for sure.

5. The I-Field in the shield basically can deflect all beam weaponry? There's no limiter or anything?

It protects against beam weapons, but not physical attacks.

S. L.

Blader5489 said:
IIt just looked like a new cockpit interface to me. The suit is supposed to protect Banagher's body from G-forces.

(also, they're in space...there is no gravity :p)
this is news to me

also acceleration / change of direction would still put forces on the body

54-46! said:
My first (kinda) Gundam purchase, wich Gundam Fix should I get?

http://imgur.com/Ni1yc.jpg[IMG]

or

[IMG]http://imgur.com/3sp64.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
RX78 of course!

Has anyone else seen the Toys R Us ads that have been running on American TV the last week or so? They feature Geoffrey and Santa driving around a bunch of toys in a dune buggy. The campaign focuses on Toy Story, Barbie, etc., but strangely enough, the RX-78 Gundam makes an appearance in at least two of the ads. It seems really strange to me that a Gundam would be in a commercial targeting American children. Are they airing the same commercial in Japan for Toys R Us or something?

distantmantra said:
Mine also shipped on Friday. Should be in Seattle Monday or Tuesday.
Mine shipped this morning.

Edit: I'm half asleep and on my phone but somebody did not know there is no gravity in space?

S. L.

what the heck is wrong with you. how do you think the moon is held in orbit around earth, or the earth around the sun

S. L. said:
what the heck is wrong with you. how do you think the moon is held in orbit around earth, or the earth around the sun
Because they are both in an orbit. Still doesn't mean there is gravity in SPACE.

Totakeke

CaptYamato said:
Because they are both in an orbit. Still doesn't mean there is gravity in SPACE.

:lol :lol :lol

You do understand that they're in orbit because of gravitational forces right? Think about it, is there a specific boundary where earth's gravity suddenly disappears as you travel into space?

Totakeke said:
:lol :lol :lol

You do understand that they're in orbit because of gravitational forces right? Think about it, is there a specific boundary where earth's gravity suddenly disappears as you travel into space?
And you're missing the part where I said in space. I understand what you're saying, it's true but in the emptiness of space there is no mass. I'm talking actually space, not planets, not stars or the areas that they orbit.

Edit: Here is how one of my astronomy teachers taught it: In actual space there is nothing, but there is gravity everywhere. Then he went on a rant about how everything gives off an gravitational pull. Yet, if there was only space there would be none because of the lack of mass. I think you guys misunderstood what I was getting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom