• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official HP Touchpad Thread of $100 Digital Picture Frames

Petrie

Banned
RukusProvider said:
after pre and the tweaks plus overclocking, I'm very happy with it. For now it's mainly for web browsing but I'm sure I'll find more uses for it soon enough.
How do we overclock?

Argyle

Narpas Sword0 said:
Two questions

1 is the charging port supposed to be scary deep? The charger finds its home but it seems like it was pushed in in a bad way as soon as i took it out of the ox

2 does a charging bolt appear on the battery indicator if the device is in setup mode? What about if i use a charger for a droid incredible?

I dont want to pass the setup screen or open the tablets cable in case i need to send this back to to hp. I want it to be clear i didnt do shit.

So i tried plugging in the incredible charger with the tablet powered off. I cant push it straight in, i have to sort of tip it down a little bit. The tablet turned on as if it was charging, but ther is no indicator to say that it is. i tried turning it off and plugging it in using an old palm pre phone charger and The ipad charger, and it would not power on automatically when plugged in. Now the incredible charger doesnt prompt it to auto power on either.

What should i do

You really should use the charger in the box. It can source 2A of power, most phone chargers can only supply around 1A of power, so it will probably not really charge at all if you have the tablet turned on.

Petrie said:
How do we overclock?

Install Preware, then look for UberKernel and Govnah and install both. Reboot your tablet, then use Govnah to set the clock speed.

dream

God, Flash is just the worst. Is there any way to force YouTube to serve h264 videos on this thing?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
NeoNess said:
Dumb question - how do I close windows I've opened. I have like 3 windows tabbed that I can't seem to close out. :(
Haha. I had to check the manual myself.

You just flick the window up off screen.

Are there any other passkeys besides the general ones such as 0000,1111, and 1234? I'm trying to connect my bluetooth keyboard, but none of those work. I tried looking on Google, but no help so far.

multiple noob questions!
1. does this have a front and back camera?
2. because HP is discontinuing their WebOS service, does that mean internet and features wont work on the tablet?
3. is there any chance ill find one next friday when i get paid =(

*EDIT 4. is there a netflix app for this touchpad?

i feel like i had more questions, so if i do, ill make a new post. but thanks in advance!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Chesskid1 said:
it will def come, just a matter of time.

touchdroid released a "press release"

http://touch-droid.com/statement.pdf

these guys sound like kids who are so happy they are getting attention. i think one already even did a radio show. =/

just do your hacking in private and don't worry about what people want.

while it may sound easy, putting android on any device without the right knowledge is a tough task. If you were depending on a bunch of money hungry college kids to do it, then you might as well sell your device. See this for example http://www.techtree.com/India/News/Android_gets_Ported_to_Palm_Pre/551-115126-580.html

When transferring mp3s, mp4s, pdfs, epubs, mobi, etc, are you guys just dragging and dropping to the Touchpad or putting them in specific folders?

ComicShelf doesn't recognize comics unless you put the .cbrs into the comics folder.

R2D4

Banned
SUPER DESTROYMAN said:
multiple noob questions!
1. does this have a front and back camera?
2. because HP is discontinuing their WebOS service, does that mean internet and features wont work on the tablet?
3. is there any chance ill find one next friday when i get paid =(

*EDIT 4. is there a netflix app for this touchpad?

i feel like i had more questions, so if i do, ill make a new post. but thanks in advance!

1.Front
2.No
3.No
4.No

gokieks

Spiderjericho said:
When transferring mp3s, mp4s, pdfs, epubs, mobi, etc, are you guys just dragging and dropping to the Touchpad or putting them in specific folders?

ComicShelf doesn't recognize comics unless you put the .cbrs into the comics folder.

The music, photo/video, and pReader apps will recognize the files regardless of where you put them.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Wow, this thing is no joke when it comes to charging. I forgot my charger at home, so I'm trying out my Kindle charger, and no dice. I mean, I didn't expect it to charge quickly with that cable, but for it to not even boot up after an hour on the wall charger for the Kindle? Damn.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
My htc charger for my htc evo 4g works perfectly. Even the charger for my old bluetooth earpiece works fine.
Step your charger game up.

Petrie said:
I'm not seeing how to set the speed.

Does it hurt battery life too sharply?

When you're in Govenah, goto profiles and pick the 15 one.

I have not seen any battery effects after extensive use last night.

mclaren777

I hate it that the 3.0.2 update will download fine and then (seemingly) fail to unpack/install correctly.

You'd think that last part would work perfectly. :(

Top Bottom