• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official HP Touchpad Thread of $100 Digital Picture Frames

Fatalah

How can I safely uninstall CM7? My friend wants to wait for a more solid build. I want to return the Touchpad its factory state.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Does anyone know how to enable lockscreen password for cm7. Looked all over the menus but no luck

Edit: overlooked it. Didn't realize it would have its own option lol

Bleepey

I think i have almost certainly bricked it, the shit has been charging for an hour and not turned on.

Edit: Oh wait, it's back!

SteveO409

Bleepey said:
I think i have almost certainly bricked it, the shit has been charging for an hour and not turned on.

You could always do webOS doctor. Have you tried holding down the power & home button for 15 seconds until you see the HP logo?

SteveO409

Sometimes the HP Webos stuff installs in a different directory. It was different for me....

Ia28p.jpg

I did a stupid thing and disabled gesture for lockscreen password so locked out of the CM7. Gonna reinstall right now

Bleepey said:
Now it says program is not recognised as an internal or external command. :(

Usually you get that when you're not in the folder with the program and the path doesn't include the program.

Make sure you're in the folder with novacom in it and make sure acmeinstaller is in there too.

SteveO409

Yeah, I don't have an issue though. I was just showing him what it should look liked because it seems like his command didn't show anything at all

Anony

now that i have had the touchpad for a month,i can say this
if there was a good web browser, opera or firefox, for touchpad, there is little reason for me to use android
it does everything i want already, there's a decent comic book app (comic book hd), and there's a good video player that can play 720 h264 and has support for subtitles
will it play games, or does it have any games? nope, but then again, a have a android phone, installed a bunch of games on it, i have yet to play any of those (other than try it for 10 mins)

would i still install android if it had a good browser, yes
would it be a better experience (usage wise), no, if the touchpad had a good browser

of course, i would be missing out on cool customization for the home screen, but that should not dictate the overall experience

tl;dr where the fuck is opera and/or firefox for touchpad

anyone having issues with comicbook hd? Can't read a comic without the screen going black but the functions of the program keep working. Was hoping to avoid switching to Android until ICS was finalized, but this issue might force my hand.

MIMIC

Banned
Can someone explain to me how to remove my Google account from my touchpad? I thought I did but I continue to get email notifications in the upper right-hand corner.

EDIT: LOL, i am teh dumb. Nevermind

SteveO409

anyone having issues with comicbook hd? Can't read a comic without the screen going black but the functions of the program keep working. Was hoping to avoid switching to Android until ICS was finalized, but this issue might force my hand.

You could always uninstall CM7 easily with ACMEuninstaller. I highly suggest going to CM7 if you're a comic reader for "Perfect Viewer". I haven't touch any of the games....just Perfect viewer, Dolphin browser HD, and Splashtop to watch HD streams

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rookiestudio.perfectviewer&hl=en

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.

Having major issues, back in the past I was able to lead the Walking Dead full even if it took 15mins to load (wouldn't be able to switch pages, which was a pain).. now I've broken it down to 50mb chunks and it still won't load.

So lame, I sent Jason a tweet about it.. hopefully it's fixed.

Might have to go to CM7 if I can't get it to work.. as my wife uses it for Facebook and I use it for comics.

3N16MA

Banned
Open it. Screw the Fire. To me, 7 inches isn't any more portable, but it loses a lot of its functionality. Would never trade a 10 inch model for 7.

WebOS is surprisingly decent. And when ICS hits, I wouldn't trade my Touchpad for 3 Fires.

A lot of it has to do with how the tablet feels in your hand and not just portability. The iPad 2 and Galaxy tab 10.1 are much better when held because they're thinner and lighter than the TouchPad. On paper the difference might not stand out much but in your hand it's very noticeable. It's even more noticeable when compared to a 7" tablet, the TouchPad really feels like a tank (weight not build quality).

Having major issues, back in the past I was able to lead the Walking Dead full even if it took 15mins to load (wouldn't be able to switch pages, which was a pain).. now I've broken it down to 50mb chunks and it still won't load.

So lame, I sent Jason a tweet about it.. hopefully it's fixed.

Might have to go to CM7 if I can't get it to work.. as my wife uses it for Facebook and I use it for comics.

I checked out the precentral forums and I think the issues lie with the new read/unread system, when the file is over a 100mb, it just bugs out with the bug. I turned it off and I was able to read larger sized comics.

reKon

Banned
EDIT: I read a few pages back what they're doing in terms of alpha 3 and ICS. So if I go ahead and install alpha 2 now, alpha 3 should be a smooth and easily update and I won't have to erase anything, right? (once I go from alpha 2 to 3)

SteveO409

EDIT: I read a few pages back what they're doing in terms of alpha 3 and ICS. So if I go ahead and install alpha 2 now, alpha 3 should be a smooth and easily update and I won't have to erase anything, right? (once I go from alpha 2 to 3)

I remember I lost all my data/etc from Alpha 1 to 2. I will make sure to backup dolphin HD at least but it was easy to update from 1 to 2

SteveO409

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10121-releasealpha3cyanogenmod-touchpad/

Alpha 3 is out!

ALPHA3
* Last prominent form of "sleep of death" fixed
* Webkit backing store(smoother scrolling)
* Bluetooth DPad/arrows do not rotate with screen
* Battery stats now available to Android
* Serial# now populated
* Shorter hostname as a result of serial#
* General wifi fixes
* Preliminary Touchpad 4G support(no radio)
* Possible fix for A2DP and wifi interference
* Possible fix for SD card not mounting
* Camera FPS improved but still nearly nonfunctional

dream

Ya, I don't know what that is. :/

Boot into that clockwork recovery thing (the same thing you'd use to install the update) and hit the advanced menu. You should see wipe dalvik cache there. It's probably not necessary but it's just something I do before flashing a new rom.

edit: oh, nice. Alpha 3 now does that cool TV turning off effect from the Nexus S when you sleep the screen!

Boot into that clockwork recovery thing (the same thing you'd use to install the update) and hit the advanced menu. You should see wipe dalvik cache there. It's probably not necessary but it's just something I do before flashing a new rom.

Alright, sounds easy enough. Gotta recharge the thing first...

dream

Can someone confirm that wifi is fixed ? I really don't see a point in upgrading if not.

It's, like, a superpainless upgrade that preserves all your settings...

The little Nexus S tv screen zap effect alone was worth the 2 minutes it took to upgrade.

SteveO409

Easy transition upgrading from 1-3 using Clockwork ROM. I downloaded the zip on Dolphin HD and it remember all my apps/settings too

Every time a new version is released, it just proves how much of an idiot I am when it comes to this stuff. Can anyone give me a step by step process for going from Alpha 2 to 3? I'm assuming the Clockwork Recovery is the easier route.

Top Bottom