• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official HP Touchpad Thread of $100 Digital Picture Frames

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
RukusProvider said:
Browser is all I use the touchpad for anyway so it works for that, I"m in. I'll let you bros know how it goes.
Touchpad browser is better than the Android alternatives, sadly. I commented on flash playback earlier, but it's seriously terrible in CM7. No idea why.

1-D_FTW

So anyone know if the 3.04 update breaks things in Pre-ware?

With all the tweaks I've done through that, the browser is already pretty zippy. I don't want to download a minor update if it's going to break more than it fixes.

Haven't installed Android yet, because I'd just as soon wait for a more stable version (and hope it coincides with the ICS release).

Eric C

Chesskid1 said:
if anyone is still running webos,

3.0.4 was pushed out, includes camera app + other performance upgrades

http://www.precentral.net/webos-3-0-4-77-pushed-out-touchpads-includes-new-camera-app-1

I didn't install it yet. Waiting to see what preware patches it breaks, also hoping for some reports of people getting android to boot up again. I hope it only breaks the boot loader and not the entire android install.

But, I thought 3.0.4 was rumored to have HDMI out via USB. Anyone know if 3.0.4.77 has that feature?

The update bricked my touchpad - i only had the preware/patches installed, no new kernels or android.

I s-l-o-w-l-y fixed it with webos doctor.

Web browser is faster.

It's removed preware.

Gowans

Ug trying to install android using the command propt on windows 7 and it doesn't know what this command line is. I think it's tw novcom part. Looks like its a right arse on to get it onto windows too.

Gowans007 said:
Ug trying to install android using the command propt on windows 7 and it doesn't know what this command line is. I think it's tw novcom part. Looks like its a right arse on to get it onto windows too.

You need to launch the command from the correct folder or use the entire path.

C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom.exe bla bla bla

Gowans

Metalmurphy said:
You need to launch the command from the correct folder or use the entire path.

C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom.exe bla bla bla
Yeah I did but there is no novacom.exe in the install just acmeinstaller ????

Ericsc said:
I didn't install it yet. Waiting to see what preware patches it breaks, also hoping for some reports of people getting android to boot up again. I hope it only breaks the boot loader and not the entire android install.

But, I thought 3.0.4 was rumored to have HDMI out via USB. Anyone know if 3.0.4.77 has that feature?
yeah i think it pretty much broke all my preware patches... I get the stupid ripple thing when i touch the screen again.

Gowans

Metalmurphy said:
ACMEInstaller doesn't come with the novacom drivers oO
Yeah had a google and quick go to get them and some jar file was corrupted that I downloaded.
I'll try again after dinner.

Doopliss

Gowans007 said:
Yeah I did but there is no novacom.exe in the install just acmeinstaller ????
Novacom is in C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\ assuming you have it installed.
Unzip ACMEInstaller.zip and put ACMEInstaller in the folder C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\
Run cmd.exe, change directory to C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\
Then do "novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller" without quotes.

Gowans

Doopliss said:
Novacom is in C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\ assuming you have it installed.
Unzip ACMEInstaller.zip and put ACMEInstaller in the folder C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\
Run cmd.exe, change directory to C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\
Then do "novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller" without quotes.
I don't have it installed. Best place to get a win 7 installer?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
polyh3dron said:
yeah i think it pretty much broke all my preware patches... I get the stupid ripple thing when i touch the screen again.
All updates will do this, because Preware only modifies the files (which they overwrite every new version).

Londa

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
Alpha 2 has not been released yet. when it comes out, the installation process should be the same as it was for Alpha 1.

oh, I thought this was for the recent update. I guess my best bet is to send my touchpad for repairs. Anyone know how to do this?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Londa said:
oh, I thought this was for the recent update. I guess my best bet is to send my touchpad for repairs. Anyone know how to do this?
It's not a hardware problem. It is a CM7 problem.

Londa

Banned
Lyphen said:
It's not a hardware problem. It is a CM7 problem.

it is a software problem. My speakers are not blown out. It was the Pandora app that froze my speakers because I removed the headphones from my Touchpad before Pandora was shut down.

Doopliss

Londa said:
it is a software problem. My speakers are not blown out. It was the Pandora app that froze my speakers because I removed the headphones from my Touchpad before Pandora was shut down.
I'm not sure what you mean. The headphones/speakers problem I was referring to is that when headphones are plugged in sound continues to come out of the speakers. It was talked about a little bit on the previous page of the thread.

Gowans

Opps I've accedentally removed the application button from the dock bar, how do I get it back? (edit: ahh its magically back)

Now how do install apps or install the google and amazon app store apps?

Gowans007 said:
Opps I've accedentally removed the application button from the dock bar, how do I get it back? (edit: ahh its magically back)

Now how do install apps or install the google and amazon app store apps?
You drag your selected application on the dock bar and drop it :)

To install google apps you need to install them via CWM.

Is there a way to get into more advanced wireless settings? My coworker's trying to set his up to get on our network at work here and we need WPA2 Enterprise and some other advanced options. Just choosing Enterprise from the dropdown doesn't do it.

Eric C

Doopliss said:
I'm not sure what you mean. The headphones/speakers problem I was referring to is that when headphones are plugged in sound continues to come out of the speakers. It was talked about a little bit on the previous page of the thread.

Londa said:

Londa said:

I think Londa's problem is on the webOS side. Londa mentioned earlier in the thread that only the headphones played audio, not the speakers. Londa do you have android installed?

Before sending it in for repair I'd try wiping the touchpad clean, and reinstalling webOS with HP/Palm's official app "webos doctor"

I haven't done that myself, but I'm sure there has to be some instructions over at the forums on http://www.precentral.net/

kehs

Banned
Gowans007 said:
Its the app menu icon the 4 squares, its gone again :(

This is called dreaming your launcher:

dream said:
That's not important, I have a more pressing problem.

I accidentally removed the app drawer button from my little dock thing. How do I put it back?

and this is how you fix it:

Press and hold where it was > edit > Pick activity > Launcher actions > open/close app drawer

Gowans

Copernicus said:
This is called dreaming your launcher:

and this is how you fix it:

Press and hold where it was > edit > Pick activity > Launcher actions > open/close app drawer
nice to know there is a name for it, fixed thanks ;)

Gowans

hmm I have the google apps zip, copied it into a folder on the drive as a zip. Now when I click on it in the file manage through the tablet it asks to reboot to install through a clockwork mode and reboots but there is no change?

Ahh I think I've installed Android but I don't have Clockwork Recovery and Mooboot on.
How do I get them on so I can install apps.

Londa

Banned
Ericsc said:
I think Londa's problem is on the webOS side. Londa mentioned earlier in the thread that only the headphones played audio, not the speakers. Londa do you have android installed?

Before sending it in for repair I'd try wiping the touchpad clean, and reinstalling webOS with HP/Palm's official app "webos doctor"

I haven't done that myself, but I'm sure there has to be some instructions over at the forums on http://www.precentral.net/

I don't have android just the Preware installed.

Eric C

Londa said:
I don't have android just the Preware installed.

Krakatoa said:
I think there's a patch on preware to fix the speaker problem.

If it's the PulseAudio one Londa might have already tried that. I suggested that a few pages back.

Londa, I'd try using "webOS Doctor" and see if that fixes your speakers. If something got corrupted in the software, "webos doctor" should fix it. Heck, maybe even just updating to 3.0.4 might fix your speakers.

Londa

Banned
Ericsc said:
If it's the PulseAudio one Londa might have already tried that. I suggested that a few pages back.

Londa, I'd try using "webOS Doctor" and see if that fixes your speakers. If something got corrupted in the software, "webos doctor" should fix it. Heck, maybe even just updating to 3.0.4 might fix your speakers.

The update is installing. Care to explain the webos doctor? I am not that great with things like this.

1-D_FTW

So I was driving myself crazy after the update wondering what happened to my overclock profile and how to get it back. Then I realized UberKernel isn't available for 3.04 and Govnah requires UberKernel (I think).

Am I doing something wrong, or do we have to wait for an UberKernel update to overclock again?

P.S. I downloaded Govnah 1.09 and originally thought that was the issue. I don't think it is.

Absol

Soooooo my TP stopped charging today. I tried using different cords/sockets/USB ports and nada. Searched around and it seems some people are also having the problem due to the dodgy micro usb port. I contacted HP and I'm getting it sent for repairs. Bah : (

Bleepey

Absol said:
Soooooo my TP stopped charging today. I tried using different cords/sockets/USB ports and nada. Searched around and it seems some people are also having the problem due to the dodgy micro usb port. I contacted HP and I'm getting it sent for repairs. Bah : (

I was on hold for an hour to HP. They can go fuck themselves and i never got to speak to anyone.

Did the update and as expected none of the preware stuff works. I wonder it it hogs up resources in the background though?

Any way to reset everything to factory but keep the latest firmware?

Hey all,

So for some reason my touchpad kept failing to download the update. So, exasperated, I installed webOS doctor and updated it from there. In turn, it wiped out my preware.

When I first got the thing, I downloaded the speed tweaks listed on the OP, and found here (http://forums.precentral.net/hp-tou...pad-seems-running-so-fast-2.html#post3027858), with no problem.

Now, I know that many of these things wouldn't work with the latest update. But now, I can't even FIND them on the preware app. I found the EOM overlord monitoring but that's it. Any thoughts? Would these have been removed so they can be updated, or am I missing something?

venne

Update is worth it just do you can scroll up and down in the browser and not have the screen go side to side.

Hopefully all the patches I use are updated soon. I miss my giant cards. . . .

Top Bottom