• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official HP Touchpad Thread of $100 Digital Picture Frames

Corran Horn said:
Its decent. Only issue I have is using the touchstone, it wont charge while in landscape mode. It will charge sitting straight up portrait wise.

It charges in landscape mode, but you're doing it wrong (rotate it 180 degrees). It charges in 2 positions out of the possible 4 (1 portrait and 1 landscape). I've seen it demonstrated on youtube and people have said as much in this thread before.

Corran Horn said:
Its decent. Only issue I have is using the touchstone, it wont charge while in landscape mode. It will charge sitting straight up portrait wise.

I charge my Touchpad only in landscape mode. Place it on the Touchstone with the worthless front-facing camera on the left.

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
I don't know why I didn't watch the case in action on youtube before. It looks a lot slimmer than the one I ended up getting. >_>

Youtube is pretty much the best thing ever. Whenever I have a dilemma about a product or something, I look for it on youtube and bam! All my questions answered and I feel like I've held the product in my hands.

Naked Snake said:
Youtube is pretty much the best thing ever. Whenever I have a dilemma about a product or something, I look for it on youtube and bam! All my questions answered and I feel like I've held the product in my hands.

Thats how I usually am with purchases too (Hell, I used it this morning to buy a mini-bluetooth keyboard which i'm gambling will hopefully work on the Touchpad), but I seemed to skip a beat on that case. Oh well.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Naked Snake said:
It charges in landscape mode, but you're doing it wrong (rotate it 180 degrees). It charges in 2 positions out of the possible 4 (1 portrait and 1 landscape). I've seen it demonstrated on youtube and people have said as much in this thread before.
Well thats lame way considering the case opens down then.

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Thats how I usually am with purchases too (Hell, I used it this morning to buy a mini-bluetooth keyboard which i'm gambling will hopefully work on the Touchpad), but I seemed to skip a beat on that case. Oh well.

Yeah it happens with me too... it's just scary how huge youtube has become (you can pretty much find a video for anything), and for some reason it's often easy to forget that.

Birbo

Naked Snake said:
About to bite on the official case for $23 on Amazon... any good reason not to?

I've got the official case and love it. It protects it well without adding any bulk to the Touchpad. Glad I got it for a similar price and not the MSRP.

2th

Banned
i need to find a decent folio case for this thing. i got 2 touchpads and gave one to my father and a folio case would be perfect for him. any suggestions?

also any suggestions on screen protectors?

Londa

Banned
Naked Snake said:

I do this too

FooTemps

so is anyone using the communities app? We should try to get gaf registered for their list. Secondapps works great but communities seems like a good way to consolidate everything

FooTemps said:
so is anyone using the communities app? We should try to get gaf registered for their list. Secondapps works great but communities seems like a good way to consolidate everything

Is that the name of the app? Communities? because as soon as i find it, IM IN.

Krakatoa

Here you go...

At Bat 11

Play. In time for the playoffs. MLB.com At Bat 11™, the award-winning application, is live baseball – every pitch from every at bat.
Promo code: zuelu59942ykvad

Pack 'n' Track

Track. Pack ‘n' Track is a shipment tracking application that supports FedEx, UPS, USPS, and DHL.
Promo code: ozpxt62318rfylo

Animate Pro!

Create. Animate Pro! gives you the power to create, save, share and enjoy your own animations. We provide the canvas, you provide the imagination!
Promo code: fwkil75866icgev

Splashtop Remote Desktop HD

Control. The highest performance remote access app bringing your entire computer to your phone or tablet, featuring full video and audio support!
Promo code: wulax11125hhtaw

Krakatoa said:
Here you go...

At Bat 11

Play. In time for the playoffs. MLB.com At Bat 11™, the award-winning application, is live baseball – every pitch from every at bat.

Pack 'n' Track

Track. Pack ‘n' Track is a shipment tracking application that supports FedEx, UPS, USPS, and DHL.

Animate Pro!

Create. Animate Pro! gives you the power to create, save, share and enjoy your own animations. We provide the canvas, you provide the imagination!

Control. The highest performance remote access app bringing your entire computer to your phone or tablet, featuring full video and audio support!

thanks a lot

2th

Banned
sfedai0 said:
Holy shit, the usual 4 free apps are here today and fucking Splashtop is free!!!!

where are you seeing this? i go into the App Store on my touchpad and it still shows up at $4.99

dabig2

bwahahaha, just used the promo code to get Splashtop for free. Looks like my initial cheapness paid off. Also got the other programs as well.

2th said:
where are you seeing this? i go into the App Store on my touchpad and it still shows up at $4.99

it's been said already, but you actually need to "purchase" it. It will then prompt you for the password to your HP account you should've set up with a CC/debit card sometime before. Without that account, you can't use these codes to download the apps for free as after you "purchase it", it will prompt you to either enter a promo code or continue on with the purchase by charging your stored card.

2th

Banned
dabig2 said:
bwahahaha, just used the promo code to get Splashtop for free. Looks like my initial cheapness paid off. Also got the other programs as well.

it's been said already, but you actually need to "purchase" it. It will then prompt you for the password to your HP account you should've set up with a CC/debit card sometime before. Without that account, you can't use these codes to download the apps for free as after you "purchase it", it will prompt you to either enter a promo code or continue on with the purchase by charging your stored card.

no... where are you finding these promo codes is what i mean.

2th

Banned
Krakatoa said:
They get emailed to you every week if you register your device with HP.
guess i should do that. also posting this from the touchpad through splashtop. very freaking cool. ax if browsing gaf on the couch was sweet enough with this thing, splashtop just made it better.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
My touchpad is in my apartment. I am in my office. I need a teleporter so I can get splashtop for free.

Superman00

Liverpool01
Krakatoa said:
Here you go...

At Bat 11

Pack 'n' Track

Animate Pro!

Thx a lot. Can't beat free. lol

dabig2

Well, Splashtop is pretty cool. It's like other remote desktop applications, except now it works with this fantastic tablet device.

My only issue is that there's considerable lag, but I think that's more to due with the shitty laptop and shitty internet I'm using atm. Also had a hell of time getting the audio to work.

But all in all, pretty cool app.

Top Bottom