• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official HP Touchpad Thread of $100 Digital Picture Frames

Rorschach

I use it for a couple of different reasons as well. It's browser isn't treated as mobile. In addition to this the wifi is rock solid, from my experiences with Android it's been hit or miss.
You can toggle desktop mode in Dolphin. There's even an add-on that makes it a simple swipe to do so. I still use WebOS for some things, though. Just sayin'.

Peagles

Still using WebOS here too. Have ICS installed but hardly ever boot into it due to battery and WiFi issues. Good to see there might be some updates to fix those, but WebOS is definitely worth keeping around.

Godslay

Banned
You can toggle desktop mode in Dolphin. There's even an add-on that makes it a simple swipe to do so. I still use WebOS for some things, though. Just sayin'.

I understand. The main problem is the wifi really. It just randomly disconnects, and I have to cycle it off and then back on to get it to reconnect.

Joe

Is the charging port going bad a known issue? I think mine is starting to go because its been acting weird lately....

Edit: I'm fairly certain now its not the port but yet another cable. Seriously I've gone through 4 USB cables now, my touchpad just eats them for dinner. I don't get it! How can a device ruin so many wires? Is it defective? Is it something I'm doing? I never put the cables through stress for prolonged periods of time. Wtf!

Rorschach

I understand. The main problem is the wifi really. It just randomly disconnects, and I have to cycle it off and then back on to get it to reconnect.
Yeah, if I had that problem, I probably wouldn't use it either. :/

The major problem I have right now is USB connect. Computer detects it. Android realizes it's connected. Yet, I can't get the drive to pop up on my computer unless it's with WebOS. Everything else is fine.

Yeah, if I had that problem, I probably wouldn't use it either. :/

The major problem I have right now is USB connect. Computer detects it. Android realizes it's connected. Yet, I can't get the drive to pop up on my computer unless it's with WebOS. Everything else is fine.

Go into settings, storage, menu dots, usb comp.conn, and make sure mtp is checked. Then it should show up on your PC.

Last night and for the first time ever I experienced batter life issues with mine... I grabbed the Touchpad before going to sleep to check the battery (as I like it to have some charge as I tend to use it in bed in the morning), and I was expecting the battery meter to report something like 75% (based on what I vaguely remember it was the last time I used it a few hours earlier), but was shocked to see it 38%... It never dropped that fast while idle for me before. But I didn't want to put it on the Touchstone charger cause it's not convenient to reach for it from bed, and I knew from experience that 38% is more than plenty enough for my morning usage. So I put it on the side and went to sleep.

Woke up 9 hours later, grabbed the Touchpad and hit the power button... nothing. Hit it again, nothing... The fuck? The battery was DEAD. This has literally never happened to me before in all the time I've been using it.

The only change I can think of that could have caused this drastic drainage in battery is that I installed Adobe Flash Player yesterday... Going to do some tests and see if it is to blame, would uninstall it in a heartbeat if it is.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
so ive started using android in earnest and i dont get how all these free high production value games are making money, even with microtransactions. is this bubble gunna burst?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
anyone know how to connect a cm9 touchpad to a win 7 pc? the diver install keeps failing

edit: found the solution on xda:

"Did you go into settings/storage/tap 3 mini squares on top/USB connections and then check Media device MTP.
I have 042212 installed and connect just fine.
HTH"

dream

The HP team responsible for Enyo — webOS's HTML5-based application framework that debuted on the TouchPad — will be leaving the company and starting at Google shortly, The Verge has learned. What this means for the future of Open webOS is unclear; Enyo and the developers supporting it are central to HP's open source strategy for the operating system going forward, and it's hard to say whether this move will have any effect on the planned late 2012 release for version 1.0.

RIP Open webOS.

I've got this one bug that still drives me nuts.

If I let the battery drain to zero (which happens practically overnight in the latest build I installed), it will not charge under CM9. It'll run under power from the charger, but the battery simply won't charge. So, I have to reboot it, and wait for it to gather enough charge to get into the boot loader, in which case I have 10 seconds to catch it and boot it into WebOS in order to charge the battery again.

The battery will charge in CM9 if it's not totally drained.

Ummmm, how do I transfer files via USB to my ICS TP from my laptop

I have USB connected but the tablet isn't coming up as a drive

Other than booting into webos

Joe

Hi guys....

My sisters TP has one of the last if not last cm7 builds installed on it and the keyboard has suddenly started acting wonky.

When she types an "E" for example it will input a "3" instead. Nothing in the keyboard settings works and the shift key does not work. Restarting does nothing either.

Any ideas?

Joe

Yeah that's very true but she's in another state and would have no chance of doing it herself.

My googlefu is failing me hard, a lot of the search able terms I'm using are very general.

Tbh, it sounds that something that messed up would probably be more complicated to fix then just putting a zip on the touchpad and install from clockwork mod.

Joe

She has kids so I'm hoping its just a silly option that was somehow turned on....

Going to post on rootzwiki

Ashhong

She has kids so I'm hoping its just a silly option that was somehow turned on....

Going to post on rootzwiki

I don't know of any option that makes the E work as the 3. Sounds more like there is something up with the touch screen. It's really, REALLY easy to upgrade to CM9. You literally can walk her through the steps in 5 minutes.

1. Download CM9
2. Download Google Apps
3. Restart into CWM
4. Wipe data
5. Install CM9
6. Install Google Apps

done!

Delio

So the Tinychat app in the google play store isnt compatible with the touchpad? Sadness, guess I'll just have to load back into WebOs for that.

Why is it that when I click on the Share button in the YouTube app (CM9), there is no option to post the video on Facebook? There's Twitter and the other usual suspects, but Facebook is not in the menu. Every time I'm forced to copy the video URL, open the browser, go to fb, paste the link, delete a bunch of characters and add a semicolon to the end of the URL to get the preview to show up,, then hit Post. Whew!

How do I fix this?

H3xum

Is the guide in the OP for ice cream sandwich still the defacto guide for getting that on there?

Longtime touchpadder, first time modder

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Mine is stuck on bootloader after working perfectly for like 3 weeks. Not sure what to do :(

Could try to reinstalling it.

http://liliputing.com/2011/10/how-t...oid-on-the-hp-touchpad-with-cyanogenmod7.html
I want to restore webOS, uninstall Android, and recover all missing space

If you just use the webOS doctor to restore webOS, you won’t actually erase Android or change the storage partition size — which means the space in your media partition that was allotted for Android will still be inaccessible.

But the CyanogenMod team has released a tool called ACMEUninstaller which you can use to completely remove Android and change your partitions back to their normal size.

Just download the latest version from the link at the RootzWiki forum, unzip the app to your Palm Novacom directory and run it the same way you would run the ACMEInstaller app.

I had that issue months ago with CM7 but luckily never got it with CM9

SRG01

I've been using nightlies for a long time now, and the darn thing reboots spontaneously all the time. That, and WiFi keeps turning off in sleep mode even though the settings indicate otherwise. I thought that was supposed to be fixed? :/

Owzers

Is the guide in the OP for ice cream sandwich still the defacto guide for getting that on there?

Longtime touchpadder, first time modder

Same boat, been looking online for the best, simplest way to get ics on my touchpad since i'm unfamiliar with modding things.

Top Bottom