• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Gary Whitta said:
My prediction: he will never be back on the Stern show.

I have other predictions too but they are too morbid to post.

lol yes, and I've always thought once he's off the show he would die soon after. Its the only distraction in his life.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
sad.

but i'd welcome more richard and sal gay shit :lol

gdt

Uh oh...

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b160177_artie_lange_hospitalized.html

Artie Lange isn't exactly ringing in the new year in tip-top shape.
Howard Stern's plus-sized sidekick has been hospitalized in New Jersey for an undisclosed ailment.

"We can confirm that Artie is in the hospital," Lange's camp said in a statement. "Artie has chosen to keep all information on this matter between him and his doctor. There will be no further comment."

Lange, who has a history of substance-abuse issues, had been MIA from Stern's satellite radio show since early December and canceled several stand-up gigs in recent weeks, including a New Year's Eve engagement. According to his website, all dates through February have also been scrapped.

The 42-year-old former MADtv star made the wrong kinds of headlines in 2009 for a DUI bust (for prescription sleeping pills) and a profane, homophobic appearance on HBO's Joe Buck Live—but he did also manage to release his first comedy album, Jack and Coke.

While Lange's health situation and Stern fate remain unclear, we're hopeful Howard will be chiming in on the situation when he comes back from his holiday hiatus on Monday.

Hopefully the rumors of a suicide attempt aren't true.

Edit: D'oh, this article is from last night.

Jube3

Man I wonder what the story tommorow is gonna be, I hope its not an "its arties story to tell" thing but it would not surprise me. Hope arties ok tommorows gonna be a busy show.

Weenerz

Banned
They won't mention Artie at all, he is far too PC these days to mention anything that could offend or lead to a lawsuit. TMZ and the other internet scumbags will give us the real details.

gdt

$100,000 prize for the Tiger Woods Beauty Pageant?

I can't wait for that :lol . It'll be awesome.

I love how Howard is ranting about how Charlie Sheen should be fired by his network while continuing to excuse/ignore everything Artie does.

(Yes I know what Sheen did is worse.)

gdt

That call about Jackie turning the entire history into his story was so true :lol . But thats why we all love Jackie.

That Jackie dinner story was awesome too.

gdt5016 said:
Does anyone else enjoy Geek Time? I'm catching up right now, and it's great.

And Damon Lindelof (!) has been on a couple times. Including the most recent episode.
I really like Geek Time other than Ralph pretending to know everything. Other than action figures and the occasional comic, he doesn't seem like much of a geek.

I like Artie, but really the only reason I want him back is because less Artie usually means more Robin, and I hate that. I already skip the news after I've listened to about ten minutes.

Jube3

johnsenclan said:
I really like Geek Time other than Ralph pretending to know everything. Other than action figures and the occasional comic, he doesn't seem like much of a geek.

I like Artie, but really the only reason I want him back is because less Artie usually means more Robin, and I hate that. I already skip the news after I've listened to about ten minutes.

Yea, I did like hearing more Fred at the start but that faded off quickly.

Jube3

Damn I went to medicatedpete.com when he had 719 people on it and I refreshed just now and hes at 800. Petes blowing up :lol

nocode

Just popping in to point out that I was dead on with my prediction on how Howard would handle the Artie situation........BAM!

I know, I know, it wasn't hard to predict

ZeoVGM

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
I love how Howard is ranting about how Charlie Sheen should be fired by his network while continuing to excuse/ignore everything Artie does.

(Yes I know what Sheen did is worse.)

That's part of the reason I've hated Stern for a few years now. There's a lot of above-it-all hypocrisy.

What exactly did he say about the Artie situation?

gdt

omg rite said:
That's part of the reason I've hated Stern for a few years now. There's a lot of above-it-all hypocrisy.

What exactly did he say about the Artie situation?

Umm, nothing, as he should've.

The family put out a press release saying they want to keep it private (I posted it above), so Howard respected that.

And really, theres a difference between Charlie Sheen and Artie. A big one.

PacoDG

Howard talked about Artie for a few minutes this morning. He said they’ve received a lot of emails about Artie and proceeded to read a couple. Yesterday, Howard said that he wanted to play some Artie clips during an upcoming show. This morning, Howard said Tim wants to run an Artie Lange special on Martin Luther King Day. So now Howard and Tim will have a meeting to determine what to do.
- http://savebabygorilla.com/2010/01/05/artie-watch/

wtf @ all the comments from that post off that blog. I didn't get to hear this morning's show, but today I listened to yesterday's show, and I honestly can't get a vibe of whether he is fired or not yet

Jube3

Theres definitely something missing with that chair empty. I wish they would just go to a rotating setup until(if) artie comes back). Also no more Limbaugh for the rest of the month please lol

theJwac

Gary Whitta said:
The Sarah Palin audiobook clips are the funniest stuff they've done in ages, I almost had to pull the car over :lol
It is Richard and Sal's magnum opus. I was dying at work yesterday. Can anyone provide a copy to download?

DJ_Tet

Banned
theJwac said:
It is Richard and Sal's magnum opus. I was dying at work yesterday. Can anyone provide a copy to download?

Naa, that was the Steve Langford/Sour Shoes prank call. The audiobook is funny as hell but man, the hell they put Langford through slowly over months is something that will be hard to top.

theJwac

DJ_Tet said:
Naa, that was the Steve Langford/Sour Shoes prank call. The audiobook is funny as hell but man, the hell they put Langford through slowly over months is something that will be hard to top.
Damnit DJ, you are right.

Jube3

Wow thats really violent. Jesus. Hope he comes through this today.

Shows been really interesting and funny today. Tracy providing Fred with a ton of material lol.

gdt

I kinda got a feeling it was true when Howard thought up to present an Artie tribute/memorial :lol .

But yeah, thats awful. And his mom found him? Yeesh.

dem

He always says that he hates what he's doing to his mom with all this drug shit..

Now he stabs himself 9 times and his mom finds him?

oy veh

dem

I thought Howard talked about it today in the second hour..

(from reading a brief summary.. i havent listened yet)

Jube3

Howard addresses it and says some really nice things. Really good show today and the wrap up should be really good too.

I need the bababooey bad romance parady song that thing is awesome :lol

saiftk

Banned
gdt5016 said:
I'm assuming this coming Thursday. He said the Fox people asked him to please see Avatar before Cameron comes in, and Howard said he's seeing it either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Argh...I thought it was going to be this week. Thanks.

Jube3

Perez Hilton posted a rumor that Sirius XM is getting ready to pink slip Artie.

He claims Mel already told Howard and the company is waiting until Artie is in stable condition to axe him.

Steve Langford was all over the rumor in a Howard 100 News break, with Tim Sabean shooting it down.

“It is absolutely false,” stated Tim, “Artie is very much a part of these channels, and we look forward to Artie’s fast recovery, and we wish him all the best.”

Update on arties status with the company

Why would they fire Artie? He's a huge part of the show. As long as he's mentally and physically fit to continue, he should.

Has there been any information about why Artie missed time in December (before the suicide attempt)?

PacoDG

Synth_floyd said:
Why would they fire Artie? He's a huge part of the show. As long as he's mentally and physically fit to continue, he should.

Has there been any information about why Artie missed time in December (before the suicide attempt)?

Times were rough around what would have been his father's birthday (*i think*)

He was taking Klonopin/clonazepam (around the same time I believe JD started taking xanax).

For an addict, klonopin's are a big time no no, i have no doubts that was either the cause or at least a big part of his downfall. He should have known better imo.

nocode

PacoDG said:
Times were rough around what would have been his father's birthday (*i think*)

He was taking Klonopin/clonazepam (around the same time I believe JD started taking xanax).

For an addict, klonopin's are a big time no no, i have no doubts that was either the cause or at least a big part of his downfall. He should have known better imo.

I would say he probably never really stayed off heroin for very long at all. He got better at lying about it, but I doubt he stayed away.

nocode said:
I would say he probably never really stayed off heroin for very long at all. He got better at lying about it, but I doubt he stayed away.

From the change in his physical appearance I disagree, I think he managed to get off heroin for probably the better part of a year or more. But the guy is a wreck. Hell, chain smoking, poor diet and sleep deprivation alone can really jack you up and keep you way far away from how a normal 'sober' person should feel.

Top Bottom