• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

RangersFan

He hit every fucking note with that one. Never mind how spot on he sounds like Gary, just love how he was able to get all the references in there.

Van Owen

Banned
Does anyone listen to Artie's podcast? It's too expensive for me and I have no idea if it's good.

I listened to a few that were funnier than Howard has been in years, though that isn't saying much. I think he works better in a sidekick roll but it still has funny moments.

Lamneth

Banned
I listened to a few that were funnier than Howard has been in years, though that isn't saying much. I think he works better in a sidekick roll but it still has funny moments.

I actually enjoyed some of his Directv show, Artie goofing on Mike was priceless. I absolutely hated the sports talk though, so fucking boring. I just found a free month code too so will definitely give it a shot.

Tarkus

I'm getting soft. I dropped a tear listening to Richard's story this morning.

Does anyone know the original song that Syke parodied today called "Sharia Law?" It's a late 70s or early 80s soft rock song.

appaws

Banned

Van Owen

Banned
Any over/under on if he re-signs?

Depends on if AGT gets canceled or not, but he'll take a paycut if he resigns with Sirius either way. I think they realize he isn't the draw he once was, and he's been thinning out his staff over the the past couple years as well.

MisterR

Depends on if AGT gets canceled or not, but he'll take a paycut if he resigns with Sirius either way. I think they realize he isn't the draw he once was, and he's been thinning out his staff over the the past couple years as well.

I think he drops AGT and stays. He will take something of a pay cut, but still make plenty. There are still something like 2-3 million daily listeners.

RangersFan

100% he will re-sign. The neutered interview format with A list guests is THSS now. That is the show we will get from now on, him kissing Madonna and Gweneth Paltrow's ass. The "neutered" Howard is one of the reasons he is able to book these guests. He will take a pay cut from Sirius (though he won't admit it), and he will make up that difference in pay with his Whalerock deal for digital distribution of his backlog.

MisterR

lol, says who?

It's hard to find solid actual numbers, but the last survey I saw was from 2014 and about 12% of siriusxm subscribers polled stated they listened to Howard regularly. With over 25 million subscribers, that's around 3 million. 5% said they would drop SiriusXm if he didn't resign.

Van Owen

Banned
It's hard to find solid actual numbers, but the last survey I saw was from 2014 and about 12% of siriusxm subscribers polled stated they listened to Howard regularly. With over 25 million subscribers, that's around 3 million. 5% said they would drop SiriusXm if he didn't resign.

I really doubt the accuracy of it. Sirius doesn't even have that many paying subs if you don't count new car subs.

Also, Sirius doesn't even know actual numbers of who listens to what. With Stern's sporadic schedule and short work weeks, I doubt he has that many regular listeners at this point.

nocode

I really doubt the accuracy of it. Sirius doesn't even have that many paying subs if you don't count new car subs.

Also, Sirius doesn't even know actual numbers of who listens to what. With Stern's sporadic schedule and short work weeks, I doubt he has that many regular listeners at this point.

While I agree that it's hard to pin down an exact number, he just gave you actual evidence from polls done by Sirius, and you refuted it with your feeling as your only evidence. I think it's very possible he draws a few million regular listeners. Follow the money. Why would Sirius pay him that much if he didn't draw that many listeners?

MisterR

While I agree that it's hard to pin down an exact number, he just gave you actual evidence from polls done by Sirius, and you refuted it with your feeling as your only evidence. I think it's very possible he draws a few million regular listeners. Follow the money. Why would Sirius pay him that much if he didn't draw that many listeners?

Exactly. The poll wasn't meant to be flattering. It was actual cited as a reason that they could live without him if he didn't resign. He wouldn't make what he does if he wasn't drawing

Van Owen

Banned

Sirius isn't above paying people with name recognition a bunch of money so they can name a channel after them....

Van Owen

Banned
They aren't paying anybody 80 million dollars a year to name a channel after them.

They won't pay Stern that now either.

But Oprah, Foxx, Eminem, and others still had very lucrative deals for doing very little work that didn't really drive sub numbers.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
CDX6akyWAAIhNG_.jpg

https://twitter.com/artiequitter/status/591654260678471680

Top Bottom