• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Van Owen

Banned
Stuttering John and Artie ripping on Hanzi for a hour and a half is the funniest Stern related thing I've heard in years.

http://youtu.be/mL9EXGk8osk

it's about half way into it that Hanzi shows up.

Just got around to this.

Artie called Howard multiple times over the years and left messages, and on the last one Artie just said goodbye since he realized Howard had no plans to ever speak with him again.

Some bro.

Just got around to this.

Artie called Howard multiple times over the years and left messages, and on the last one Artie just said goodbye since he realized Howard had no plans to ever speak with him again.

Some bro.

Used his addiction as a bit and then threw him out with the trash. Fuck Howard.

The past couple months have been increasingly bad in terms of press for Howard and the show. I wonder if shit will just keep coming out of the wood works from ex-staffers?

John did not name the person as it was clear that Artie wanted nothing to do with that. Artie clearly still loves Howard but you get the feeling he doesn't care for Gary.

Van Owen

Banned
just listened to Artie's podcast from today. You can tell how hurt he is by Howard acting like he doesn't exist and not returning his calls.

Gary also comes off like a piece of shit. Artie was pretty hurt over them replaying his private calls after he revealed he was on heroin and actually dope sick and goofing on them, and talks about the hypocrisy of the 100 News, etc. Sounds like the HTV are pissed too.

Dalek

just listened to Artie's podcast from today. You can tell how hurt he is by Howard acting like he doesn't exist and not returning his calls.

Gary also comes off like a piece of shit. Artie was pretty hurt over them replaying his private calls after he revealed he was on heroin and actually dope sick and goofing on them, and talks about the hypocrisy of the 100 News, etc. Sounds like the HTV are pissed too.

I'm not an Arite fan but I think I need to listen to this.

Kuroyume

Banned
I love the Artie podcasts. Just hearing him talk about the stern world is great. Kinda bring me back to the good old days.

Seems to really dislike Gary the most out of the major players on the show. Suggesting Howard is turning into a Howard Hughes because of his cultish worship of Marci is pretty fucked up/amusing though.

Grinchy

Banned
Ouch, that is some honesty. I guess you can only expect someone to keep their mouth shut for so many years before they need to vent.

Herbs

Banned
I'm not as angry about his shift in style as some here, but I will say I look forward to the day the inside stuff starts to come out and we get more of the truth that seems to be lacking in recent years.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm listening to more of that Artie podcast, and damn, he got into a lot of stuff. He even alluded to the fact that the Howard 100 News fucked up Robin and Jimmy's relationship. He also talked about how Howard pretended he wouldn't be off-limits to the news team and then immediately showed that it was a bullshit statement.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
HeyI know Howard can be a dick, but the fact you guys are trusting anything that comes out of stuttering john is crazy. John was a backstabbing asshole even before the Leno thing. Artie is another thing, he's drug addict and nuts but he always seemed like decent person.

I defended the show for a long time but damn if he has Julie Chen and Ozzys wife one more time i'm going to drink bleach and stab myself.

HeyI know Howard can be a dick, but the fact you guys are trusting anything that comes out of stuttering john is crazy. John was a backstabbing asshole even before the Leno thing. Artie is another thing, he's drug addict and nuts but he always seemed like decent person.

I defended the show for a long time but damn if he has Julie Chen and Ozzys wife one more time i'm going to drink bleach and stab myself.

Its not like they trashed Howard or said much that you wouldn't have already suspected.

It's the end of an era for sure, but I don't think I can be too pissed at Howard. Yes, he made some dick moves recently, but I think the more frustrating thing is that, over decades of broadcasting, nobody has come close to emulating his show.

Without Howard, this kind of radio doesn't exist on a large scale. He knew how to bring together a group of people who were talented enough to keep a show going, while also interesting enough to contribute their personalities to it.

Someone new needs to come out, in the PC world of 2015, and shock us again.

Herbs

Banned
It's the end of an era for sure, but I don't think I can be too pissed at Howard. Yes, he made some dick moves recently, but I think the more frustrating thing is that, over decades of broadcasting, nobody has come close to emulating his show.

Without Howard, this kind of radio doesn't exist on a large scale. He knew how to bring together a group of people who were talented enough to keep a show going, while also interesting enough to contribute their personalities to it.

Someone new needs to come out, in the PC world of 2015, and shock us again.

the world isn't pc.

i never listened to a howard stern show but i've been on quite a binge the last couple of months watching every youtube clip there is from the tv show. this artie podcast is really something. i think he's fully in the right here.

Artie was a glorified wackpacker for howard towards the end.

smurfx

get some go again
artie towards the end kissed so much ass it was almost sickening. i think at that point artie was just trying to stay on howards good side so he wouldn't fire him.

Lothar

Banned
Just heard the his response, I wonder what he's going to think after Artie's new rant lol

He's not going to hear it. Howard doesn't care enough about Artie to even listen to what he has to say about him. It's hard to believe but it's true.

Damn that stupid caller for not asking the real questions. Like why doesn't he call Artie or have him on the show. What a moron to have the chance with Howard and blow it.

Grinchy

Banned
At the beginning of the call, Howard mistakes the guy for the regular caller, Matt, who had the disabled wife who died. He's the guy with the annoying laugh who is always calling in.

I wonder if someone put that call up thinking it was that Matt and it's the only reason Howard picked up on it, thinking he'd get one of his usual loyal characters on the line. If that's the case then someone got a new asshole that day for letting honesty onto the air.

At the beginning of the call, Howard mistakes the guy for the regular caller, Matt, who had the disabled wife who died. He's the guy with the annoying laugh who is always calling in.

I wonder if someone put that call up thinking it was that Matt and it's the only reason Howard picked up on it, thinking he'd get one of his usual loyal characters on the line. If that's the case then someone got a new asshole that day for letting honesty onto the air.

There's probably an ex-intern named Tyler or Cody or Zach, sitting in his dorm at a community college in Long Island, crying into his beer right now.

Tarkus

I did hear the name Gary the Retard today instead of Conqueror. Maybe Howard is trying to cover up the PC stuff.

Top Bottom