• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official HP Touchpad Thread of $100 Digital Picture Frames

Eric C

Cruzader said:
Thumb key board rocks. Kinda simulates the WebOS keyboard. Recommend it.

Edit: see this image, hope it works
[/Img]http://i.min.us/jkoeKVxxyGx9B.png[/Img]

I looked in the market, and found a Thumb Keyboard but the images didn't match the one you posted so I didnt download it.

Instead I found A.I.type Tablet Keyboard BETA.

I really liked the number row on the standard webOS keyboard, and this one has a number row too. I tried hackers keyboard, and I didn't really like the layout. I've only had this A.I.type keyboard installed a few minutes but so far I like it.

UYQ1Ul.jpg

you can even split the keyboard
rckkRl.jpg

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I've already removed CM7, but can someone check if any of the browsers can run the Lord of Ultima browser game? I'm thinking the javascript might be too heavy, but it'd be sweet to play.

elty

I can't find my device on market.android.com, but on the Toucpad my apps are all there. :confuse:

edit: I can also see apps I have downloaded on "My Library" from market.android.com.

Copernicus said:
The swype beta (3.0) allows you to shrink the keyboard down to about 1/3 of the screen left or right. Works pretty well.

How did you install swype beta 3.0? When i run the installer it says the screen size is not supported.

Cruzader

Banned
Ericsc said:
I looked in the market, and found a Thumb Keyboard but the images didn't match the one you posted so I didnt download it.

I really liked the number row on the standard webOS keyboard, and this one has a number row too. I tried hackers keyboard, and I didn't really like the layout. I've only had this A.I.type keyboard installed a few minutes but so far I like it.

UYQ1Ul.jpg

rckkRl.jpg
Well maybe BC the keyboard has 3 modes which I think are the same as your a.I keyboard you installed. I'm using the second type which makes the keys nice and big. The other one is one handed keyboard and the other one is split keyboard for thumb use. Btw I'm using an ipad skin hehe and the app has like 20+ free themes that looks like competitor keyboards. This thing is a beast. I'm glad I got it for free on the Amazon market place from their past daily promos.

Ericsc said:

UYQ1Ul.jpg

rckkRl.jpg
I just downloaded this because od your recomendation and I love the split keyboard! Until swype hits this will do very well.

IMACOMPUTA

So.... This is blowing my mind
img_20111017_212954fepg.jpg

(Emulating ps1 games at full speed and using a dualshock 3 via bluetooth on my touchpad running CM7)

kehs

Banned
tino said:
Does dualshock 3 work with any android tablet? How do you set it up?

There's an app in the market that maps the bluetooth input to "game inputs" that are new in gingerbread.

Chesskid1

Banned
tino said:
Does dualshock 3 work with any android tablet? How do you set it up?

download Sixaxis Controller App.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller&hl=en

run it, it will tell you your bluetooth address.

download six axis pair tool

http://www.dancingpixelstudios.com/sixaxiscontroller/tool.html

connect ps3 controller to your computer via usb (like you were charging it), run six axis pair tool, enter in your HP touchpad address.

it will sync up and that's about it.

i think only emulators use it mainly. sadly, ps1 emu doesn't work that well for me. i get some slowdowns, but some people get good performance. it stuttered a bunch in FMVs for me.

it will work on most bluetooth android devices, but some don't have the right stuff. there's a free compatibility checker though.

nOoblet16

Gaf i need some help,somehow my touchpad has gotten infected with this very annoying problem of pushing out audio through the speakers even when the headphones are still attached through the 3.5mm jack..i say infected because it was working fine until very recently.I have searched everywhere and rebooted the device twice but to no use

i really don't want to restore it to factory settings using webos doctor because i will have to do the whole patching and downloading apps thing again : /

Doopliss

nOoblet16 said:
Gaf i need some help,somehow my touchpad has gotten infected with this very annoying problem of pushing out audio through the speakers even when the headphones are still attached through the 3.5mm jack..i say infected because it was working fine until very recently.I have searched everywhere and rebooted the device twice but to no use

i really don't want to restore it to factory settings using webos doctor because i will have to do the whole patching and downloading apps thing again : /
It's a known bug, I don't think there's a fix for it at the moment.

Smidget

Doopliss said:

Thanks for the info, I had NO idea... so apparently my neighbors on the elliptical at the gym might have been listening to The Wire at full blast over the past couple of days lol

Gowans

Haven't checked in on this thread in a while.

So we are good to go with Android now? How is in going for you guys.

Upsides, Downsides? Best Guide to install and must have apps to get?

Doopliss

Smidget said:
Thanks for the info, I had NO idea... so apparently my neighbors on the elliptical at the gym might have been listening to The Wire at full blast over the past couple of days lol
Haha, my mum was treated to hearing Rawls give Bunny Colvin a bollocking. I only realised whhen the title music started playing and I could feel the touchpad softly vibrating along with the tune.

nOoblet16

Doopliss said:

damn that sucks some major balls,is there a link to where ever other people reportedly had this problem ?

also,can anyone suggest some cheap cases from amazon,thinking of getting this and this

IMACOMPUTA said:
img_20111017_212954fepg.jpg

(Emulating ps1 games at full speed and using a dualshock 3 via bluetooth on my touchpad running CM7)

Mother of god, you are making it hard to wait for a more stable version of CM7!!!

Doopliss

nOoblet16 said:
damn that sucks some major balls,is there a link to where ever other people reportedly had this problem ?

also,can anyone suggest some cheap cases from amazon,thinking of getting this and this
Issue number 10 - http://code.google.com/p/cmtouchpad/issues/list
There's probably some threads about it on rootzwiki as well.

IMACOMPUTA said:
http://www.abload.de/img/img_20111017_212954fepg.jpg

(Emulating ps1 games at full speed and using a dualshock 3 via bluetooth on my touchpad running CM7)[/QUOTE]
I played some Muffin Knight this morning with a Wii remote connected to the Touchpad. Good fun.
(use [URL="https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ccpcreations.android.WiiUseAndroid"]Wiimote Controller[/URL] to connect and configure the buttons)

TehOh

Chesskid1 said:
if anyone is still running webos,

3.0.4 was pushed out, includes camera app + other performance upgrades

http://www.precentral.net/webos-3-0-4-77-pushed-out-touchpads-includes-new-camera-app-1

Apparently this update makes browsing way smoother.

I'm sticking with WebOS until ICS is out. I already have CM7 on a Nook Color, and I don't want to give up actual tablet apps when WebOS is working for everything I need it for right now (Kindle, comic reading, Spotify, and web browsing).

Chorazin

Doopliss said:
So is anyone with myriad Preware patches and Android installed feeling particularly reckless today?
I'll prolly do it when I get home. I'm not too worried about needing to wipe it if shit goes bad.

Birbo

Slowly over the last few weeks I've been having issues with my apps that have accounts on the Touchpad. First I kept getting an error message when trying to open emails on my gmail account. Next, my Facebook app would just spin & never load up. Now, I can't even access the HP Apps Store. Any ideas? Thought I read there was an issue with the mufflelogging (?) app so I just deleted that.

Thinking I may just wipe out all my apps & start over again. If I do that, will I have to re-purchase apps or can I just redownload them. Also, what happens to files associated with the apps? In particular I'm thinking of comic book files I've loaded up to read using the comic book app.

i heard some preware patches arent working any more after this morning's patch, but that the tablet seems more responsive. personally, i hope it doesnt do anything to my cm7 installation.

Krakatoa

eternalthree said:
i heard some preware patches arent working any more after this morning's patch, but that the tablet seems more responsive. personally, i hope it doesnt do anything to my cm7 installation.

Yep my the dreaded ripple is back on my touchpad.

Oh well at least it seems more snappy.

Krakatoa

eternalthree said:

Be careful....

I just read this "Seems to wipe out the bootloader at the very least..."

Tek

apparently the update wipes out the custom bootloader for CM7...so you can't boot back into CM7 after the webos upgrade.

Anyone else confirm?

I can confirm that you can no longer boot into CM7 after the update. I can only assume it's the bootloader since webos shows up the second you turn it on.

It is installing. I do not have android so i should be fine i think. I do not mind if it deletes the preware thing I do not know how to use that anyways lol

OMG how long does it take to restart this thing my god.

Edit it just diddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Top Bottom