• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official HP Touchpad Thread of $100 Digital Picture Frames

Ashhong

Yea, I believe ICS changed it all up.

Is anybody able to download and install Draw Something Free from the market? Even when on an official DPI it says incompatible for me. I was able to install it using an apk I downloaded but it's a no go from the market.

reKon

Banned
Yea, I believe ICS changed it all up.

Is anybody able to download and install Draw Something Free from the market? Even when on an official DPI it says incompatible for me. I was able to install it using an apk I downloaded but it's a no go from the market.

Yes, I was just playing it (got it from the market). A lot easier to draw on here compared to the Nexus

I might be purchasing one of these from a coworker who wants to get an iPad 3. Is Ice Cream Sandwich fully running on this? And how is watching twitchtv/own3d on this thing?

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I might be purchasing one of these from a coworker who wants to get an iPad 3. Is Ice Cream Sandwich fully running on this? And how is watching twitchtv/own3d on this thing?

From the browser, 480p runs great. I watch own3d/twitch HD streams on the elliptical machine with splashtop HD. No lag with that method

Fatalah

Hey, Chrome Beta now works without being forced out by Google's device requirements. I'm finding it to be much slower than stock.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Tried to start installing Android on my Touchpad. Got to the part where you reset the tablet and hold the volume up key until the USB symbol shows up, but nothing has happened since that point; Tablet is just sitting there with the USB icon on the screen. Can't reset it, can't do anything. Don't see any obvious way to get to the battery to just take it out, so I guess I'll just have to wait until the battery runs out and hope that resets it.

Tried to start installing Android on my Touchpad. Got to the part where you reset the tablet and hold the volume up key until the USB symbol shows up, but nothing has happened since that point; Tablet is just sitting there with the USB icon on the screen. Can't reset it, can't do anything. Don't see any obvious way to get to the battery to just take it out, so I guess I'll just have to wait until the battery runs out and hope that resets it.
Have you tried holding the power button and the home button at the same time, for about 30 seconds?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I wouldn't mind the camera working, them fixing the audio bug, the brightness and rotation lock back, and of course better battery life. This thing prevented me from splurging on an iPad 3. I know that it's not as good, but I'll be damned if it isn't good enough.

Crappy, crappy night last night. Bricked my Touchpad trying to install CM9, then cracked the display glass trying to rescue it by removing the battery.

Remember, Kids: St. Patrick's Day & Following Instructions Correctly don't mix.

Ronabo

damn dude that sucks.

I'm still running CM7. Kinda have no need for CM9 since all I do is use Dolphin, Netflix and MX video player.

railGUN

Banned
Posting from my now ICS TouchPad. Process was fairly straightforward, except I wasn't able to do the actual install on my Mac using terminal, kept getting an error, so I did it on my PC and had no issues. Not sure how much I like Android, but I need to play with it a lot more. Everything seems snappy though, kind of cool having the dual boot option.

fse

Crappy, crappy night last night. Bricked my Touchpad trying to install CM9, then cracked the display glass trying to rescue it by removing the battery.

Remember, Kids: St. Patrick's Day & Following Instructions Correctly don't mix.

why remove the battery?

Ashhong

Whats the best way to switch from CM7 to CM9?

1. Download the CM9 zip file
2. boot into CWM
3. Wipe data/cache/dalvik cache
4. Install CM9 zip from SD card

done!

If you want to try it, you can install the CM9 zip without wiping data. Still wipe cache and dalvik cache though. This can cause bugs. Only do it if you absolutely can't lose settings or data in the Android partition.

So yeah, I haven't touched my Touchpad since I got my new iPad.. It honestly does not compare at all and I can't believe HP tried to sell these just last year for $500 initially when the iPad 2 was out. I'll probably keep it around for all the cool emulators and stuff I have on it but other than that it has served its stopgap purpose for me.

Ashhong

Gotcha

And then I use ACMEInstaller2 to wipe the CM7 data and install CM9?

No, you use Clockworkmod. No need for ACME unless you want to keep your data from CM7. I made a mistake in my steps earlier. If you want to keep the data, use ACMEinstaller2 to install CM9.

If you want to wipe data and start fresh (best choice) use CWM to wipe data and install CM9.

No, you use Clockworkmod. No need for ACME unless you want to keep your data from CM7. I made a mistake in my steps earlier. If you want to keep the data, use ACMEinstaller2 to install CM9.

If you want to wipe data and start fresh (best choice) use CWM to wipe data and install CM9.

Ok, and we're talking the CWM that I got with CM7?

why remove the battery?

I had read that it was a way of possibly resetting the TP if it had become completely non-responsive (which it was).

But like I said, it wasn't my finest hour, so please don't try to read anything helpful from my activities (except maybe what NOT to do).

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Wtf just happened right now haha.

So I'm at my college library killing time using my Touchpad loaded with ICS, so I plug in my headphones and load up Netflix. Looking through my queue, I start up an episode of Workaholics and proceeded to chill out. About 5 minutes in, I start noticing people giving me looks, and I was like I know I'm handsome and all, but damn people give me some alone time. Anyway, I was watching the Juggalo episode and if anyone is familiar, in the start of the episode, Montes a character in the show starts describing crudely how he had sex with his wife that morning, well guess what part everyone heard. This stupid device was still playing sound through the speakers even with my headphones connected lol. I didn't realize it until this dude to my right tapped me on the shoulder and told me. I then proceeded to quickly apologize to the people around me and now here I am typing this out on GAF.

Ashhong

So I'm at my college library killing time using my Touchpad loaded with ICS, so I plug in my headphones and load up Netflix. Looking through my queue, I start up an episode of Workaholics and proceeded to chill out. About 5 minutes in, I start noticing people giving me looks, and I was like I know I'm handsome and all, but damn people give me some alone time. Anyway, I was watching the Juggalo episode and if anyone is familiar, in the start of the episode, Montes a character in the show starts describing crudely how he had sex with his wife that morning, well guess what part everyone heard. This stupid device was still playing sound through the speakers even with my headphones connected lol. I didn't realize it until this dude to my right tapped me on the shoulder and told me. I then proceeded to quickly apologize to the people around me and now here I am typing this out on GAF.

lol you just been touchpad'ed!

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?

Lol. What CM version are you on?

Violater

So I'm in the library just now and some dude had his touchpad blaring loudly annoying everyone.....
3AQmK.gif

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I was just about to install the Android Market when it occurred to me that it recently switched from being the Market to being Play or something like that on my phone. Will installing the Market still work on my Touchpad (meaning will it install correctly then just update itself to the Play store)?

::edit::

Nevermind, I just went ahead and did it and it updated to Play just fine.

Ashhong

I was just about to install the Android Market when it occurred to me that it recently switched from being the Market to being Play or something like that on my phone. Will installing the Market still work on my Touchpad (meaning will it install correctly then just update itself to the Play store)?

Hmmm I believe so. If not, you can just find the apk for the new one on google easily

edit: or flash the latest gapps.zip file that should have the latest market

So I'm in the library just now and some dude had his touchpad blaring loudly annoying everyone.....
3AQmK.gif

I just hope it's not happening to him what happened to me. For some reason sound was coming out from both the headphones and the speakers and I didn't even notice.

Luckily a nice lady warned me about it before some anime intro song started playing lol

iirate

I just hope it's not happening to him what happened to me. For some reason sound was coming out from both the headphones and the speakers and I didn't even notice.

Luckily a nice lady warned me about it before some anime intro song started playing lol

No, I noticed the same issue a few weeks ago while on the train.

How do I make sure I am downloading the tablet version of games off the Play store. I want to get angry birds space but not the smaller phone version.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I tried getting angry birds space and my market went bonkers. Now I get "server error" every time I load up the market. I flashed gapps again and same problem. Any ideas?

Top Bottom