• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official HP Touchpad Thread of $100 Digital Picture Frames

Biscuits

I just found a really useful 2 finger swipe patch for going back and forward in the web browser. Its called browser power swipe and you can find it in preware.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
My Veer is awesome. I wish there were a way to switch the direction of the back and forward gestures, though.

Totally worth the $100. Nice secondary phone.

Can you guys tell me why I have to manually reload a webpage for it to refresh? I'm browsing Gaf and when I click "gaming" or "offtopic" the threads are always in the same order, its like I'm clicking back instead of actually loading a new page. If I click refresh than it actually refreshes.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Lion Heart said:
Can you guys tell me why I have to manually reload a webpage for it to refresh? I'm browsing Gaf and when I click "gaming" or "offtopic" the threads are always in the same order, its like I'm clicking back instead of actually loading a new page. If I click refresh than it actually refreshes.
Cache. And there's a patch for that issue.

I cleared it and it still does it, where can I get the patch?

thanks for the info.

alright I found the patch, guess I gotta install preware to use it though, I was hoping it was a stock patch.

Some new crap I discovered..

Here's how you patch the standard virtual keyboard:
Virtual keyboard layouts patches
To get rid of annoyances, like having the German Umlauts among the secondary keys..

4u0lL.png

Here's how you make flash-only apps (such as the Machinarium port) fill the screen:
- Quick double tap
- Tap & hold (don't let go) until options appear, chose full-screen
The only way to leave this state is to press the physical menu button.

I really need to try VVVVVV with this (since I own a keyboard) and maybe the uniqlo screensaver madness..

(Updated 9/18)

CyanogenMod - Currently 60% - 70% done to a working port (Doesn't mean final)

What currently works:
Booting into Android
ADB commands via ADB
Touchscreen support (Multi-touch, 10 fingers)
Power, back/home and volume button layout
CPU/GPU Acceleration (Both cores are enabled)
Compass
Softkeys
Accelerometer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IVkj_vdY6s
90% Complete Wifi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IVkj_vdY6s
Near 100% Sound http://twitter.com/#!/dalingrin/stat...70225955143680

What does not currently work:
LED
Camera
Mag
Light Sensor

Whats currently being worked on:
PARTIALLY Bluetooth (Bluetooth powers on)
Power Management (Needs to be adapted to a supported android interface)
Vibration (Needs to be adapted to a supported android interface)
http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?5602-Video-Update-on-Cyanogenmod-Port

Computer said:
http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?5602-Video-Update-on-Cyanogenmod-Port
Hot damn I can't wait. Of the things left, I don't even care about half of them. This thing has been freezing up on me at least once a day with light use.

PrivateWHudson said:
Hot damn I can't wait. Of the things left, I don't even care about half of them. This thing has been freezing up on me at least once a day with light use.
It doesn't matter - they will not release builds with reduced functionalities.

LQX

Anyone else having a problem where the browser seemingly is not updating to reflect changes on the forums? Sometimes I have to hit refresh for it to show updated threads and posts. Any fix for this or is the browser just that shitty?

LQX said:
Anyone else having a problem where the browser seemingly is not updating to reflect changes on the forums? Sometimes I have to hit refresh for it to show updated threads and posts. Any fix for this or is the browser just that shitty?
This question was asked -and answered- over and over again.

hayejin

Is the ComicShelf HD supposed to be such an abominable piece of crap that requires restart every time you put cbr files in?

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
hayejin said:
Is the ComicShelf HD supposed to be such an abominable piece of crap that requires restart every time you put cbr files in?
its a problem with webOS itself apparently. The developer is pretty active over at pre central, should be receiving updates.

kehs

Banned
Computer said:
This question was asked -and answered- over and over again.

What's the point on responding with this instead of the answer? Just ignore the question if you're annoyed by it, instead you come off like a dick.

Kintaco

Wow the CM team is working pretty quick, it's looking like they will hopefully have a fully working Android port in time for my TP in 6-8 weeks, if not sooner. I can't wait, I already have all my accessories ready, just need my damn TP and android would be nice too.

dream

Copernicus said:
What's the point on responding with this instead of the answer? Just ignore the question if you're annoyed by it, instead you come off like a dick.

Plus, it takes less typing to say "the browser's cache is too aggressive" than "this question was asked -and answered- over and over again."

Dick recognize dick, basically!

Biscuits said:
I just found a really useful 2 finger swipe patch for going back and forward in the web browser. Its called browser power swipe and you can find it in preware.

Awesome! I've been wanting this and the keyboard patches for a while.

Vyer

dream said:
Plus, it takes less typing to say "the browser's cache is too aggressive" than "this question was asked -and answered- over and over again."

Dick recognize dick, basically!
haha, Copernicus getting upset at posting etiquette

Man after installing that cache patch plus some of the quick tweaks, neogaf is lightning fast. Woo.

And I haven't even touched the kernal yet.

Computer said:
It doesn't matter - they will not release builds with reduced functionalities.
Yeah, I do know that, but now I know that even if they hit a wall and for some reason can't release something perfect, my needs will be meet.

Cruzader

Banned
Thank you guys for the Android port news update. I can never find the right site for the updates plus I dont trust Rootzwiki site at all. They can suck a dick.

Cruzader said:
Thank you guys for the Android port news update. I can never find the right site for the updates plus I dont trust Rootzwiki site at all. They can suck a dick.
Huh? What's wrong with RootzWiki? I don't actually know too much about them...

But anyway, the best place for Android port news is dalingrin's Twitter. He's on the Cyanogen team and updates pretty frequently, even responding to people's questions. I think everyone from Rootzwiki gets their news from him, anyway.

sfedai0

Banned
I am using Internalz, but when I touch the folder with ..., it pops up an error message saying "Service does not exist:ca.canucksoftware.filemgr.

Should I re-install Internalz?

kmfdmpig

Cruzader said:

I don't think that the Rootzwiki page is the same as the Touchdroid scammers. Rootzwiki seems more akin to something like XDA-Developers as there are many people there discussing progress on the developments. Most postings are not very helpful, but many others are informative and do a good job of explaining the progress and the challenges.

Chesskid1

Banned
heh, went to access machinarium on steam to get it working on the TP. this article was the latest news.

The iOS port of PC indie point-and-click favourite Machinarium will be exclusive to the iPad 2 when it hits the App Store next month.

As reported by Pocket Gamer, the game is too beefy for the first iPad or iPhone 4, and developer Amanita Design refuses to cut content to squeeze it in.

"Unfortunately, the game is performance and memory demanding, so we decided not to make any compromises and make it available only for iPad 2," explained studio founder Jakub Dvorský.

The game has been submitted to Apple for final approval and, all going well, should be up for download on 8th September.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-23-ios-machinarium-is-ipad-2-exclusive

works well on TP right?

dream

Copernicus said:
Hey dream, serious question, sell me your touchpad.

How you gonna ask me this just as we're on the verge of ditching this webOS bullshit for an actual functional and responsive OS?

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
does netflix work on the hp touchpad? if yes, is there an app or do you have to use the browser?

IceCold

dream said:
How you gonna ask me this just as we're on the verge of ditching this webOS bullshit for an actual functional and responsive OS?

wat. The only thing that webos lacks is apps. The way it manages stuff like emails and multitasking is much better than android and ios. If you overclock your touchpad, and get the speed patches, webos becomes super fast and responsive.

dream

You're gonna be so jealous when I install Windows 8 Starter Edition For Emerging Territories on my TouchPad.

IceCold said:
wat. The only thing that webos lacks is apps. The way it manages stuff like emails and multitasking is much better than android and ios. If you overclock your touchpad, and get the speed patches, webos becomes super fast and responsive.

No, not really.

Top Bottom