• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official HP Touchpad Thread of $100 Digital Picture Frames

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Thanks for the help, but that didn't work. It was not a full wipe, though, because my apps were still there. How do I do a full wipe? I'm still getting "server error" and its time for the nuclear option.

Ashhong

Thanks for the help, but that didn't work. It was not a full wipe, though, because my apps were still there. How do I do a full wipe? I'm still getting "server error" and its time for the nuclear option.

In CWM select "wipe data" then install CM9, then the latest Google Apps.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
In CWM select "wipe data" then install CM9, then the latest Google Apps.

Thanks, but I figured out the problem. Google thinks I'm outside the US and is trying to shut me out of the Play store. Amazon doesn't seem to mind that I live in a fully recognized US territory, their app store works just fine.

That's the last straw, I'm selling this thing and buying an ipad. You guys can start a new thread or PM me when you want something changed in the OP. The touchpad was easily the best $99 electronic device I ever bought, I have no hard feelings about it, and ICS is remarkably competent on it. I have issues with both the webos and google markets now trying to shut me out, plus all the other little bugs just add up. Too few tablet apps as well.

Ashhong

hmmm there is an easy way to fix region blocking in the play store i think if you are still interested. but it sounds like you really want an ipad

IMACOMPUTA

So I was using my touchpad a while ago (im on ICS 0.6 i think) and the battery died. I plugged it in and went to bed.
When I woke up it was still on the boot animation screen.

I've tried all kinds of things and its just stuck there. :(
I can obviously get into CWM, etc. but i cant boot up CM9.

Any advice or reasoning for this happening? It happened out of nowhere.

God DAMMIT!!!
This just happened for the second time.
Infinite cm9 boot animation.
Not really willing to fucking reformat again and start over.

What the fuck, man. Is there any way to fix this without losing everything?

IMACOMPUTA

mmmm you can try installing the CM9 zip without wiping the data first. just wipe cache and dalvik cache. see what happens

I tried this and it still gives me the boot animation infinite loop. It's definitely tied to the power dying on the touchpad.

Major bummer.

Petrie

Banned
So I used WebOSDr to fix my device, though it seems to have removed CM7/9 entirely. Could someone point me in the direction of the latest software/tutorial in order to get the latest version of CM9 back on there?

So I used WebOSDr to fix my device, though it seems to have removed CM7/9 entirely. Could someone point me in the direction of the latest software/tutorial in order to get the latest version of CM9 back on there?

It's in the OP. The process hasn't changed, put files in folder, blah, blah.

SRG01

Every time this is bumped, I'm click in hopes of a new os update.

I again leave disappointed.

It's been said that the updates will be slowing and that the next release will be a major one. You can always download the nightly builds from Rootzwiki if you want new builds.

1-D_FTW

It's been said that the updates will be slowing and that the next release will be a major one. You can always download the nightly builds from Rootzwiki if you want new builds.

There hasn't been an official update since Alpha 2. And that was quite a while ago. Think that's why so many of us hope to be surprised when we see the thread.

Mission

Sorry Troll, having ICS on my TouchPad I would never go to an IPad now. Little things like the widgets totally make the experience, not to mention the multitasking.

saunderez

Why would I sell something I paid $150 for and am using on a daily basis to replace it with something that will cost $700 and allow me to do absolutely nothing I can't already do....

SRG01

Why would I sell something I paid $150 for and am using on a daily basis to replace it with something that will cost $700 and allow me to do absolutely nothing I can't already do....

I would sell this tablet if I could get one at around the same price point that has video out.

Violater

Lol it's just the CM codename for the device. No idea why they went with tenderloin.

I see, thanks, I will wait till after next week to update, I need to use my TP to flip through notes for a presentation and don't want to risk anything going wrong before then.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?

This. Also got a touchstone this week and its really some wizardry shit. I still don't think its worth spending the $500 difference for iOS games and the screen.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Nighties are now being posted at get.cm

Not much visible change other than a slight performance bump in a few of my games (Anomaly).

Can't believe people are still fucking with this. Did so for several months, after I sold it for an iPad I never looked back. Yeah, even for a device that cheap consider how much time you're actually messing it to get it to work right and be decent. That's worth $$ too, and I don't miss it.

cbox

Is there a dumbass guide to installing the latest and best android version whn I have preware and many patches on my tp? I'm curious to try finally

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Can't believe people are still fucking with this. Did so for several months, after I sold it for an iPad I never looked back. Yeah, even for a device that cheap consider how much time you're actually messing it to get it to work right and be decent. That's worth $$ too, and I don't miss it.

Glad to hear that you found something that you enjoy. I don't see upgrading a ROM from ROM manager once in a while being too time consuming but I understand where you're coming from. Everyone has different uses for their tablet and mine is just browsing the internet and reading manga. It does an excellent job and never had an issue with slowdown or anything for it.

Is there a dumbass guide to installing the latest and best android version whn I have preware and many patches on my tp? I'm curious to try finally

Don't have to worry about preware or patches for installing CM9

General info about installing it and disclaimer:
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/18843-releasealpha2-cyanogenmod-9-touchpad/

Guide:
http://www.commonitman.com/2012/03/how-to-install-cm9-onto-hp-touchpad.html

The link below has the latest CM9 nightly build so switch that with #4 above

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?type=nightly&device=tenderloin

J-Rod

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody know of a keyboard app I can get that has directional arrows to move the cursor around? My phone came with one (evo 4G) and it really annoys me to not have it on my Android Touchpad.

I'm not having any problems at all, and the only issue I had when installing was due to a bad set of directions (i thought the pad hung on the USB screen, but actually it was just awaiting input). I don't really need GPS or a camera on my pad since I have those on my phone and I haven't had any problems with all the software I do use.

IceCold

Is it better to use the acmeinstaller2 to get cm9 (if you already have cm7) or are you better off wiping your data and starting over?

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.

WebOS web browser works pretty darn good, and I'm still running a very early android build on it in dual boot.

It runs apps, reads comics nicely, and surfs the web.

I've had less problems with this thing than some of my friends with their cheap budget android tablets they paid more for, and that are smaller.

cbox

Glad to hear that you found something that you enjoy. I don't see upgrading a ROM from ROM manager once in a while being too time consuming but I understand where you're coming from. Everyone has different uses for their tablet and mine is just browsing the internet and reading manga. It does an excellent job and never had an issue with slowdown or anything for it.

Don't have to worry about preware or patches for installing CM9

General info about installing it and disclaimer:
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/18843-releasealpha2-cyanogenmod-9-touchpad/

Guide:
http://www.commonitman.com/2012/03/how-to-install-cm9-onto-hp-touchpad.html

The link below has the latest CM9 nightly build so switch that with #4 above

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?type=nightly&device=tenderloin

thx!

Top Bottom