• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

donkey show said:
True considering Relena's "position of power," but Eyebrows (Dorothy)?

Wasn't she the Romefeller chief's granddaughter?

Anyway.

Some new information on the just-a-month-away second episode of Gundam Unicorn, from Newtype magazine.

-Episode 2 is "plenty more" than the previous episode.
-The Unicorn vs. Kshatriya and Sinanju battle took a lot of work, and many cuts.
-The Sinanju's design is very hard to animate because of all the details, but they've tried to find the perfect balance between simplifying the design and retaining the suit's distinctive design.
-The 'lowest' points of Episode 2 are better than the 'highest' points of Episode 1.
-It was difficult to visually depict the Sinanju's speed as three times that of a normal suit, Kosugi said, because he was already 'overwhelmed by the speed of the Geara Zulu.' To better illustrate the Sinanju's speed, they are incorporating some never-before-seen animation techniques. The Sinanju moves very fast, in a 'wild' manner. "In terms of visual quality," Kosugi said. "It should look much better than the PV version." (Which you can view here).
-The animation effect for the Beam Magnum is especially nice. You will be impressed when you see it. "I was certainly surprised."
-Both Daguza (and the captain of the Nahel Argama, Otto) will play a prominent roles in the story.
-Most of Episode 2 will focus on the Full Frontal. Is the masked man really Char Aznable?
-The identity of Full Frontal is unknown, but the staff are working with him as if he were really Char--half of which, Kosugi says, is the result of Ikeda Shuichi's voice. Kosugi wants the audience to ask themselves if Full Frontal is a fake Char, or if, surprisingly, he is authentic.
-The Full Frontal in the OVA is not the same as the Full Frontal from the novels.
-Full Frontal and Banagher are "arch rivals."
-Bright Noa will appear in OVA Episode 4.

I'd post the source, but the link contains a pretty blatant ending spoiler.

Blader5489 said:
-The Full Frontal in the OVA is not the same as the Full Frontal from the novels.

Wait a second, are they diverging from the whole plot point from the novels that
FF is an artificial Newtype with Char's memories?

-Bright Noa will appear in OVA Episode 4.

Who's gonna voice him?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Wait a second, are they diverging from the whole plot point from the novels
Makes sense i think. They are 10 novels and only 6 OVAs planned. If they aren't planning anymore OVAs after that. We'd haft to assume they are changing the plot a bit.

Blader5489 said:
Wasn't she the Romefeller chief's granddaughter?
She was, but she was just a warmonger.

Here's something interesting I saw:

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/09/linkin-park-limited-gunpla-music-cd.html

Linkin Park will perform "The Catalyst", the theme song for the upcoming "Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs." game. The first single CD will be released today (September 15th).

However, the complete album, "A Thousand Suns", which feature this song will come with HGUC Gundam GP01Fb in Linkin Park customized color. The box art of this special set is shown in the first image above. This special CD and Gunpla box set will be released on November 24th.

4991856083_074b7d992a.jpg

4992462114_8d488a8955.jpg

I know they're Gundam fans, but really? That's a terrible color scheme. :lol

B.K.

Kagari said:
OMG yes! Will buy for sure.

Me too, even though I found nine of the DVDs a few weeks ago. The article said they're releasing the series in two Anime Legends sets next year. I hope they get them both out fairly early in the year.

They've also decided to release Gundam UC on DVD, eventually. Each DVD will have two episodes.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
They will not be dubbing Turn A Gundam at this time.
Sucks. Since a dub for Turn A Gundam would compliment it well - considering it's setting is fairly western.

Oh yes - i'm hoping that re-released mobile suit gundam box-set and turn a comes here in R4. Since we recently got 0083 stardust memories, and we are getting the zeta box-sets in november.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
B.K. said:
Me too, even though I found nine of the DVDs a few weeks ago. The article said they're releasing the series in two Anime Legends sets next year. I hope they get them both out fairly early in the year.

They've also decided to release Gundam UC on DVD, eventually. Each DVD will have two episodes.

*grumble grumble* I hate the Anime Legends packaging though ><

Ah well.

B.K.

I was just thinking about the new Mobile Suit Gundam release. I wonder if Bandai will take the time and go back and really sub the series or if they'll just dubtitle it.

B.K.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I read at the Toonzone forums that the new release of Mobile Suit Gundam is going to include the missing 15th episode that Tomino asked Bandai to exclude last time.

JacobYBM: @bandaient Yo, will the complete collections of Mobile Suit Gundam come with the original episode 15 not released in the US before?

purplehrdwonder: @JacobYBM That was asked at the con and they said yes

JacobYBM: @purplehrdwonder So then we ARE getting all 43, just with only 42 of them dubbed?

B.K. said:
Rightstuf is already shipping? I need to go place an order!

No, read my post again. They're notorious for shipping stuff out early. They're not shipping this out yet, I'm just hoping they will.

The picture I posted is from Bandai's Facebook feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom