• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word. It is rather interesting gen 2 is gonna end soon, but the way the story has been heading is crashing into a conclusion at a really quick pace with all the death flags and everything. Been really enjoying it a lot lately thanks to the darker overtones in dealing with war and seeing Flit manage things with his son and whatnot. It's also been cool seeing Asem launching with Double Bullet out the get go considering it's sooooooo much better than AGE-2 Normal. Hopefully his whole "Super Pilot" swag is just him being beast versus something along the lines being a pseudo X-Rounder.

As for Gen 3
old man Flit looks boss.

I could never get into the Age 2, they never really gave it any sort of epic moments or cool poses like they did with the first Gundam. This came close
gundam_age_ii_slash_by_tristtrist-d4taelh.gif

But nothing ever compared it to being at this level of cool

JCX

Finished building Sandrock last week. I forgot how fun it is to build models. I might do the other four from Endless Waltz soon.

Ooh, do you have any pics? Sandrock wasn't originally one of my favorite suits, but it's definite contender for "most improved" after the Katoki EW redesign.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I could never get into the Age 2, they never really gave it any sort of epic moments or cool poses like they did with the first Gundam. This came close
gundam_age_ii_slash_by_tristtrist-d4taelh.gif

But nothing ever compared it to being at this level of cool

Wut. I thought a lot of the double bullet moments were pretty awesome. It's got the whole wings of light thing going on.

xpi4V.jpg

LBQlw.jpg

Though it looks pretty sad in model form lol:
mjXop.jpg

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I think that was his point though: that Double Bullet has already done cooler shit than normal AGE-2.

Ah, I think AGE-2 just refers to the gundam itself, with the different packs being called AGE-2 Normal and AGE-2 Double Bullet. That's what caused the confusion.

NEO0MJ

If we got a MG Perfect Zeong, I think anything is possible!

I'd so day one a MG Kshatriya <3

Ehhh, P Zeong already had a base(or is a more appropriate term ceiling?) to work from thanks to the old MG, so it was probably cheap to make. Plus don't forget the horrible exchange rate/price increase o the last few years.

Gundam Age 26

Well if I was in the EFF and I had to pilot an Adele I or II, or a Genoace II, I would quit, such pointless suits. Otherwise pretty epic episode really.
Would have rather had another Flit Desil showdown. But Asemu taking down Desil, though depressing cause Desil was my favorite of the Vegans next to Zehearto, was pretty epic. I wish the Double Bullet could have done it a bit more stylishly. So many emotions with Woolf's passing. ugh. The photo ring thing was epic, but was it just fired from Diva, cool to make diva useful.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I really want to grab that MG Zeong. Shipping from HLJ is just too much to swallow though. Bah.

I am wrecking these Hobby Lobby 40% coupons right now, haha. I bought my airbrush, hose, and now my easy release attachment all for below Amazon prices. I need to buy a new self-healing mat and some new glue, and that should wrap me up. Still need an air compressor, but I'll hit up some Lowe's for that one. :p

Mrcapcom

Wut. I thought a lot of the double bullet moments were pretty awesome. It's got the whole wings of light thing going on.

xpi4V.jpg

LBQlw.jpg

Though it looks pretty sad in model form lol:
mjXop.jpg

LMBO my thoughts exactly when I first saw the Kit I was like stupid design but ill hold off judging as soon as I see it in action. And yes Double Bullet is super awesome in the anime the kit :facepalm:
Maybe if they made a MG version and make the beams look less umm whats the word im looking for?

LMBO my thoughts exactly when I first saw the Kit I was like stupid design but ill hold off judging as soon as I see it in action. And yes Double Bullet is super awesome in the anime the kit :facepalm:
Maybe if they made a MG version and make the beams look less umm whats the word im looking for?

Make them look less like twizzlers.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I was wondering if it was going to be released here or not. $128 is ridiculous though. If the price doesn't change in a week or so I'll preorder it for $60 from AmiAmi.

Jubern

The episode summary is kind of a WTF, I'm pretty sure it didn't happen like that *at all* in the novel... Still, I guess it a lesser offense compared to last episode butchery of the source material.

Please let this be better than episode 4.

The episode summary is kind of a WTF, I'm pretty sure it didn't happen like that *at all* in the novel... Still, I guess it a lesser offense compared to last episode butchery of the source material.

Please let this be better than episode 4.

They've been veering off course from the novel for a while now.

Tookay

I thought Episode 4 was the weakest part of the OVA so far and it made question the direction of the series, especially after Episode 3, which was the best. It spent a lot of time treading water and didn't develop the narrative much. In a 50-episode series, this would have been acceptable, but when we're dealing with 1/6 of a story that takes forever to come out, it stings a little bit.

Also, maybe this was an issue with expectations versus reality, but after all the great fights in this series so far, the Unicorn/Shamblo stand off was sort of disappointing.

Also, maybe this was an issue with expectations versus reality, but after all the great fights in this series so far, the Unicorn/Shamblo stand off was sort of disappointing.
Eh, it's not like we didn't get an absolutely terrific battle between the Zeon remnants and the Federation forces to make up for it.

Tookay

Eh, it's not like we didn't get an absolutely terrific battle between the Zeon remnants and the Federation forces to make up for it.

Yeah that part was admittedly sweet. I just didn't like how the protagonist of the series literally sat around doing nothing for most of the episode... and right when you think he's got his shit together, proceeded to sort of do nothing for the final battle.

The way I heard it play out in the novel sounded better.

Blader

Loni's character was much better in the novel than the OVA, but I preferred the OVA's ending to the novel's.
Riddhe killing Loni instead of Banagher adds something substantial to their eventual falling out.

I thought Episode 4 was the weakest part of the OVA so far and it made question the direction of the series, especially after Episode 3, which was the best. It spent a lot of time treading water and didn't develop the narrative much. In a 50-episode series, this would have been acceptable, but when we're dealing with 1/6 of a story that takes forever to come out, it stings a little bit.

I thought the problem was just the opposite: it moved TOO quickly, and crammed too much narrative into too little time.

Yeah that part was admittedly sweet. I just didn't like how the protagonist of the series literally sat around doing nothing for most of the episode... and right when you think he's got his shit together, proceeded to sort of do nothing for the final battle.

The way I heard it play out in the novel sounded better.
Banagher did get his shit together. Unlike every other UC protagonist he decided to not become a tool of war and start killing everyone else just to survive.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I'm liking the cover. Wow at it being half price on Amazon JP. Looks like importing will be cheaper for once...

I'm still incredibly salty about Bandai canning the North American Turn A DVDs. My Xbox1 and PC can play Japanese DVDs, so I guess I'll have to track those down instead.

Jubern

Loni's character was much better in the novel than the OVA, but I preferred the OVA's ending to the novel's.
Riddhe killing Loni instead of Banagher adds something substantial to their eventual falling out.

I felt it was unnecessary, the novel ending was definetively more original and had this sense of tragedy in that
Banagher never knew for sure what happened to Loni. The whole Newtype resonance tragedy was cliché I could have done without.
Like you said, her backstory and the characters around her were also *way* more interesting.

Also, spoilers for next episode ending :
We get another tragic death playing kind of the same way yet much more powerful, so the way they did episode 4 felt terribly unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom