• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official HP Touchpad Thread of $100 Digital Picture Frames

Chesskid1

Banned
dream said:
is this going to steal my personal information? i hear android apps do that because it's open.

edit: lol. "This theme was improperly compiled and cannot be applied."

lol when i saw a virus scanner for your android phone it made me sad :(

kehs

Banned
I didn't see it's for HDPI devices only, my bad dream.

/fragmenated

e: actually it seems the apk is bad.

e2: This theme is hideous.

dream

Technosteve said:
how long would it take them to get ICS on here, I don't want to soil my touch pad with gingerbread

Nobody should use Gingerbread. That said, it's still better than the turd Palm pooped out and named webOS.

Cruzader

Banned
Played with some emulators on this thing and its awesome!

-Got that sixasix controller app
-Got Snesnoid or other related noid emus...
-connected DS3 to TP
-profit!

Really sick.

Chesskid1

Banned
Technosteve said:
how long would it take them to get ICS on here, I don't want to soil my touch pad with gingerbread

mostly dependent on when they release ics source.

dalingrin (main cmtouchpad guy) has said that the stuff they ported isn't gingerbread specific so it won't be much trouble to get ics on this thing. he also said he worked on the ports of cm to nook + galaxy and touchpad, but he would port ics to touchpad first.

most likely mid-november after nexus releases.

dream said:
Nobody should use Gingerbread. That said, it's still better than the turd Palm pooped out and named webOS.

Hey now, WebOS is a great operating system, if only it wasn't stuck at least a year behind every other major mobile OS out there (excluding BBOS of course)

dream said:
is this going to steal my personal information? i hear android apps do that because it's open.

edit: lol. "This theme was improperly compiled and cannot be applied."
I'm getting the same thing. What is this shit?

dream said:
There is no correlaiton between open-source and personal information theft.

Applications can access various bits of information about your device, such as IMEI number, read your contacts information, access SMS menu, send SMS, know about your location, etc. But each time you want to install a program the O.S. displays the list of the required permissions for the app to work.

So, if one day you install a "FLASHLIGHT LOL FUNNY" app that demands access to IMEI number, location, internet connection, etc, I hope you're smart enough to make the right choice.

(Well, you can also root your device to install a firewall, thus rejecting applications' demands to access various data).

Doopliss

hermit7 said:
So I am finally getting mine from the SMB Store. Are there any starter tutorials that can help me out?

I think I am going to hold of on CM7 until ICS comes out.
Here, but it hasn't yet been updated for the latest version of WebOS.

Birbo

Cruzader said:

-connected DS3 to TP
-profit!

Really sick.

Would it be possible to use the dual shock app with something like OnLive or a combination of Splashtop + Steam?

freshair

for those of you that got FPSE working, did you have to change/adjust any settings?

I keep getting this graphical glitch where everything is slanted:

Photo%20Oct%2021%2C%207%2045%2025%20AM.jpg

sfedai0 said:
Is anyone having trouble getting preware to load? Mine is stuck at the reading saved package list screen....

after the update yes. I am still on webos though no android. I never used preware so its fine.

Is there a better remote desktop app for Gingerbread than Splashtop? Preferably one that doesn't require installing something on the PC side (e.g. uses Microsoft remote desktop protocol)

tino

Banned
Naked Snake said:
Is there a better remote desktop app for Gingerbread than Splashtop? Preferably one that doesn't require installing something on the PC side (e.g. uses Microsoft remote desktop protocol)
Sure, all of the RDP apps can do that. They can do full screen correctly too.

The one I use called "2X Client".

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Switched back to Alpha 1....alot more stable than alpha 2 for me. No more SODs and Wifi is always on now lol

Cruzader

Banned
So how can I disable the dock from the right hand side? I have Go Launcher installed.

Btw any notable tweaks to be done on this port to make it look/run better? Btw I need a source of great wallpapers for this thing. I got some and look like ass. Like the colors look washed. Unsure if wallpaper quality or actual screen quality.

jersoc

man, alpha 2 is flat out broke for me. I get sod literally every time the screen shuts off. nothing works with changing cpu speeds either.

might be putting back the first one soon.

Cruzader said:

-connected DS3 to TP
-profit!

Really sick.
whaaaaaat

ok now I'm putting CM7 on this fucking thing, that is AWESOME.

Cruzader

Banned
polyh3dron said:
whaaaaaat

ok now I'm putting CM7 on this fucking thing, that is AWESOME.
Yea the DS3 to TP/Android app, you will need your PC to link the DS3 to your TP's bluetooth serial number or something. I guess to bypass the fact that you cant really see/connect a DS3 by itself.

Anyways the Snesnoid has a setting that allows you to use a gamepad. With the sixasix tool(paid/free if you look) you connect your DS3. Once you run the emulator, just go to settings and configure the buttons. Easy. Most of my snes games run full speed. Some that ran like crap on my PSP run smooth here. Genesis emulator too, runs smooth. Will test PSX/N64 later....

Cruzader said:
Yea the DS3 to TP/Android app, you will need your PC to link the DS3 to your TP's bluetooth serial number or something. I guess to bypass the fact that you cant really see/connect a DS3 by itself.
Dammit I have a Mac :(

dabig2

tino said:
He has been trolling this thread since the TouchPad was 399. A true gentleman and a scholar.

Ironically he was the first person on GAF I believe to break the $99 touchpads too in the other thread.

Cruzader

Banned
Wario64 said:
Does the Touchpad have an SNES emulator that allows controllers (like the Wii Remote)?
Snesnoid does allow for a joypad. Now I'm not sure if its simple to connect a wiimote to Android in general but a DS3 needs to be linked via a PC to work before connecting it to the TP via an app. I would say yes if it works on phones. I don't know any other emulators but I'm sure they need that support of joypads. Thankfully Snesnoid/genoid have it.

Edit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179929
That has the info for the DS3 method in case you are interested. Once you get that done, you minimize the app, run Snesnoid or whatever and go to settings>enable joypad then configure buttons.(if you don't do this, youll think it doesn't work but it does if you can do what I just posted in the settibgs)

Petrie

Banned
I just did a fresh 2.1 install on a friends touchpad, but the android market isn't present. Where do I track it down so it works?

Cruzader

Banned
Petrie said:
I just did a fresh 2.1 install on a friends touchpad, but the android market isn't present. Where do I track it down so it works?
Make sure you log into your google account it it won't show else you didn't install gapps.

freshair

freshair said:
for those of you that got FPSE working, did you have to change/adjust any settings?

I keep getting this graphical glitch where everything is slanted:

well if anyone else encounters this, you can fix it by downgrading to the previous version.
10.58 gave me that but 10.57 works perfectly.

pretty rad.

jersoc

i think i narrowed down my sod to simiclock using the battery widget on the clock.

i turned that off and no sod for the last 2 hours.

Petrie said:

Did you download the google apps? They are not included with cyanogenmod as they(the CM team) were asked by Google not to bundle them with their rom.

You need to download them and install them from clockwork recovery.

I thought I would wait till a stable version of CM7 came out but I have installed the Alpha 2.1 on my touchpad and it runs almost flawlessly. I love being able to access all those apps. I will never go back to WebOS.

Joe

Is it possible to download an mp3 on cm7 in a location that webos can access? I downladed a couple then went on webos and used internalz and couldnt locate the folder I saved them to.

Top Bottom