• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

gdt

Leunam said:
What did he do?

He was just saying some crazy stuff about Artie when he called.

He even claimed Artie didn't want to die, but just didn't want go back to work :lol .

gdt

Count Dookkake said:
Man, that video got me choked up.

Addiction is so sad.

Yeah, that video was really sad.

Aside from that...

Hanzi is totally losing his mind right now :lol .

Leunam

Ah I see. Maybe Pete wants to know more and is genuinely concerned but just came off too harsh. Didn't catch it this morning.

Jube3

Leunam said:
Ah I see. Maybe Pete wants to know more and is genuinely concerned but just came off too harsh. Didn't catch it this morning.

He had some hard questions but he pushed a little too hard. He came off like a someone Trolling stern fan network at times.

nocode

gdt5016 said:
Haven't heard the show yet...

How was the Ashley Dupre interview?

Better than you would think. She answers pretty much everything, and Howard asks pretty much everything except personal details about the Spitzer stuff.

Jube3

gdt5016 said:
Man, Gilbert was so fucking awesome on yesterday's show.

Im in the gilbert in small doses camp myself. I would probably stop listening if he was made a regular but in small doses to me hes pretty funny (even if that obama "joke" was a little crazy).

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Started to listen on the replay today and it's so heartbreaking to hear about them visiting Artie. The way Gary described the visit and Howard talking to him...it seems like Artie is just not there emotionally. I hope Artie finds a good hobby like video game to take away the stress :lol

J2 Cool

waiting on some James Cameron still. Is it definitely happening? He was on Leno tonight, so I thought he may have made the rounds today but nope.

Jube3

Maklershed said:
Just wanted to let everyone know that Jack and Coke is playing on Comedy Central tonight at 10pm est

Thanks for the heads up, I just picked up too fat to fish and the Tracy Morgan book today. Needed something for a flight and thought why not, I've been meaning to read too fat to fish for a long time.

Looking back now on Too Fat To Fish, it's kinda weird to think how much Artie seemed to think of his life in the balance and how thankful he seemed to be of all the people that saved him (which according to his book feels like everyone he comes in contact with .. I think he credits at least 10 people with saving his life).

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i've missed a few shows in the new years... did howard ever reveal what supremely douchy thing ralph did while drunk on new years?

Joba62x

Neo Member
He got drunk and insulted all his guests very personally to the point of making everyone very uncomfortable, he talked about it at the end of Thursdays show and said he wouldn't go further until Ralph called in. Ralph then called in, but it was to late to talk about it by the time he did. He said it wouldn't be fair to the people if those things were said about them were repeated without Ralph on the phone to say why he did it. Also everyone came out against how Ralph runs the Geek show and what an asshole he is when it comes to the show , like telling others they can't do interviews with guests if he's not there.

I don't know if its the first time it was brought up but the original reason Ralph was banned from the apartment was that he threw up in the washing machine. This wasn't at the new years party but sometime before that. I had never heard that before.

nocode

Joba62x said:
I don't know if its the first time it was brought up but the original reason Ralph was banned from the apartment was that he threw up in the washing machine. This wasn't at the new years party but sometime before that. I had never heard that before.

It was in the Hamptons over the summer. He threw up everywhere, and put the sheets in the washing machine without cleaning them off first. Howard said there were carrots and shit left in the machine after he left. Ralph blamed it on a "concussion" he had a couple of days before.

The only detail he gave about this time was that Ralph was insulting Rob Zombie, possibly his movies.

Jube3

Anyone else feeling a bit meh on the show since the first week back? Too much Technoberry this week lol

Not me. I personally think its better than ever (although I miss Artie). Howard has really been fired up lately. I love him getting on Gary's case for the techno beaver stuff and the half hour dedicated to lambasting Benji on the 2/2 show was absolutely brilliant. I was laughing the whole time.

rjfs

Neo Member
Show has been good, though I definitely miss Artie. I know it's a huge long shot but I would love to see him come back, even if it's only once in a while. Also good to see the whack pack being featured more prominently.

Big negative recently is all of Howards manufactured rage. Sometimes it's pretty funny, but he's been going overboard recently.

So how does a girl like you get into classical piano? What are your interests? What are you into? You like to hang out? You like to drink?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
His whole outrage about Leno/Conan makes me skip over it. It's so not interesting and he seemingly spends an hour on it every day repeating the same points ad nauseum. More Richard, Sal, whackpackers please.

Jube3

Maklershed said:
So how does a girl like you get into classical piano? What are your interests? What are you into? You like to hang out? You like to drink?

Sure, uh huh, ya, sure :lol

That might be my favorite prank call at the moment. I like how the guy reciprocates and asks "Hollis" what his interests are and then realizes that he doesn't care and he wants to hang up.

Hollis? Yeah Howard who? Hollis who? Yeah Howard who? :lol

gdt

Wait...what?

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/idol_producers_want_howard_stern_YUKlMlwQkfqa7EgK1nvRaN

"American Idol" producers are eager to hire Howard Stern to replace Simon Cowell as the show's tough-talking judge, sources tell Page Six.

An insider said that producers of the hit Fox show say Stern, America's highest-paid radio personality, is their top choice to take over from Cowell, who leaves at the end of this season.

They approached the King of All Media after he repeatedly mentioned on-air that his exclusive Sirius XM Radio deal expires next January and he was open to other offers. Cowell was paid $50 million a year.

A source connected to "Idol" said, "It's one of the few shows that could compete with Stern's $100 million-a-year Sirius contract, and 'Idol' bosses think he'd be even nastier than Simon.

Here's the response...

EW said:
While the blogosphere is atwitter today over a New York Post report that American Idol has tapped radio jock Howard Stern as the leading candidate to replace Simon Cowell on the show’s judging panel in 2011, a source close to the show tells EW that “the search has just begun, nor are there any front-runners at this time.” Furthermore, “nobody’s going to be offered a job [as a permanent Idol judge] for a while,” the source added.

“We’re doing a very thorough search.” A call to Stern’s PR rep was not immediately returned.

Cowell announced last month he will not return to Idol for its 10th season next year, and will instead bring his X-Factor singing competition to Fox’s fall 2011 schedule.

The response is doesn't say anything btw. So the first article could very well be true.

Hmm...

I thought Howard was joking when he kept saying he was seeing reports about him being on Idol. I guess he was telling the truth.

All I can say is that is one awful show but I'd watch it to see Howard tear people new a-holes.

nocode

That would be terrible. The fact that it is The Howard Stern Show is why I listen. I want to hear Howard talk about what is on his mind, not judge some asshole in an edited talent contest.

ZeoVGM

Banned
gdt5016 said:
Wait...what?

Here's the response...

The response is doesn't say anything btw. So the first article could very well be true.

Hmm...

That would be... embarrassing. Really, Howard judging pop music? It would be stupid for both AI and Howard.

nocode

Count Dookkake said:
Not really, considering that Howard used to do that on his show from time to time.

Right, from time to time, for a short segment. Not as his full time job replacing Simon Cowell. American Idol has zero edge, and that is something Howard's shows always have maintained.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Count Dookkake said:
Not really, considering that Howard used to do that on his show from time to time.

It would definitely be embarrassing. Shock jock radio guy judging on American Idol? Please. The guy already only does 4 shows a week. One would think his fans would rather him do more radio before judging American fucking Idol.

Do you HONESTLY think he wouldn't be watered-down-as-fuck on a show like American Idol?

No chance of him doing this. I think the guy has become a hypocritical joke the past couple years but I don't see him doing this.

nocode

Count Dookkake said:
You may have missed this pattern. It is kind of subtle.

EDIT - Would throw Son of the Beach on there, but I forget where it fits in the time-line.

Pretty sure SOtB was between 5 & 6. You also missed his CBS sat night show.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it wouldn't be funny, but they are suggesting he REPLACE Simon Cowell as head judge after his contract is up. You want American Idol Stern instead of satellite radio Stern? Howard also always says never come in to replace something when it is at the top. Hell, he said it recently a shit load when the whole Conan thing went down.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Count Dookkake said:
Probably not as embarrassing as using the words "shock jock."

Not sure how a watered down version would hurt all that much. His talk show appearances seem to do well enough.

I was using "shock jock" as that's how he is looked at by the general populous and media. It's a stupid term, yes.

But again, even with the way he's been the past couple years, I don't see him doing this.

Van Owen

Banned
lol

Howard won't do Idol for the simple fact that he'd have to travel around the country during all the auditions and live be in LA for a large portion of the show. This is the guy that has trouble visiting his wife when she is in Vegas.

Top Bottom