• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official HP Touchpad Thread of $100 Digital Picture Frames

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
RukusProvider said:
Did the update and as expected none of the preware stuff works. I wonder it it hogs up resources in the background though?

Any way to reset everything to factory but keep the latest firmware?
Device options/reset options.

Londa

Banned
Absol said:
Soooooo my TP stopped charging today. I tried using different cords/sockets/USB ports and nada. Searched around and it seems some people are also having the problem due to the dodgy micro usb port. I contacted HP and I'm getting it sent for repairs. Bah : (

I think that is what i'm going to do for my touchpad my speakers not working are driving me up the walls

Malvolio

Good luck with HP's repair service. Mine originally arrived DOA and it took a month to get it back. The call center in India just gave me the run around each time I called. I was told over and over that my repair was being escalated and that I needed to call back in 24 hours to get an ETA on the return. Terrible service over all. I'm sure they weren't prepared for having the number of units out in the wild after the firesale, but at least be honest with me.

My camera now appears to be dodgy and seems to just work in blips in the new camera app, but I'm just not sure it's worth the risk to send it off to them again. Fool me once...

What does it mean when the LED light blinks from up to down?

Mine is doing that when I plug the charger and it hasn't booted yet. Usually doesn't take this long to boot when it goes off due to low battery.

I never noticed the blinking led before so I don't know if that's normal or if it's telling me something.

PLEASE DON'T BE DEAD!

Chesskid1

Banned
upgrading versions of Cmtouchpad and eventually ICS, you will keep all your apps and crap? i spent so much time doing this crap that i don't want to do it all over again unless there are major improvements i must have since it does what i want rather well atm. (mainly reading + some apps)

Common... Boot! Boot you f***ing peace of s**t!!

ARGH...

Yeah, pretty sure my Touchpad is dead... or the battery is, or wtv...

This is gonna be a pain the ass to get it fix, if I can even get it fixed... HP doesn't even sell this product where I live.

Lyphen said:
Device options/reset options.

I did the full erase which seemed to have erased all the preware apps BUT "make it so" is still there. I'm thinking internal changes are still there. Also, all my settings and website passwords are still there.

SRG01

Metalmurphy said:

ARGH...

This is gonna be a pain the ass to get it fix, if I can even get it fixed... HP doesn't even sell this product where I live.

Did you try Doctoring yet?

SRG01

King Of Fuh said:
Hey all,

So for some reason my touchpad kept failing to download the update. So, exasperated, I installed webOS doctor and updated it from there. In turn, it wiped out my preware.

When I first got the thing, I downloaded the speed tweaks listed on the OP, and found here (http://forums.precentral.net/hp-tou...pad-seems-running-so-fast-2.html#post3027858), with no problem.

Now, I know that many of these things wouldn't work with the latest update. But now, I can't even FIND them on the preware app. I found the EOM overlord monitoring but that's it. Any thoughts? Would these have been removed so they can be updated, or am I missing something?

Yes, it's normal that the preware stuff is wiped off the feeds. There's a post on precentral about it.

hayejin

I had installed preware last month.
What happens if I install the latest WebOS update?
Does it wipe out preware?

Can I reinstall it using same step as before?

freshair

Tek said:
apparently the update wipes out the custom bootloader for CM7...so you can't boot back into CM7 after the webos upgrade.

Anyone else confirm?

I read that you just have to reinstall moboot by way of the same acme novacom process to get it going again.

Metalmurphy said:

ARGH...

Have you tried holding both the power and the home buttons at the same time? I remember someone having a similar problem a while back and that worked for them, if I'm not mistaken.

jgkspsx

I'm amused that the thread title never changed, considering the Touchpad is probably the world's worst 10" digital picture frame. It doesn't look like they fixed the resolution bug yet.

Chesskid1

Banned
so my mom tells me she got a new phone. she is like 50 years old and has no use for a phone but very basic phone calls (does not use the internet at all). anyways, she usually just gets whatever the guy tells her at the store. her current phone was like some basic flip phone from like 2005 and it made phone calls but it was starting to die.

anyways, i go check out her phone and she shows me this

nwanhg.jpg

a damn webos phone. nice recommendation guy @ att store. i lol'd.

nOoblet16

Londa said:
I think that is what i'm going to do for my touchpad my speakers not working are driving me up the walls

Don't...i have the same problem as you i think,its not what doopliss thinks it is..The problem is in webos without installing android(but all the preware patches) the headphones and speakers are working at the same time..i don't want to reset to factory settings just yet but i suggest you do that using webos doctor,its pretty simple,you need to login on to your palm account and there will be an option of get webos doctor...do all this on a desktop

also i updated using the touchpad to the latest firmware hoping it would solve the problem,it didn't : /

theskat

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
What does it mean when the LED light blinks from up to down?

Mine is doing that when I plug the charger and it hasn't booted yet. Usually doesn't take this long to boot when it goes off due to low battery.

I never noticed the blinking led before so I don't know if that's normal or if it's telling me something.

PLEASE DON'T BE DEAD!

It seems a bunch of them were doing this today, as mine was doing it and I was going crazy. I kept messing with the AC plug and cable and tried resetting a bunch of times to no avail, and all of a sudden, it just booted. So my advice, disconnect the TP from the charger, un-snap the charger (by twisting it) and then snap it together. Then, connect the TP and just let it charge for a while, eventually it should boot back.

elty

tino said:
You need to set the frequency AND turn off wifi sleep in wifi advanced setting.. Trust me.

I have both WIFI sleep turn off and min frequency to 384. First time it happened on me though, and it was a 2 hours long sleep. Shorter duration seems to be fine.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
[RELEASE][ALPHA2][Discussion] CyanogenMod team Touchpad port

http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?4011-RELEASE-ALPHA2-Discussion-CyanogenMod-team-Touchpad-port

Changelog:
(AKA things we hope we fixed)

* Plugging headphones in should now shut off speaker volume
* Battery drain issues have been (partially) addressed
* More apps now available in market (thanks to Flemmard)
* Temporarily removed suspect fsck_msdos to fix random folder deletion on media/sdcard.
* At least one type of "sleep of death" (TP won't wake up) has been fixed
* Wifi should no longer hang in sleep
* Vibrator no longer disappears
* Touchscreen no longer unresponsive after sleep
* cifs support added
* Touchstone should now charge better
* fixed broken links resulting from first version of installer (mount now works)
* pptp vpn now works
* OpenVPN TUN support added
* USB mounting in vold added
* Misc. fixes to ACME Installer (more graceful exits, nonstandard LVM media location handling, etc.)
* fixes to surfaceflinger to improve performance
* upstream cm7 changes added

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
So. How's this Android hackery going?
It doesn't look like any of you are having much fun.
It doesn't seem worth the effort.

Linkhero1

I'm having some issues with the Android Market on my device. I keep getting "No connection [Retry]" every time I try to go to the android market, even though I'm connected to wifi. I've kept everything up to date and cleared cache. I also installed the latest update and still no luck.

Gowans

So with the Alpha2 does it completly rewrite your settings and downloaded Apps from the Alpha one after install? Will the Google Account sync help that?

Chesskid1

Banned
Gowans007 said:
So with the Alpha2 does it completly rewrite your settings and downloaded Apps from the Alpha one after install? Will the Google Account sync help that?

some people are reporting crashing/constantly rebooting, some people said it installed fine. doesn't wipe out apps/settings.

backup first just to be safe.

SteveO409

I finished installing Alpha 2 and it memorized my apps/settings. I can finally watch videos in peace with headphones on without people listening in

Gowans

Chesskid1 said:
some people are reporting crashing/constantly rebooting, some people said it installed fine. doesn't wipe out apps/settings.

backup first just to be safe.
Ahh cool, how do I backup?

Gowans

Chesskid1 said:
reboot and select clockwork on menu and there is a backup option. then reboot back in cm7 and look in sd:/clockwork/backup and save it on your PC.
thanks, good timing too I'll put 2.1 on, link?
edit:NM thread has updated

SteveO409

Would recommend not upgrading yet...got my 2nd SOD(sleep of death)and would have to hold down the power button+home button for 15 seconds to restart

Pochacco said:
So. How's this Android hackery going?
It doesn't look like any of you are having much fun.
It doesn't seem worth the effort.

Oh I'm having a lot of fun fiddling with my android enabled device. It doesn't need a lot of effort, only 15 minutes of your time if you are a little tech-savvy.

Top Bottom