• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Woodsy

Banned
gdt5016 said:
Holy shit.

What a great feud with Chevy Chase.

Is this still going on? Stuttering John asking Chevy if he thought he would ever see the say where he was less hip that Garrett Morris back in the day was priceless.

gdt

Woodsy said:
Is this still going on? Stuttering John asking Chevy if he thought he would ever see the say where he was less hip that Garrett Morris back in the day was priceless.

Nah, Howard and Chevy buried it recently. At a party or something.

Chevy's been in...twice? I think.

Leunam

So am I right in assuming that Sirius, or the Stern Show for that matter, doesn't release the History of Howard Stern stuff after it's aired?

Leunam

244tr7k.gif

gdt

I think it's up to Howard.

He said he could've released the specials on CD/etc, but he said he wants it for Sirius customers only.

Jube3

Yea it sucks you cant buy a season/act set, its such a great set and so much content. 50 hours or so each act? Hopefully once they do 4 theyll be caught up and can release the box set.

kylej

Banned
Howard has repeatedly said he never wants to sell any of his products. Limbaugh sells every bullshit "Excellence in Broadcasting" tchotchke he can and that turned the uhhhhhh cheap jew bastard off to the idea. Crucified by the FCC was Howard's last radio product and that was eons ago.

gdt

I heard Sirius asked him to go to a rehab facility, or else he'd have to leave the show.

I guess we'll see in a couple days...

I like Artie. In person he is a very nice guy.

However, I also liked Jackie.

The Stern show has changed before and will change again.

I look forward to the challengers who will try to take the Jackie/Artie chair.

Hopefully, there will be a contest. I'd love to sit in on the news for a day, without having to worry about getting banned.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Jackie isn't coming back, we all know that.

Howard likely isn't coming back after this year. Satellite can't afford him as it is and he isn't likely to take a pay cut. Could he go back to terrestrial? Anything is possible I suppose.

I'm afraid the chair might go vacant the whole year. How are they going to bring in a new personality during the last year?

I'd love if they could get Adam Corolla, he did some shows earlier this decade for them and they were great. He's an alpha dog but I'm sure he could play it down for Howard. He's got a pretty big following online with his podcasts and a history with the show.

I still think the chair will likely go unfilled, especially if Howard has already made up his mind that this is it.

Salmonax

DJ_Tet said:
I'm afraid the chair might go vacant the whole year. How are they going to bring in a new personality during the last year?
I just hope this doesn't mean more Greg Fitzsimmons. He's the worst.

dem

Salmonax said:
I just hope this doesn't mean more Greg Fitzsimmons. He's the worst.

Truth

I don't know why Howard lets him on the show so much. He's a fucking bore.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Greg Fitzsimmons has good stories (taking a shower with his daughter etc) but his comedic timing is off for the show. I like the guy, think he's funny, but he's not an 'Artie Replacement.' His off-the-cuff remarks fall flat and bring the show to a grinding halt.

entremet

DJ_Tet said:
Yes, because if anything will make the Stern show better it is MORE TIME for Robin to flap her gums.
Sorry, Artie was terrible. Stern was a must listen before him, with him I could easily miss shows. Artie was too much of a load mouth and I couldn't stand his raspy voice.

DJ_Tet

Banned
That doesn't mean he was terrible, you just didn't like his voice. And no shit that Stern isn't as relevant or 'must-listen' as he was in 1992. Times change and you can't put all that on Artie.

edit: Let's see how 'must-listen' Stern is in his final year with Benji as head-writer/head-performer. It should be awesome, I can't wait!

entremet

DJ_Tet said:
That doesn't mean he was terrible, you just didn't like his voice. And no shit that Stern isn't as relevant or 'must-listen' as he was in 1992. Times change and you can't put all that on Artie.
Not a fan of Artie, sorry. He took up way too much air time. I won't miss him. I do agree that Stern has past his prime, but having Artie on didn't help much, IMO.

While Carolla would be a good fit, he's not moving to New York. He's a California guy.

dem

I like artie on the show.. but shape up or ship out.

I hate when he misses work and then we have to hear about it for 2 weeks.

DJ_Tet

Banned
entrement said:
Not a fan of Artie, sorry. He took up way too much air time. I won't miss him.

Who do you think is going to get that air time? It's not going to be Fred or Benji. It will be Robin and Sal. Fantastic.

dem

DJ_Tet said:
Who do you think is going to get that air time? It's not going to be Fred or Benji. It will be Robin and Sal. Fantastic.

Sal is more entertaining than Artie lately..

The story about his wife plugging the toilet with tampons was great

Jube3

This sucks, I however do NOT want to see Jackie back but would not mind Billy West filling in that chair for a bit. I think bringing Jackie back would mean no bashing on howard or fred which I remember being the funniest stuff he did. I dont think I could take that hehee after every joke lol. Or maybe they will do the rotating comedian thing and get Bruer, Norm etc rotating in.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Yeah, I shouldn't try to come off like a huge Artie fan even though I was (back in the day.) My city doesn't carry Stern, so I've had to listen to older shows more recently when I could find them. I didn't realize how long Artie has been telling the same jokes and stories when I was listening to the first couple of years on satellite. It made me realize why there was such a large base of fans that were tired of him. That said, I still think he's the funniest 'off-the-cuff' guy on the show and it won't be easy to replace that considering the personalities and egos in that room.

entremet

DJ_Tet said:
Yeah, I shouldn't try to come off like a huge Artie fan even though I was (back in the day.) My city doesn't carry Stern, so I've had to listen to older shows more recently when I could find them. I didn't realize how long Artie has been telling the same jokes and stories when I was listening to the first couple of years on satellite. It made me realize why there was such a large base of fans that were tired of him. That said, I still think he's the funniest 'off-the-cuff' guy on the show and it won't be easy to replace that considering the personalities and egos in that room.
Now I understand your point. I've been listening to Stern since the mid 90s. I actually liked Artie in the beginning, but his schtick got old after his second year or so.

dem

Billy ain't coming back. He's probably making a killing doing voice work... and I'm pretty sure he relocated to Cali.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Well him being gone would surely start to make the show listenable again. Will be interesting to see if Stern renews his contract though.

gdt

Howard thinks Billy has something against him, wont even do the show when he's in NY.

Though Billy did a ton of stuff for HOHS this week...

Jube3

Well him being gone would surely start to make the show listenable again. Will be interesting to see if Stern renews his contract though.
He was gone last week and fan or not something was definitely missing in the show

gdt5016 said:
Howard thinks Billy has something against him, wont even do the show when he's in NY.

Though Billy did a ton of stuff for HOHS this week...

Yea he has, his bashing is so awesome man. I haven't gotten tired of artie when hes being artie. I have however gotten really bored with the excuses we've had to deal with the past few months. If they dont fill the chair I hope they get fred in there more but the signs of the last week have been just more robin and Howard which I dunno. Will be a very interesting Monday, lots to talk about Rush Limbaugh, Artie, Xmas Party.

cubanb

Banned
On SFN, they are saying he stabbed himself in the stomach, drank bleach, took pills, all trying to kill himself. They say Colin Quinn found him.

ZeoVGM

Banned
On SFN, they are saying he stabbed himself in the stomach, drank bleach, took pills, all trying to kill himself. They say Colin Quinn found him.

Uh, and they're saying this based on what exactly?

SFN is pretty much a cesspool of morons.

nocode

Watching the Howardtv shows from the week before Artie left, it was plain as day that something was up. He was doing the drowsy, half-yawn, gravely throat voice again. He's fucked up, and I'm not sure he'll be coming back to the show this time. Monday I'll bet we don't hear much about what is going on unless it comes from Artie himself. Howard will say it is Artie's story to tell, and just sound serious and sad about it. They have a TON to talk about as it is, so I doubt we will hear much anything unless there is an announcement to make.

Edit: wow, if that stuff cubanb just posted about him trying to off himself is true...

double edit: Actually, never mind. SFN is the source? Colin Quinn found him? Really doubt it.

ZeoVGM

Banned
cubanb said:
Multiple reports from paramedics, witnesses in the area. Who knows if it's true, but it's multiple people.

Wouldn't this be on TMZ as well? I don't get it, so these multiple reports went and posted on SFN?

cubanb

Banned
omg rite said:
Wouldn't this be on TMZ as well? I don't get it, so these multiple reports went and posted on SFN?
Like I said, I don't know if it's true. There are also a couple people on the something awful stern thread claiming they heard the same thing from their friends that work in emergency services in Hoboken.

nocode

cubanb said:
Like I said, I don't know if it's true. There are also a couple people on the something awful stern thread claiming they heard the same thing from their friends that work in emergency services in Hoboken.

Nah, its cool, just reporting what you heard. But really, who stabs themselves in the stomach, especially when you have a gut as big as his, to kill themselves. Isn't that one of the most painful and slow ways to go?

Top Bottom