• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Headphone Thread 2.5: We're Making WAVs and Catching FLAC

I got the e10k in the end and it arrived today. It sounds good, not £60 extra good though. Not sure if I'll keep it to be honest, I could maybe sell it for 50 and only lose 10 for the learning experience. Still need to try it with the AKG's though, so still undecided.

Bloodember

I got the e10k in the end and it arrived today. It sounds good, not £60 extra good though. Not sure if I'll keep it to be honest, I could maybe sell it for 50 and only lose 10 for the learning experience. Still need to try it with the AKG's though, so still undecided.
Can't you just return it?

Can't you just return it?

To be honest I'm not sure, can I? I don't return much and thought that in the UK once electronics were opened they can't be returned unless faulty. Where I got this assumption I don't know. I will look into it, but I will try the AKG's first, see if they need to be driven more than my AT's.

Oynox

My absolute favorite headphones for traveling are definitely the Bose QC 3. I am astonished that there is no Bose product on the list in the OP. At home I use the Sennheiser HD 558, it a middle class headphone. It is extremely comfy, especially as wearer of glasses since headphones with this "harder and cancelling" material around are pressing on the earpiece.

HiResDes

Fuck most Bose products, Beats are better...

Anyway ridiculous sale on both the Fidelio X2 and Audio Technica AD900 open version today.

HiResDes

Hey, new to headphones here, i was looking to purchase one for around the $100 range. (Canadian)

How are these headphones? Anyone here have experience with these ones? theyre on sale for 40% off right now, seems decent.
"AKG K 240 Semi-Open Studio Headphones"
Pretty good all arounders, decent comfort, pretty inoffensive in just about every way besides a slightly treble spike. Not a bad choice at all,but those prices are definitely quite inflated to make it seem like you're getting this fantastic deal. I'd also recommend checking out the Koss Pro DJ 100, KRK KNS 6400, Audio Technica TAD500 and Takstar Pro 80 also in the price range.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So it seems like due to the merger with fender retailers are selling aurisonic stock at discount prices to clear their stock?

Which is kind of a bummer for me!

Ah well, I had a month or 2 of solid listening I guess. Also don't quite understand the point of blowing out the stock right now.

Still, at this price point the aurisonic IEMs are a goddamn steal imo.

andylsun

So it seems like due to the merger with fender retailers are selling aurisonic stock at discount prices to clear their stock?

Which is kind of a bummer for me!

Ah well, I had a month or 2 of solid listening I guess. Also don't quite understand the point of blowing out the stock right now.

Still, at this price point the aurisonic IEMs are a goddamn steal imo.

Any US retailers clearing out Aurisonics? I see there's a online UK retailer but haven't seen anything else.

Fuck most Bose products, Beats are better...

Anyway ridiculous sale on both the Fidelio X2 and Audio Technica AD900 open version today.

You mean Massdrop? I read the comments and there seem to be different version of the X2. Newer versions reportedly have glued on earpads while older ones don't. Apparently Woox manufactured the older ones but as they have been bought by Gibson, the manufacturing process has been altered. I also checked headfi and of course there are reports of different sounding headphones and lesser finish overall. It could just be overreaction of the vocal minority. In the end, the earpads should be removable right?

Antiwhippy

Any US retailers clearing out Aurisonics? I see there's a online UK retailer but haven't seen anything else.

Only know that the UK and aus suppliers are having sales. Dunno about the US.

Might have gone for a kicker but I'm saving up for a mojo currently.

You mean Massdrop? I read the comments and there seem to be different version of the X2. Newer versions reportedly have glued on earpads while older ones don't. Apparently Woox manufactured the older ones but as they have been bought by Gibson, the manufacturing process has been altered. I also checked headfi and of course there are reports of different sounding headphones and lesser finish overall. It could just be overreaction of the vocal minority. In the end, the earpads should be removable right?

The only thing that was changed was glued earpads and a different material for the inside of the earpads. Phillips made a statement that they will no longer glue the earpads due to the complaints.

HiResDes

Only know that the UK and aus suppliers are having sales. Dunno about the US.

Might have gone for a kicker but I'm saving up for a mojo currently.
I can't remember which ones you liked, but did you ever get a chance to check out the Forte? Wondering if those might be a good middle ground for me.

Jzero

Is there a way that Windows can automatically switch to my monitor speakers when i turn off my Schiit stack?

Random Access Memories by Daft Punk is amazing with Sennheiser HD 650, Valhalla 2, and Modi 2. I never noticed the minute, yet profound details until now. Where can I find more music like this?

How easy is it to replace the jack on an IEM?

I have these ones, the klipsch S4:
klipsch_s4klu45.jpg

I don't have a soldering iron so I guess I would have to buy one... or maybe this is an excuse for an upgrade. I dunno.

Antiwhippy

I can't remember which ones you liked, but did you ever get a chance to check out the Forte? Wondering if those might be a good middle ground for me.

Yeah I liked the harmony a lot. Can't remember much about the forte though, sorry.

I am actually stupid tempted by the 1plus, but I still have another ciem coming my way so I don't know if I'll actually have much use for it, and I still want that mojo.

I'm listening to Kayne West's album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

Does music get any better than this? I really enjoyed his album. I get all emotional.

I enjoyed The Wall by Pink Floyd. It's much better than I expected.

I've never been able to enjoy it properly since it has one of the worst mastering jobs of all time.

Is there a difference in the Vinyl version?

I heard there's an Unmasters version of My Beautiful Dark Fantasy.

Considering how you feel about the Rockets, I think the 1 Plus would be the logical one to check out. I don't think any of the Bravo series is geared towards neutrality.

Ryman

Just bought a pair of SR-407s, it will be interesting to see how they compare to the SR-202. I only have an SRM-300 right now, so I may need to get a more powerful amp some time in the future.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Random Access Memories by Daft Punk is amazing with Sennheiser HD 650, Valhalla 2, and Modi 2. I never noticed the minute, yet profound details until now. Where can I find more music like this?

WOW that's a good album. I should've dug into Daft Punk a long time ago.

It's weird. I never particularly cared for Daft Punk before RAM. Their music is too repetitive and structurally simplistic. I'd rather listen to Justice if we're talkin French EDM groups.

Top Bottom