• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official HP Touchpad Thread of $100 Digital Picture Frames

DJ_Tet

Banned
Both crash on your 0.6? That sucks, I was going to update tonight.

Try the new fix, humble bundle just tweeted that they fixed Edge Classic if you have green screen issues.

I downloaded the new version and installed it over the old one and it works now. Just finished the first level.

1-D_FTW

Both crash on your 0.6? That sucks, I was going to update tonight.

Try the new fix, humble bundle just tweeted that they fixed Edge Classic if you have green screen issues.

I downloaded the new version and installed it over the old one and it works now. Just finished the first level.

Both work now.

I think you downloaded a little later and got one of the fixed versions when you did. Both my original files were 20.x MBs and both updated files are now 23.x MB. So that's cool.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Both work now.

I think you downloaded a little later and got one of the fixed versions when you did. Both my original files were 20.x MBs and both updated files are now 23.x MB. So that's cool.
Yeah my original Edge Extended was 23 mb while the Edge Classic was 20 mb. I got the bundle around 2 pm eastern.

Glad to hear they are both working now though, going to update my TP then :)

1-D_FTW

Saw a thread where someone was complaining the touchpad "improvements" were kind of crappy. And a bunch of people jumped on him for being wrong.

Just tried playing Flick Golf and it's literally unplayable. You can't hit shots strong enough with the touch detection of this "upgrade." Definitely to be avoided if you haven't done it yet.

what games are you guys planing to buy on this after android? I do not want advertising based games. Does GTA works? What is THE game to get?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Well I don't know where you would check your settings for gapps version. You should have flashed it in CWM after installing 0.5 ICS via a zip file.

Open app drawer, tap and hold on the Market app, then drag it up, then drag it to "APP INFO" or something like that, that shows up at the top

pooperdoodles, I've just tried to run and install the gapps stuff from the OP and no luck, downloads still hang

Wow, been a long time since I saw spam on gaf, legit spam at least.

My god.

This guy tried really hard LOL.

E-mail not from gmail or hotmail
Wait 2-36 months
Remember you signed up for the account and realize you got junior'd.

All just to talk about uggs

1-D_FTW

Tried downloading the rollback to the .5 touchpad driver and that sucks just as much as .6.

Flick Golf controlled like a dream with the original alpha and controls like sludge now. I hope they don't really believe this is the path the touch screen is supposed to be going down. Because it sucks.

Echoplx

You want to only wipe android or do you want to wipe EVERYTHING to make it like stock? you need to use ACMEUNINSTALLER

Yeah, I was hoping I could just format back to WebOS only through clockwork but oh well, clearing all my userdata fixed the issues I was having (some crap that was carried over from CM7 was causing issues)

Ashhong

Yeah, I was hoping I could just format back to WebOS only through clockwork but oh well, clearing all my userdata fixed the issues I was having (some crap that was carried over from CM7 was causing issues)

Yea it was recommended that you wipe the CM7 partition completely before installing CM9. ACMEuninstaller is really easy though if you want to take it out in the future.

Yea it was recommended that you wipe the CM7 partition completely before installing CM9. ACMEuninstaller is really easy though if you want to take it out in the future.

Does ACMEuninstaller work with CM9, as I have to send my Touchpad in for repair. I tried the remove Android install in Preware, but I think it leaves files.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I can't seem to find this setting anywhere?

Oh I suppose it's not in the stock browser. Download ICSbrowser+ from the market. It's an improved version of the stock browser. I'm not sure if it works on the touchpad though. Should be working.

You know, that is a good question. I didn't think of that, not sure, but yes I think so.

Yes, it works. Just tried it.

For those wanting the instructions, look here:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10877-acme-uninstaller/

However, like the last poster, I ran into
Uninstaller stops with "reclaiming unconnected clusters

I did delete the recommended files (Android, Android Secure and Lost Dir). I did also find a few obvious app folders like Pulse. I saw a Tunnybrowser folder, but I'm not sure if it was from Android. Just Googled, yes, it is. It belongs to DolphinHD.

Definitely difficult to find what folder belongs to which OS.

Doopliss

Tried downloading the rollback to the .5 touchpad driver and that sucks just as much as .6.

Flick Golf controlled like a dream with the original alpha and controls like sludge now. I hope they don't really believe this is the path the touch screen is supposed to be going down. Because it sucks.
Yeah, fuck those guys for trying to make improvements to the touch screen! How dare they interfere with your Flick Golf playing.

1-D_FTW

Yeah, fuck those guys for trying to make improvements to the touch screen! How dare they interfere with your Flick Golf playing.

WTF are you talking about? It's not sampling enough. Coming up with algorithms that correct perceived flaws and don't sample enough is kind of a fucking problem. A huge fucking problem. Flick Golf is a great example because it exposes the problem and can't be hidden.

Maybe you don't want a tablet that handles with reference parameters, but I do.

Either way, the problem is greatly helped if I use 2 fingers. But every once in a while it'll still dribble a couple feet (which never happened on alpha 0).

Doopliss

WTF are you talking about? It's not sampling enough. Coming up with algorithms that correct perceived flaws and don't sample enough is kind of a fucking problem. A huge fucking problem. Flick Golf is a great example because it exposes the problem and can't be hidden.

Maybe you don't want a tablet that handles with reference parameters, but I do.

Either way, the problem is greatly helped if I use 2 fingers. But every once in a while it'll still dribble a couple feet (which never happened on alpha 0).
To me the last two alpha releases making touchscreen adjustments seems to suggest that it might still be a work in progress. If you think you know specifically where the devs are going wrong then why don't you try to contribute instead of just disparaging their work on here?

DJ_Tet

Banned
Just did the HP chat to get my touchpad speakers repaired.

It was fairly painless, I told him I had done the webOS doctor a couple of times to factory restore it, and he asked which link I used.

Found a link in their official forums and sent it to him. Then he asked me to go through the doctor process again.

I told him that the speaker problem was intermittent and wouldn't necessarily happen right away, but that I had been messing with it long enough to know that it WOULD happen. In essence telling him I would lie to him if it didn't happen right away.

I said I just wanted to use my warranty and send it in, and he didn't make me do the Doctor.

Good guy, thanks Duncan.

Just did the HP chat to get my touchpad speakers repaired.

It was fairly painless, I told him I had done the webOS doctor a couple of times to factory restore it, and he asked which link I used.

Found a link in their official forums and sent it to him. Then he asked me to go through the doctor process again.

I told him that the speaker problem was intermittent and wouldn't necessarily happen right away, but that I had been messing with it long enough to know that it WOULD happen. In essence telling him I would lie to him if it didn't happen right away.

I said I just wanted to use my warranty and send it in, and he didn't make me do the Doctor.

Good guy, thanks Duncan.
What is this speaker problem?

Mine some times gives out some corrupted sound, I thought it was a CM9 bug.

DJ_Tet

Banned
What is this speaker problem?

Mine some times gives out some corrupted sound, I thought it was a CM9 bug.

Read the thread, I've posted about it a ton of times. Others have had problems too.

If you haven't had issues in webOS then you're probably ok. I was hoping the problem would go away with CM7 or CM9 but it didn't.

It's a hardware issue.

I've been playing the hell out of Dungeon Raid.

Also, the Humble Indie Bundle is currently going on and features Android versions of very good games.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Mega Mall Story took over my life for like 30 hours.

If you like puzzle games, Triple town is pretty awesome and addictive.

Thanks for suggestions. One question does the free games which have advertisement usually do any data sharing or is it just advertisement? Bundle btw.

reKon

Banned
I know plenty of great paid for game which I got in the Christmas sale. As far as free... shoot the apple, zombie dash, defender, blood and glory (infinity blade clone), ninjump, triple town... all crack

DJ_Tet

Banned
I'm only 95% certain based on what people have posted here and what I've read elsewhere.

All I can speak to is my own experience and it's happened in webOS, CM7 and CM9, and in various programs and web streaming.

Also, it's not something I can replicate. I can reboot the tablet and do exactly what I did that caused the speakers to crackle, and it will work fine. For awhile.

I'd go ahead and see if you can get it repaired while it's still under warranty.

How stable is cm9 now? I really only use my touchpad browsing and Netflix.

DolphinHD is smoother than the default browser in WebOS; however, you're going to lose out on Flash/HTML5.

And Netflix doesn't work in CM9 for the same reason, no hardware acceleration.

Sound isn't working well.

The camera doesn't work.

Wifi is not quite there.

Yadda, yadda. If you look on the thread on rootzwiki, it has the full list. One of the great things about this project is the dual-booting, so you don't lose out on the basic tablet functionality.

The main problem with WebOS is lack of app support, crappy browser, crappy Adobe Acrobat and slow out of the box.

But who knows in six months, maybe everyone in this thread might migrate to whatever the WebOS community develops now that it's become open sourced.

Top Bottom