• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

I was in tears yesterday listening to that newest Tradio call with the Peanut Pump, Mike Morales Knob Polisher, and Tess Tical birthday shout out.

Does anyone know if there's a live show today? I thought maybe they'd have off due to the snow.

gdt

Howard isn't gonna be put off by a snow storm.

I think he's only missed the show once, ever. And he came to the studio, did about an hour, but his voice gave out.

One show in 30 years.

Do you all see Howard re-signing?

I don't think Sirius can afford to pay him what he thinks he deserves. Maybe he will do a later show only a few times a week or something similar?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Completely agree. I will usually just go to marksfriggin, read the rundown, and avoid the times when he talks about AI. The show has been pretty bad the last few weeks. Bring in bigfoot, the beet, or bring elliot offen back. Do something different. He's in full-on coast mode.

Last week's laughing with the stars was a mixed bag (Kathy Griffin's favorite clips were all clips of her own appearances on the show, what a fucking surprise), but the Bababooey girlfriend apology/please-take-me-back tape was something I'd never heard before and surely one of the all-time great moments in the history of the show. Holy shit, I must have listened to it three times and was loving it every time.

The guy who called in from the freeway to say he could see everyone in their cars listening along in hysterics really showed just how huge Stern was back when he was on terrestrial radio.

Gary Whitta said:
Last week's laughing with the stars was a mixed bag (Kathy Griffin's favorite clips were all clips of her own appearances on the show, what a fucking surprise), but the Bababooey girlfriend apology/please-take-me-back tape was something I'd never heard before and surely one of the all-time great moments in the history of the show. Holy shit, I must have listened to it three times and was loving it every time.

The guy who called in from the freeway to say he could see everyone in their cars listening along in hysterics really showed just how huge Stern was back when he was on terrestrial radio.
My professional life is a noin. :lol

I love the Booey math in that as well.

I lost a lover and a friend but gained a friend, you lost a lover and a friend but gained a lover and a friend. :lol

Also, take a tip from me and don't start saying "hello, hello" as an inside joke or to mock Gary because that's what my friend and I did and now we seriously can't stop saying it. I say it to my secretary every single morning. Its a sickness.

CaptainABAB

MagicJackBauer said:
Has there been any news on Artie?

Howard briefly talked about Artie this morning - due to a caller complaining about the AI talk and wanting info on Artie.

Said there is no news on Artie. Was a little harsh at one point, saying "Artie getting out of bed" is the most you can hope for.

Wow this Dina girl from the 2/23 show hit the nail on the head about American Idol. Give it up already. Lets hear more bashing on Bababooey.

Leunam

The doodie on the floor saga is making Howard/Gary take drastic measures. I agree with Howard, have Medicated Pete monitor the bathroom.

PacoDG

I actually am fine with Joans appearances all the time. At the moment, I am still prefer having ANY guest than just the Howard/Robin show (unless Fred would be even more vocal dammit, he is always awesome).

OR, an intern must be in the room at all time. Maybe not talking, but in the room to be berated, used, abused, etc

Leunam

I like seeing the interns or Gary get blasted. Especially Gary, because Howard and Fred break out the awesome Gary voice.

PacoDG

Leunam said:
I like seeing the interns or Gary get blasted. Especially Gary, because Howard and Fred break out the awesome Gary voice.

I don't know how long it has been going on now (it's only the past year I've been listening a bit more daily).. but damn Gary has grown some balls. I mean, I know he isn't going to get fired, but the way he argues back with Howard and Robin is great (and he should argue like he does because.. fuck.. he has earned it with his time put in with the crew)

I'm considering the idea of having a house built by hand later this year and I think I'm gonna steal Howard's man town idea and have a urinal installed. :lol

They just rotate constantly between Jesse Ventura, Joan Rivers, Tracy Morgan, and Lisa Lampanelli. And of those guests, the only one that's still entertaining is Tracy.

Top Bottom