• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official HP Touchpad Thread of $100 Digital Picture Frames

Fox Mulder

oh well, it was a slim shot for some gifts anyways. Sucks for anyone that still hasn't ever been able to snag one. I got one way back when it first when on sale and flipped it for an ipad.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Managed to get two for $236 flat. Now where's ICS?

dream

screenshot-1323885107530.png

this xron rom rules.

Thinking of selling my 16GB Touchpad. In great shape and comes with a case. PM me offers.

sell it on amazon. way less fees and ive always sold mine for at least $250 (16GB with dock, plastic was still on the touchpad, plus my dads went for $300 - 32GB mint condition with the plastic still on as well).

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
"Note: I am working on ICS mostly. CM7 alpha3.5 has changes I've made for ICS but also help Gingerbread."

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10121-releasealpha35cyanogenmod-touchpad/#entry247602

ALPHA3.5
* Video playback improvements
* UI Composition improvements(nothing major)
* 3D speed improvements in some circumstances
* 3D game compatibility improvements(Shadowrun tested, but other games may work better as well)
* Some changes to wpa_supplicant, remains to be seen whether it makes any difference

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Do you think I can get $250 for my refurb 16 GBs coming in?

Alpha 3.5 seems to have fixed a Netflix issue I was having, videos would lock up but sound would continue, until eventually the app crashed. Now the framerate slows down for a few seconds then catches up and works fine. An improvement.

"Note: I am working on ICS mostly. CM7 alpha3.5 has changes I've made for ICS but also help Gingerbread."

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10121-releasealpha35cyanogenmod-touchpad/#entry247602

ALPHA3.5
* Video playback improvements
* UI Composition improvements(nothing major)
* 3D speed improvements in some circumstances
* 3D game compatibility improvements(Shadowrun tested, but other games may work better as well)
* Some changes to wpa_supplicant, remains to be seen whether it makes any difference

Can not wait for ICS on this. Best of luck.

Got a coworker who's got CM7 Alpha 2 on his Touchpad and is having network connectivity problems. It will associate with access points (we've tried 3 so far) and he will have network connectivity for about 5 minutes. Then it will stop working. Even though it's still associated to the AP. Any ideas?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
After they fixed the browser issue, I have less urge to run Android on this. The email client WebOS is simply great.

Edit: Though I suppose having a 4.5" Android phone alleviates the crave (Skyrocket whatwhat).

dream

Those are some hideous icons, how are you coping dream?

Well, AS YOU KNOW, I think Android is a pretty poor user experience and by trying to craft honeycomb elements onto gingerbread, this xrom group is basically killing a pig, making lipstick out of said dead pig's blood, then applying it to the lips of another pig.

But I'm okay with that because Android only exists on my TouchPad as a fuck you to webOS.

kehs

Banned
Well, AS YOU KNOW, I think Android is a pretty poor user experience and by trying to craft honeycomb elements onto gingerbread, this xrom group is basically killing a pig, making lipstick out of said dead pig's blood, then applying it to the lips of another pig.

But I'm okay with that because Android only exists on my TouchPad as a fuck you to webOS.

You should totally use launcher 7, I think they just added tablet support.

dream

Is it free? I just paid 10 cents for a keyboard, then paid 10 cents for "live wallpaper" and I felt empty enough after both transactions to swear I would never pay for UI elements ever again.

Top Bottom