• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
gundam_age__zeydra_v_age_2_by_tristtrist-d4rqolr.gif

tXuUV.gif

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Huahahaha Flit has turned into such a huge dick.

He wasn't even at
Asemu's wedding
LOL

The
marriage portion
felt tacked on and too short, when I think they could have spent another episode to build this on. I think the problem with the 2nd half of AGE2 was dealing with Asemu and Flit at the same time, to me it felt like Flit was still the main star of the show while Asemu was all too busy finding himself until the drop.

Also watched more SEED HD (ep 12-13), its nearly as grim and tragic as Age. Wish it had as cool suits as Age.
The good thing with watching the HD version is that you're spared from the recaps, SEED for the most part is pretty tame in its depiction of war. :p

The
marriage portion
felt tacked on and too short, when I think they could have spent another episode to build this on. I think the problem with the 2nd half of AGE2 was dealing with Asemu and Flit at the same time, to me it felt like Flit was still the main star of the show while Asemu was all too busy finding himself until the drop.

Perhaps its too early to say as it seemed like both needed a gen to find themself then actually did epic things in the subsequent gen, which most likely doesnt do well for Kio, unless he somehow gets way more episodes than Flit and Asemu had, and I guess a time skip built in?

I really like the way Nu Gundam from Char's Counterattack looks. Do any of you guys have the Master Grade Nu Gundam? I was thinking about making that my next Gunpla purchase, but it's a kit from 2000 so I don't think the articulation and quality be all that great. Should I just hope for a 2.0 version sometime in the future?

My oldest MG kit is the RX-79 Ground Gundam (also from 2000), and it really can't compare to Bandai's modern stuff. I mean, it's limited articulation especially with regards to the legs and polycaps everywhere.

NEO0MJ

If I remember right the Nu Gundam is considered a bad kit, and not just in for its articulation.
Waiting for a 2.0 might sound like a good idea but I don't think Bandai made a 2.0 for quite some time. and non of their future MGs are 2.0, either.

I really like the way Nu Gundam from Char's Counterattack looks. Do any of you guys have the Master Grade Nu Gundam? I was thinking about making that my next Gunpla purchase, but it's a kit from 2000 so I don't think the articulation and quality be all that great. Should I just hope for a 2.0 version sometime in the future?

My oldest MG kit is the RX-79 Ground Gundam (also from 2000), and it really can't compare to Bandai's modern stuff. I mean, it's limited articulation especially with regards to the legs and polycaps everywhere.

Your best option is this http://www.bluefincorp.com/catalog/...irits/115-nu-gundam-char-s-counterattack.html

isny

napkin dispenser
I just recently started playing through the Gundam PS2 games I picked up while in Japan, and man, I can't believe how they look brand new when they were all under 400 yen and used. They really take care of their stuff there >.>

The games were the two Seed games and ACE 2. I'm starting with ACE 2 and working my way from best to worst. (Next up after ACE 2 is Federation VS ZAFT and then lastly Never Ending Tomorrow)

I just recently started playing through the Gundam PS2 games I picked up while in Japan, and man, I can't believe how they look brand new when they were all under 400 yen and used. They really take care of their stuff there >.>

The games were the two Seed games and ACE 2. I'm starting with ACE 2 and working my way from best to worst. (Next up after ACE 2 is Federation VS ZAFT and then lastly Never Ending Tomorrow)

Oh god Never Ending Tomorrow? You should probably play that next and have Seed VS clean that bad taste out of your mouth afterwards.

Jubern

Which version of ACE2 did you bought, out of interest? Normal one, or vocal songs one?

But yeah, Japanese used games are amazing. The first time I bought one onsite was almost two years ago, when I bought Gundam Senki along with my PS3. It was already cheap enough (1200¥) but then there was also a warning on the slipcover about how the disk and manual were damaged. So I go to the counter to check and... I couldn't see the fault(s). The guy would show me and it'd be so minimal it could as well be that way with a brand new copy. Yet, for the "damage" I got 400¥ off the already cheap, cheap 1200¥ price point! Crazy stuff.

Oh god Never Ending Tomorrow? You should probably play that next and have Seed VS clean that bad taste out of your mouth afterwards.

I remember spending way too much time on that game. Gameplay was horrid, but having all dat Astray in it was awesome.
Same reason I played Generation of C.E. a few months later, actually (which came out while GSD was still airing and because of that had strange/funny stuff like Destiny Gundam firing beams from its palm lol).

Listen to this man. Never Ending Tomorrow was soooo bad. It will make this mission so much more enjoyable.

I totally forgot about that. The horror.

Wubby

I picked this guy up today. Kit seems popular. There was a big stack when I first saw it last week but they're almost gone now at the local Bic Camera.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I picked this guy up today. Kit seems popular. There was a big stack when I first saw it last week but they're almost gone now at the local Bic Camera.

Oh I'm jealous! :|

I haven't had time to work on my Gunpla since I've been helping get my fiancee moved in. Soon though!

Post pics!

Wubby

Nice. Will you show off the final product when you build it?

Sure. Won't be able to get to it for a while though. I have some other non gunpla kits I've been working on. But this one looks really good in the box. It's tempting. I may just snap it together and let it sit on the side and go back and paint it later when I have time/willpower to do so.

isny

napkin dispenser
You know there is an English version of Never Ending Tomorrow, right?

Yup, but I probably wouldn't get a complete copy for 300 yen. I stuck to bargain bin games while in Japan, as tempting as the more expensive stuff was, it was neat to find so many Gundam games in the bargain bins. (It also helps that I enjoy the Japanese voice acting for Gundam, so playing the English one would probably just be even more grating)

Yup, but I probably wouldn't get a complete copy for 300 yen. I stuck to bargain bin games while in Japan, as tempting as the more expensive stuff was, it was neat to find so many Gundam games in the bargain bins. (It also helps that I enjoy the Japanese voice acting for Gundam, so playing the English one would probably just be even more grating)

Bargain bin shopping in Japan is tons of fun. Here's my most recent 1,000 yen challenge from April 2010:

1000yen.jpg

I got loads of other games (Gundam and non-Gundam), but these ones were purchased for less than 1,000 yen total.

When I was there in 2006, I snagged the ACE2 LE for 400 yen.

Beth Cyra

Wow. Didn't Bandai just last week say how commited they were to AGE regardless of the low ratings?

Aside from that, Real Grade Freedom came in the mail today and my wife went ahead and ordered me Final Battle Banshee Ver Ka and Bandai Online Strike Real Grade.

Edit: I'm eyeing the hell out of the G System Wing Gundam EW Early Type. I haven't seen any real reviews on Youtube for it and hardly anything online and I know G System has a pretty good Rep but it seems like almost no one bought the Wing so I was wondering if any of my fellow Gaf Gundam lovers has heard much about that kit?

duckroll

There have been rumors of AGE getting cut short all week now actually. Hino even responded to it on his twitter denying it, saying they are bullshit rumors. But of course, the man can't be trusted because right after that he went on to shill his crappy show on twitter as well, telling all "fans" that each generation of AGE is different, and now that AGE-3 is starting, all Inazuma fans should tune in because they're going to like it.

No Hino, stop the lies, NO ONE likes AGE, NO ONE wants to pay a cent for AGE, NO ONE wants the models, NO ONE wants the manga crap, NO ONE wants the DVD/BDs, NO ONE wants to watch it on TV. The only supporters you have at this point are 4 guys on NeoGAF who do not contribute to any of the above.

Just put it out of its misery already!

Averon

I think AGE has gotten decent since generation 2, but I surely hope Bandai doesn't make anything like this again. Once is more than enough for me.

Beth Cyra

There have been rumors of AGE getting cut short all week now actually. Hino even responded to it on his twitter denying it, saying they are bullshit rumors. But of course, the man can't be trusted because right after that he went on to shill his crappy show on twitter as well, telling all "fans" that each generation of AGE is different, and now that AGE-3 is starting, all Inazuma fans should tune in because they're going to like it.

No Hino, stop the lies, NO ONE likes AGE, NO ONE wants to pay a cent for AGE, NO ONE wants the models, NO ONE wants the manga crap, NO ONE wants the DVD/BDs, NO ONE wants to watch it on TV. The only supporters you have at this point are 4 guys on NeoGAF who do not contribute to any of the above.

Just put it out of its misery already!

While I don't always agree with you in FF threads, I always find myself laughing whenever you post about Gundam Age.

Honestly though, apart of me still wants to think that you paint a way darker outlook on AGE then reality. Well at least it gives me hope that Frozen Teardrop and Glory of the Defeated wouldn't be the first on the chopping block since AGE is still around.

duckroll

While I don't always agree with you in FF threads, I always find myself laughing whenever you post about Gundam Age.

Honestly though, apart of me still wants to think that you paint a way darker outlook on AGE then reality. Well at least it gives me hope that Frozen Teardrop and Glory of the Defeated wouldn't be the first on the chopping block since AGE is still around.

Well...

Average sales per volume for Gundam series since 2000:
68,735 - Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED Destiny
58,589 - Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED
39,353 - Kidou Senshi Gundam 00
34,601 - Kidou Senshi Gundam 00 S2
*1,999 - Kidou Senshi Gundam AGE (Vols. 1-2) (this third volume sold even less lol)

AGE is really the definition of bomb lol.

Sales for Gundam Unicorn so far (DVD+BD combined):
Vol1 - 183,726
Vol2 - 183,315
Vol3 - 176,311
Vol4 - 181,803

The only sales figures for Gundam AGE so far (BD only, DVD doesn't even chart):
Vol1 - 2,343
Vol2 - 1,655
Vol3 - 1,380

At this rate even if Gundam AGE is a hundred volumes long, the ENTIRE SERIES will not be able to outsell a single volume of Gundam Unicorn! :D

Beth Cyra

Dear god.....

Even the complete shit Gundam Wing Endless Waltz Blu Ray that they put no work in did around 10k if I remember right.

To be fair to Age though, G/W/X/Turn A likely wouldn't make it look nearly as bad as SEED/Destiny/OO do let alone it having to be going up around UC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom