• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

So it is an MBS show. Dueling Gundam series this Fall...

They're definitely not competing at all if it's on Animeism. Gundam Build Fighters is an early evening show on Mondays, while G-Reco will air at like 2am on Thursday nights. It's interesting because I think it also shows that Sunrise isn't expecting good TV ratings anymore until the next "real" Gundam TV series.

They'll be targeting gunpla sales for Build Fighters, and BD/DVD sales for G-Reco from the looks of things. The early theatrical event screenings for G-Reco episodes also indicates they want to to find alternative means to recover their investment.

It seems like G-Reco will be another Turn A experiment for Bandai. Though as mentioned, Build Fighters will be making all the money for them. I'm just hoping Tomino's writing is Turn A levels and we don't get another Wings Of Rean. I'd be fine with Overman King Gundam.

Also, I'm surprised G-Reco is going full SEED with the backpacks. I suppose Victory started it (not counting Vifam), but the implementation looks more Strike Gundam than V2 Assault Buster. I will probably buy some of those HGRC kits, though I hope they don't do some HG Impulse Gundam bullshit with the different versions.

54-46!

New G-Reco details

meca1.png

meca2.png

meca3.png

meca4.png

First and last MS look pretty good, the middle two.. I don't know.

Beth Cyra

They had a Wing Gundam mug? Officallly? If so I'm gunna be so pissed i missed it.

On another Note I'm surprised no one has mentioned Metal Build Exia Avalanche has been announced. Given the nets hard on for Exia I figured it would be the first thing.

NEO0MJ

Why are people excited for Premium Bandai kits that will cost a million bucks to get?

Which one do you mean?

They had a Wing Gundam mug? Officallly? If so I'm gunna be so pissed i missed it.

on another Note in surprised no one has mentioned Metal Build Exia Avalanche has been announced. Given the nets hard on for Exia I figured it would be the first thing.

The only person with a hard-on for Exia here is Duckroll, and he was turned off from the Exia after the RG kit.

Welp, I finished building the Build Strike MG. The booster is for tonight. lol

Some opinions:
- I'm still not sure whether to go full HG or full MG.
- Build Strike feels SOLID AS FUCK. Wow. It's so damn cool. The skirts suck, tho.
- The small details in some of the pieces are great! It feels like the exact build from the show. (Except it's an HG there.)
- The panel lining is going to be my fave part. This is what I trained for. lol
- Applying the stickers was easy compared to the HG sets. That was nice.
- The back turbines are loose and it upsets me.
- So. Many. Parts.

ARGH, I knew it! Just saw that there's a 'new' Fix Figuration Metal Composite of the Unicorn coming, too. The awakened version (just means they're changing the psyco frame color from red to blue and selling it as a new figure).

I am sorely tempted to get the Avalanche, but I already own it in Robot Damashii form so I'll have to be satisfied with that - besides, the Metal Build will probably cost around $200... :(

So the first 3 episodes of Gundam: Reconquista of G are going to air in theaters at the end of August? And then will air in October?

Can't wait. I'm pretty excited for it. Two Gundam shows airing at once, and then a bad ass OVA beginning in 2015? We're in for a treat. So much Gundam to talk about.

Beth Cyra

I know I'm a rarity on Gaf because of my Tomino classics dislike but I'm really fearful when it comes to G Reko.

the fact is this is alot of Gundam in a very small window and Bandai has experienced Gundam burnout because how they handled the late 90's.

There is nothing about G Reko that has success written on it. The time slot is a complete mismatch for its audience and Bandai is going to be hard pressed to make up Blu/Dvd sales when its a more kid targeted show that isn't meant for real UC fans.

I don't want anything to fail but I just have a very hard time believing Reko does that well, by that I mean Wing/G/OO let alone UC or SEED lvls.

I know I'm a rarity on Gaf because of my Tomino classics dislike but I'm really fearful when it comes to G Reko.

the fact is this is alot of Gundam in a very small window and Bandai has experienced Gundam burnout because how they handled the late 90's.

There is nothing about G Reko that has success written on it. The time slot is a complete mismatch for its audience and Bandai is going to be hard pressed to make up Blu/Dvd sales when its a more kid targeted show that isn't meant for real UC fans.

I don't want anything to fail but I just have a very hard time believing Reko does that well, by that I mean Wing/G/OO let alone UC or SEED lvls.
I'm pretty sure Reco is Bandai letting Tomino do whatever he wants because they have GBF S2 running concurrently. And I think Tomino changed G-Reco to be aimed older.

Beth Cyra

I'm pretty sure Reco is Bandai letting Tomino do whatever he wants because they have GBF S2 running concurrently. And I think Tomino changed G-Reco to be aimed older.

There is nothing to believe that Tomino has shifted focus on G Reko.

His comments that the show isn't aimed at Hardcore UC fans is only a few months old, and Build Season 2 has been in production for much longer then two months, so he would've known about B2 when he said that.

Beyond that, just look at Tomino's at most well known recent work, Overman King Gainer, G Reko fits right with that style of show given what Tomino has said.

Even if you are right that he suddenly jacked up the content to be for a more mature audience (which again is INCREDIBLY unlikely) the time slot still makes ZERO sense. There is no way this is a show that is so hardcore a 2 Am timeslot makes sense.

Beth Cyra

ARGH, I knew it! Just saw that there's a 'new' Fix Figuration Metal Composite of the Unicorn coming, too. The awakened version (just means they're changing the psyco frame color from red to blue and selling it as a new figure).

I am sorely tempted to get the Avalanche, but I already own it in Robot Damashii form so I'll have to be satisfied with that - besides, the Metal Build will probably cost around $200... :(
Avalance weirdly will likely be the only Metal Build from OO that I end up getting.

I have Exia/Repair MG, Exia Trans Am RG and so I will get the last type of Exia (I don't really count Astrea) in Metal Build.

Avalance weirdly will likely be the only Metal Build from OO that I end up getting.

I have Exia/Repair MG, Exia Trans Am RG and so I will get the last type of Exia (I don't really count Astrea) in Metal Build.

If this were Astrea (with the red paint job/disguised head when it was 'camouflaged'), I would probably be much more compelled to pull the trigger...I'm really tempted, but I'll abstain. Two Metal Build Exias is enough.

Maybe after this they'll do a Metal Build Quanta. THAT I would buy, no hesitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom