• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth Cyra

I've been getting my Gundam kicks by reading the scanalations of Glory of the Losers.

I'm enjoying GoL so far a decent amount. The Ver Ka suits are awesome, the story changes work well which is nice. It's just odd that for each time it does something decent/cool FT comes out with yet another WTF?!! moment.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I'm enjoying GoL so far a decent amount. The Ver Ka suits are awesome, the story changes work well which is nice. It's just odd that for each time it does something decent/cool FT comes out with yet another WTF?!! moment.

And the new suits are drawn SO WELL. I"m constantly amazed by how beautifully they're rendered.

Beth Cyra

And the new suits are drawn SO WELL. I"m constantly amazed by how beautifully they're rendered.

They really are done well. With each new chapter that comes out I really expect to see the quality drop on them but so far they have really delievered on both the original Ver Ka designs and even the added extras like Deathscythe's early wings and Sandrocks extra armor.

Jubern

For those who missed it, Gundam.info had an April Fool yesterday about a 1/1 Blitz Gundam being exposed in Odaiba, same place as the first RX-78 exposition.
For some reason they took the article down, so here the Google Cache.

It has Mirage Colloid activated.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
It's good that they're actually mopping up these vagina losers pretty quick. Also good to see Wolf kill one of them for a change. I wonder if Asemu is going to Camille himself with all that x-rounder brain damage.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I bought my first Gunpla today...I had no intention of buying this one in particular, but when I saw it on the shelf, I couldn't resist.

29b356d47dec11e180d51231380fcd7e_7.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
It looks like Seed HD is also available for streaming with English subs. Anyone have an idea of how badly cropped it is?

zeroshiki

For those who missed it, Gundam.info had an April Fool yesterday about a 1/1 Blitz Gundam being exposed in Odaiba, same place as the first RX-78 exposition.
For some reason they took the article down, so here the Google Cache.

It has Mirage Colloid activated.

The RX-78 is actually back in Odaiba. It now adorns the main entrance of the Diver City Tokyo Mall.

ODAIBA0131_02.jpg

Jubern

The RX-78 is actually back in Odaiba. It now adorns the main entrance of the Diver City Tokyo Mall.

ODAIBA0131_02.jpg

Nice! I guess I'll go see it again in September, for the hell of it.

This reminds me, the last time I saw it was at the Shizuoka Hobby Fair. I had a Japan Rail Pass so I just went there for the afternoon to see it and also watch the exposition. I'm not a plastic models fan, but it was amazing nonetheless. It wasn't just Gundam, the expo actually covered the entire history of models in Japan. There were amazing dioramas on WW2 and stuff...
I took like over a hundred pics I think^^'

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Nice, I hope you post the finished product!

I definitely will! I'll be posting WIP pics, too.

Very nice. Master Gundam is a badass design.

Yeah, his design and color scheme drew me in, too. It was a combination of that and the fact that he has a horse pal - it will definitely be a superb display model! not only that, but it gives me the drive to want to paint him and make him look presentable. I need to do him justice, haha.

Zaptruder

Banned
Oh god, that would be a dream come true.

I mean you could sell admission into it, and that thing would have a line that wraps around the block 4 times over, and you'd recoup the cost of the machine in a week.

Build a couple more and have 4 player multi battles going on.

It went on a tour around Japan after the original Odaiba exhibit but I'm pretty sure its there for good now.

It's there until March 2013. Missed it last time I was in Japan in April 2010, but I did make it out to Kami-igusa to see their bronze Gundam statue as well as Sunrise's building.

293131_2353129988834_1267691058_32813008_6117290_n.jpg

205911_2353129788829_1267691058_32813007_7475902_n.jpg

294386_2353130548848_1267691058_32813011_7288525_n.jpg

293181_2353130948858_1267691058_32813013_226572_n.jpg

JCX

Seeing Toonami on Adult Swim got me all nostalgic, so I bought a 1/100n scale Gundam Sandrock Custom model kit. Excited to start putting it together tonight.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Seeing Toonami on Adult Swim got me all nostalgic, so I bought a 1/100n scale Gundam Sandrock Custom model kit. Excited to start putting it together tonight.

1/100 is Master Grade, right?

E: Looks like no. MG can be 1/100 I think, but that doesn't dictate MG. I'm still learning haha.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Anyone airbrush their kits? I'm thinking of buying one, but I don't know what to look for. I figure Iwata is the brand to go with (since I've read they're the one of the best), and gravity feed is ideal when working with smaller models...But I don't know. I may be making things up. Also, I've read that double action is preferred as it gives MUCH more control. Compressors I know NOTHING about.

Any Gunpla experts have an opinion on the matter?

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on MG Heavyarms but as much of a longshot as it sounds I feel the second I do they'll announce an EW version or at least the new Katoki one with the additional missile racks

JCX

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on MG Heavyarms but as much of a longshot as it sounds I feel the second I do they'll announce an EW version or at least the new Katoki one with the additional missile racks

I've never built an MG. This will be my first 1/100, then maybe later I'll scale up to MG. I wanted the Gundam Wing version of Sandrock, but didn't find it in the scale I wanted.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Ah, I remember my first Gunpla. It was a Deathscythe I built when Toonami was still showing Wing. Good times. Is there a MG F91? Haven't built one in years and would love to make one of my favorite suits.

Gundam AGE 26

Woolf!! NOOOOOOOOO =( My favorite character is gone waaaahhh!!! Fuck you Desil! Anyway based on the preview it seems the Vagans are going for either a space fortress or space fortress+coloy drop.
Definitely one the better episodes in the series.

Gundam AGE 26

Woolf!! NOOOOOOOOO =( My favorite character is gone waaaahhh!!! Fuck you Desil! Anyway based on the preview it seems the Vagans are going for either a space fortress or space fortress+coloy drop.
Definitely one the better episodes in the series.

Kind of an empty victory with the Desil death since his broham was trying to get rid of him anyway and Flit didn't bother jumping into old-man AGE-1 while holding him off in the Diva the last episode. But yeah, it's looking like a colony drop next episode.

Kind of an empty victory with the Desil death since his broham was trying to get rid of him anyway and Flit didn't bother jumping into old-man AGE-1 while holding him off in the Diva the last episode. But yeah, it's looking like a colony drop next episode.
Not only empty but short lived, also Desil not being able to read Asem's movement made me think maybe that is Asem's unique ability as a sort of the Super Pilot anti-X-Rounder.

Blader

Gundam AGE 26

Best episode yet. Gen 2 has been getting really fucking dark, especially these last couple weeks. It's a nice turnaround from Gen 1, which had basically zero tension happening, even if it is bringing out the mantears lately.
Even though he had a number of death flags on him, Woolf's death was still fucking heartbreaking to watch. Revenge on Desil was satisfying though, especially liked that Zeheart wasn't going to bail him out.

It does seem a little rushed. And is this series not going for a full 52 episode run? Assuming each "age" has the same number of episodes roughly?

50 episodes. So Gen 3 will be the longest, but there could be another timeskip within it if they're still following the original pitch of a 100 year war.

Ah makes sense, I avoided those out of fear for spoilers.
Word. It is rather interesting gen 2 is gonna end soon, but the way the story has been heading is crashing into a conclusion at a really quick pace with all the death flags and everything. Been really enjoying it a lot lately thanks to the darker overtones in dealing with war and seeing Flit manage things with his son and whatnot. It's also been cool seeing Asem launching with Double Bullet out the get go considering it's sooooooo much better than AGE-2 Normal. Hopefully his whole "Super Pilot" swag is just him being beast versus something along the lines being a pseudo X-Rounder.

As for Gen 3
old man Flit looks boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom