• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

John Lieberman got a new job as Senior Creative Director at SAP. I would be surprised if he had enough free time to continue his Freelance work and Howard Stern.

This show is for sure done at the end of the year, there's just no way it could continue with all of these signs.

And god I haven't listened to the shows this week but heard the clip of Howard addressing Artie. Could Robin be any fucking worse? So fucking annoying.

John Lieberman got a new job as Senior Creative Director at SAP. I would be surprised if he had enough free time to continue his Freelance work and Howard Stern.

This show is for sure done at the end of the year, there's just no way it could continue with all of these signs.

And god I haven't listened to the shows this week but heard the clip of Howard addressing Artie. Could Robin be any fucking worse? So fucking annoying.
The accounting software?! Weird

Tarkus

Just heard Bernie Sanders speak for the first time. He kinda sounds like Howard's dad, but much more boring.

NYR

So who's on the show this week and getting softballs thrown at them with absolute praise? Rachel Ray? Julia Roberts? Dame Edna?

Grinchy

Banned
So who's on the show this week and getting softballs thrown at them with absolute praise? Rachel Ray? Julia Roberts? Dame Edna?

Bill Cosby is coming in. Howard has always been a huge fan and always saw the brilliance in his humor. And his cock is beer can thick.

Herbs

Banned
I think the best and most infuriating thing is Howard's completely out of touch sensibilities when it comes to geek culture like podcasts, unboxing videos, and anything that's remotely different from his bullshit painting.

I think the best and most infuriating thing is Howard's completely out of touch sensibilities when it comes to geek culture like podcasts, unboxing videos, and anything that's remotely different from his bullshit painting.

He'll rail on it til its over as a thing and then he'll start doing it. So look forward to Skylander unboxing videos from him in about 5 years.

Grinchy

Banned
lmao

It cracks me up that someone had to have watched Grillo's periscope to pull quotes from it. Radar Online must have its own sad little JD tucked away somewhere.

Billy West is gonna be on Artie's podcast today and Gilbert is gonna be on tomorrow. This show is sounding more intriguing all the time.

appaws

Banned
I've been listening to a complete collection of Eric the Midget...for the first time since the little guy passed away. It's hundreds of hours of entertainment.

He was amazing. I would probably still be listening to the new show episodes if he was still around.

I just heard the episode where he was proposing hotel ideas to Donald Trump. In light of the current Trump stuff, hearing him discuss an "all-sports" hotel in Vegas with ETM is just gold.

Dalek

I've been listening to a complete collection of Eric the Midget...for the first time since the little guy passed away. It's hundreds of hours of entertainment.

He was amazing. I would probably still be listening to the new show episodes if he was still around.

I just heard the episode where he was proposing hotel ideas to Donald Trump. In light of the current Trump stuff, hearing him discuss an "all-sports" hotel in Vegas with ETM is just gold.

The fact that he felt he was obligated to speak to someone on that level says all about Eric.

appaws

Banned
The fact that he felt he was obligated to speak to someone on that level says all about Eric.

I remember he was trying to get a meeting with the Maloof brothers about his sports hotel idea, built around luring a pro sports franchise to vegas.

He had some merit, because I have heard that the NHL is considering a Vegas expansion. If there ends up being a Trump hotel with an arena attached to it someday...I call bullshit and the little guy's family should get a cut of the action.

NYR

I
He had some merit, because I have heard that the NHL is considering a Vegas expansion. If there ends up being a Trump hotel with an arena attached to it someday...I call bullshit and the little guy's family should get a cut of the action.
Considering? It's all but done - they passed phase 1 and 2 of the expansion process and pretty much just need a owners vote and pay the half-billion dollar expansion fee. The owners won't reject a team in Vegas, the NHL wants first-to-market rights there. Quebec will get a team too.

appaws

Banned
Considering? It's all but done - they passed phase 1 and 2 of the expansion process and pretty much just need a owners vote and pay the half-billion dollar expansion fee. The owners won't reject a team in Vegas, the NHL wants first-to-market rights there. Quebec will get a team too.

Oh wow. I didn't realize it had gone that far. Cool. Good for Quebec as well. They never should have lost the Nords.

Dalek

WILL YOU LET ME FINISH YOU BIG NOSED BASTARD!!

Tarkus

No...this is Derek from Texas
hqdefault.jpg

erawsd

Man, I love all you guys who've contributed to this thread and especially whoever bumped it to the first page while I was browsing OT. I haven't listened to Stern since 2010 but I've spent the last 30 minutes just reading through this thread and collecting articles and podcast links. It makes me sad to hear things have gotten so sour.

Dalek

Man, I love all you guys who've contributed to this thread and especially whoever bumped it to the first page while I was browsing OT. I haven't listened to Stern since 2010 but I've spent the last 30 minutes just reading through this thread and collecting articles and podcast links. It makes me sad to hear things have gotten so sour.

I still listen and I laugh a lot, but it's glory days are definitely in the past.

That said I can't find any other program that's anything like it that appeals to my sensibilities.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm typically a month or more behind, but I still listen too. It's what I listen to in the car or when I'm walking around, grocery shopping, ect. It's still somewhat good, but I can't imagine the show today attracting any new listeners. You just get these blips of great radio amidst the white noise of average to below average radio.

Long time fans can recognize those small, great moments while tolerating the rest. I just can't get into any other shows. I've tried podcasts, and I end up liking them for a couple weeks and then lose interest.

Herbs

Banned
It's around.

It's too bad they decided to scrap the entire show format they had. He was on to something when he decided to expand the Stern world. It was amazing. I really hope we get a tell-all at some point. The behind-the-scenes stuff should be amazing.

I'm holding out hope that if Stern retires at the end of the year, Jason and Will start a new version of Back Office Radio and retain a few cast members. Even if it's just a podcast it could be good.

Top Bottom