• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Van Owen

Banned
All these characters passing away just makes the show feel like it's slowly dying even more.

Stern has what, less than 15 days left on the contract and still hasn't announced any plans?

Tarkus

All these characters passing away just makes the show feel like it's slowly dying even more.

Stern has what, less than 15 days left on the contract and still hasn't announced any plans?
I wish he would announce something. I have to decide on renewing by the end of the month.

RIP Fratto

NYR

I wish he would announce something. I have to decide on renewing by the end of the month.

RIP Fratto
He is renewing, come on man. You really think that narcissist is going to fade away like a bitch? He left AGT to renew. He will come back.

Grinchy

Banned
Don't worry, he'll sign a new contract for even less shows per year. There will be a ton of 2 day weeks, and when he has 3 day weeks, he'll act like his life is too busy.

Van Owen

Banned
Only way he does a TV show is if it's like one day a week of nothing but an interview. He isn't going to work more hours.

Hopefully he just retires since his legacy is already tarnished.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm always like a month behind, so I just heard the interview with that Steve guy from The League. The guy who lied about escaping from the building on 9/11 or something. It was such a long, drawn-out interview where the guy just kept going in circles. I couldn't make any sense of what his defense even was but the worst part about it was just how fucking bored it made me.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I'm always like a month behind, so I just heard the interview with that Steve guy from The League. The guy who lied about escaping from the building on 9/11 or something. It was such a long, drawn-out interview where the guy just kept going in circles. I couldn't make any sense of what his defense even was but the worst part about it was just how fucking bored it made me.
Date?

Drew Barrymore was pretty interesting actually. Her kiss ass to him was pretty pathetic ("You've just evolved so much and I respect you so much!") but was entertaining either way.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Emily says it was difficult to deal with Howard’s fame.

“My dad always instilled in us, ‘Everybody’s watching you,’ ” she recalls. While Howard “always said it was for our protection,” she attributes his warnings to “narcissism.”

“I was alone. The belief that we were so different made it unhealthy,” she says. “Maybe because he was disconnected

Tarkus

"I believed that my parents were very much in love,” Emily says. “I felt like the divorce came out of nowhere. I thought that sacred bond was so strong."

She obviously never listened to the show then. The late 90's were pretty crazy in terms of how far Howard would go iirc. Not the actions of a man in a stable marriage.

master15

I'm one of those anomaly of a fan, if I could categorize myself as such. In the countries I lived you couldn't get Howard Stern and I think the first time I really heard of him was maybe watching an E-show clip or Sacha Baron Cohen (not in character) first interview on the show.

A couple of years ago I started going on a marathon gobbling everything I could get my hands on (ToddPacker compliations, all his Letterman appearances, Love tape saga, bro fight, listening to the History of Howard stern ect). Even after all these years I don't think I've ever listening to his show in traditional manner (i.e the duration of his entire show).

So I wouldn't call myself an ardent fan however its clear the show has become everything he used to goof on an with the things coming out its clear the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.

Van Owen

Banned
Haha, you just know all of his daughters HATE Beth, just like his audience.

She should probably keep her mouth shut though, since I'm sure Howard is still paying the bills because I doubt her Jewish poetry writing brings in much cash.

Van Owen

Banned
Did Howard comment on the Emily article on his show. I assume not.

He was going to get to it but her ran out of time because he spent too much time talking about his weekend of painting while listening to the new One Direct album which he loves.

Haha, you just know all of his daughters HATE Beth, just like his audience.

She should probably keep her mouth shut though, since I'm sure Howard is still paying the bills because I doubt her Jewish poetry writing brings in much cash.

I can't really recall any stories of them and his daughters getting together so yeah I doubt they are big fans of her.

Alison married a wealthy guy didn't she? I am sure they are fine without Howard.

He was going to get to it but her ran out of time because he spent too much time talking about his weekend of painting while listening to the new One Direct album which he loves.

So he went from Skunk Anansie and Metallica to One Direction and Five Seconds of Summer. Seems about right.

appaws

Banned
I can't really recall any stories of them and his daughters getting together so yeah I doubt they are big fans of her.

Alison married a wealthy guy didn't she? I am sure they are fine without Howard.

Yeah, he was some sort of doctor or something I think.

He mentioned taking his daughters to dinner and stuff from time to time. Particularly the youngest one, while the other two were off at college. I don't want to be too hard on the guy though...it is tough being the Dad in a divorce. Usually the one who is not there, of course. Even if the parents are on good terms for the benefit of the kids, kids are not dumb, they know something went wrong and it is a natural human tendency to assess blame when something goes wrong.

I saw this with my parents who divorced after 20 years married. It's a bitch to deal with that shit even when you are not in the public eye...imagine what it would be like with gossip columnists and paparazzi poking around.

master15

Yes but also from his own stories he didn't seem to be much of a Father in terms of spending most of his time in the basement, secluded from the kids while Alison dealt with actually parenting them.

Yeah, he was some sort of doctor or something I think.

He mentioned taking his daughters to dinner and stuff from time to time. Particularly the youngest one, while the other two were off at college. I don't want to be too hard on the guy though...it is tough being the Dad in a divorce. Usually the one who is not there, of course. Even if the parents are on good terms for the benefit of the kids, kids are not dumb, they know something went wrong and it is a natural human tendency to assess blame when something goes wrong.

I saw this with my parents who divorced after 20 years married. It's a bitch to deal with that shit even when you are not in the public eye...imagine what it would be like with gossip columnists and paparazzi poking around.

I specifically meant hearing any story involving both his daughters and Beth. Just doesn't seem like there is much interaction there.

But since we are already down this gossip rabbit hole

http://www.therichest.com/buzz/kids-that-dont-look-like-their-celebrity-parents/

Visually, Howard Stern’s youngest daughter is a far cry from her big, brassy dad. However, while she’s not exactly on the Miley Cyrus circuit yet, she’s very outspoken about her deep disdain for her stepmother and very public about her party antics.

Van Owen

Banned
Yeah, the youngest one has been known to post racy pics on instagram and facebook.

I think the oldest one was the one that overdosed at one of the Jingle Ball's in the KROQ days and had to have her stomach pumped.

Top Bottom