• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official MADWORLD Thread of No Means Yes and Yes Means A--wesome!

dragonlife29 said:
Some of you really need to preface your spoilers to give us some fucking clue as to what they'll contain. *looks at timetokill*

:lol :lol I wasn't sure we should even be spoiler-tagging the commentary, but I guess I could've noted what it was in the end. Point taken.

markatisu said:
Goddamnit I hate the Reapers!! Any tips on them, it seems I can never make the right motion, same with the dogs at the end
I'm stuck on this 3rd city too. I like how usefull the trees are. Makes it pretty easy to get "Super Violence" score.

My best tip on the reapers...don't get caught by a zombie. Dogs are a bitch.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
This game is crazy.

I propose a thread title change to "The Official MADWORLD Thread of No Means Yes and Yes Means Anal!"

GaimeGuy said:
This game is crazy.

I propose a thread title change to "The Official MADWORLD Thread of No Means Yes and Yes Means Anal!"

Don't know that would go over well with the "I read GAF at work" crowd.

-PXG-

I've loved every minute of this game so far.
I'm on, I guess, the first of a few haunted house levels. It's a bitch killing those zombies. AND FUCK THAT REAPER!!!

Soundtrack is great too.

markatisu

I got my stickers today from that contest a few weeks back, my god it was a lot of stickers :lol

They should open an online store where we can buy that hoodie and the soundtrack

-PXG-

markatisu said:
I got my stickers today from that contest a few weeks back, my god it was a lot of stickers :lol

They should open an online store where we can buy that hoodie and the soundtrack

I know. Why cock tease us like this?

We are willing to give 'em our money. All we want are the damn hoodies!!!

So, I beat it a little earlier in the day and I must say that I had a blast.

Gameplay is fairly solid, camera is a mess, but most of all Greg Proops should be strung up for his performance. I understand the guy had to more than likely follow a script but shit, it almost felt like they wrote his lines thinking, "HOW MANY TIMES CAN WE MAKE HIM SAY FUCK AND MAKE IT SOUND AWKWARD AND CHILDISH?!"

On the other end of the spectrum, Blum and Dimaggio are magic, as always.

Game clock AFTER the finale was just under 3 hours.

Hard mode here I come...

FrostuTheNinja said:

Gameplay is fairly solid, camera is a mess, but most of all Greg Proops should be strung up for his performance. I understand the guy had to more than likely follow a script but shit, it almost felt like they wrote his lines thinking, "HOW MANY TIMES CAN WE MAKE HIM SAY FUCK AND MAKE IT SOUND AWKWARD AND CHILDISH?!"

Hard mode here I come...

What?
You are bad and you should feel bad.

Musashi Wins! said:
Yikes. Game looks fun though. I've seen several commercials for it today on cable too.

The game clock doesn't count for you dying or replaying levels, though.
Actually play time is usually about double that.

dave_d

FrostuTheNinja said:

Hard mode here I come...

Wait, how is it that short? I was on the first level for at least 1/2 hr killing the same 5 or 6 guys and it never went any further.(Ok, I quit when nothing happened for so long.) I mean is there only 6 rounds in the whole game? Oh well, so far I'm less than enthralled with it. (Guess I'll go finish up Paper Mario and come back to this one. Maybe after a second look it'll at least be ok.)

markatisu

dave_d said:
Wait, how is it that short? I was on the first level for at least 1/2 hr killing the same 5 or 6 guys and it never went any further.(Ok, I quit when nothing happened for so long.) I mean is there only 6 rounds in the whole game?

It sounds like you were stuck in the tutorial, you have to do what your contact is telling you (or else enemies will respawn forever as the game does not think you have mastered the basics) and it should only take about 5-10min to get through the beginning and head on to the turbine mini game area and then the 2nd part of the 1st level before meeting up with the boss

To the person who got through it in 3hrs did you fly through the game? With all the ways there are to rack up points its easy enough to spend almost the entire time limit for the level before moving on

Hiltz

Finished the game a second time on normal mode. It took me 7 hours. I spent more time exploring the levels and going for a higher score count.

God I love the dagger weapon's finisher move. I almost feel sorry for the bad guys.

I turned off the sound effects and commentary and realized how repetitive the music is. Still, it's entertaining and catchy.

About the last boss fight ...
After facing him and getting hit out of the ring from one of his powerful attacks, that chick with the short hair who wears the spiked armor uses a spiked bat to beat the crap out of Jack and knocks him back into the ring. Then one of those kimino girls (the ones you save from Asiatown) tosses out a pill item from her bra. This game sure is over the top brutal and funny.

dave_d

markatisu said:
It sounds like you were stuck in the tutorial, you have to do what your contact is telling you (or else enemies will respawn forever as the game does not think you have mastered the basics) and it should only take about 5-10min to get through the beginning and head on to the turbine mini game area and then the 2nd part of the 1st level before meeting up with the boss

I'll have to try it again but I was mixing up various techniques so you'd think it'd let me go to the next part eventually. Oh, the other thing I don't like about the game is I don't think they licensed the Tears for Fears song of the same name for any part of the game:D

markatisu

dave_d said:
I'll have to try it again but I was mixing up various techniques so you'd think it'd let me go to the next part eventually.

Nope the first part does not work that way, you have to do what they tell you when they tell you (the boxes show up in the upper right hand corner) or you will never be able to get the gate down and move on to the remainder of the level.

I had a similar problem when I was just messing around and thought "damn does this part ever end" then I saw he was telling me to headbutt and a few mins later the gate was down and I was onto the actual real part of the game

Got the game from Amazon today. (Hooray $40). Played it for about 4 hours and I'm halfway through the castle. I have to say that the game surprised me with how it played. It's a lot slower than I envisioned but the gameplay works well. It's also nice that the game has an old school feel with points. The announcers are fantastic as well! Overall enjoying the game. I'll probably finish it tomorrow.

My family at home got a Wii, and I picked up Super Mario Galaxy for it. I've got a lot of games that I want to buy right now, but I think I'm going to add Mad World to my "To Buy" list this summer.

Shiggie

Yaceka said:
I just rebought Smash Bros. Brawl over this game because it's rated M (thus I couldn't buy it). :(

EDIT: A little off topic, but what other E/T rated must-haves are there on the Wii? (I have 26 Wii games and I'm starting to run out of games that interest me)
:|

Yeah, I died a few times. Also got a couple of game overs.

I actually tend to get through my games really quick.

Don't know what it is... It's something I've always done.

-PXG-

Finally beat
The Shamans. They were pretty tough. Usually the timing and motions for the QTEs are pretty forgiving, but for this fight, you had to be spot on in order to kill the barrage of wolves. I just started Frank's level. Killing zombies is not as fun as killing normal dudes. You can't combo them as well and you're pretty much forced into using your chainsaw.

Meesh

Can't believe how awesome this game is! The commentary, the sound track, the visual appeal, and most importantly, the kills. Guilty pleasure fulfilled...easy to pick up, hard to put down...damn, just damn.

Just got my copy from Amazon (well, got it yesterday, but wasn't able to play it until a few hours ago due to work).

EmCeeGramr said:
It's really easy to get caught up in it, too. The first time I got the neck snap finisher, I actually pulled out my Nunchuk cord I was pulling so hard. :lol Yeah, the camera and lock-on controls are a bit wonky at times, but you rarely ever need to lock-on as it is.

Hooooly crap, I'm not the only one! :lol I did the exact same thing just after the tutorial section. Grabbed a skeeter and SNAP! *Bolp! Please connect a nunchuck to the Wii Remote* :lol Nearly shit myself for a moment thinking I broke it while my gal laughed at me!

Speaking of laughing
I couldn't help but laugh when during the first Bloodbath Challenge with the turbine one of the announcers said something about the turbine sucking harder that his wife on the pizza delivery driver, it was especially funny to me, being a pizza delivery driver and all. :D My girl found it less humorous however!

EmCeeGramr said:
I'm amazed that there are actually people in here who think that this game is disgusting or who get nauseated by it. Did you guys faint when you passed by a Mortal Kombat machine or when you saw someone playing Doom?

Seriously. It's pretty hardcore violent, but I haven't seen anything yet that challenges the pit finisher (with its several layer stripping) or the log finisher (with its twitching entrails) from the Sega CD version of Eternal Champions, maybe once I've gotten into Asian Town...

jrricky

Banned
Played up to level 2 last night. OMG at the cowboy finisher again, really amazing. Oh and the commentary is gold. Multiple times I've stopped and thought,'did they really say that?'. Gonna play some more later.

markatisu

FoxhoundNL said:
How does this look on a 1080p LCD HDTV?

I might be getting a Wii for this game, like soonish... It looks soo brutal.

It looks good, you cant tell its 480i because of the art style. I did not really notice any jaggies either. The blood color is so vibrant as well and really stands out on a large screen

I am using a 42" 1080p HDTV

Finally avoided the Reapers (well I killed them since I did not get grabbed by the zombies) and took care of
The Shamans
but damn the QTE for them needs a 99.99% accuracy rate

Has anyone else went back and played older levels to regain lives, I found by going back to Varrigan City you can get 3-4 extra lives

dk_

FoxhoundNL said:

Looks quite good on my 46" 1080p TV. Thought it would look worse...

On another note, I just beat the second boss. Wow, what an awesome experience!

DreD

FoxhoundNL said:

It looks pretty good on my 40" LCD. Since I got this new tv I tried Medal of Honor Heroes 2 and GHWT on it and they both looked bad, but I was pleasantly surprised by MadWorld.

Thanks for your replies guys. Between this, Broken Sword, Overkill and a few older titles, I've finally got enough reasons to get a Wii :D. Think I'm getting one next month.

FoxhoundNL said:
Thanks for your replies guys. Between this, Broken Sword, Overkill and a few older titles, I've finally got enough reasons to get a Wii :D. Think I'm getting one next month.
Yeah, I think the black and white art style really works in the Wii's favor. It's a really slick looking game.

I'm playing on a 32" 720p LCD btw.

markatisu

Frencherman said:
Does anyone know something about early salesfigures?

There are no hard numbers or even anything we can imply from interviews/press releases

Its currently #18 at Amazon (for what thats worth), its the most popular Wii game at Gamelfy and in the US Retail Musings people who work at Gamestop say its selling, just very slowly (which could indicate long legs in sales instead of front loaded sales which many Wii games never ever have)

The first real sales indicators will be in a few weeks once the game is released overseas and we see how it charts there

D-X

I pre ordered this yesterday. I was the 3rd name on the list...

I want this

3344484988_f48ce7f55a.jpg

3344484898_e42c5eaa97.jpg

3344484830_86a3c0ed21.jpg

3344484726_20aa74856f.jpg

http://blogs.sega.com/europe/2009/03/10/madworld-merchandise-part-2-nintendo-wii-decal-set/

markatisu

Jesus, a t-shirt, a cd and now a Wii skin for the EU?? And for HoTD Overkill they got the hand cannon as well.

Why is Sega of America such cheap asses, its not like we would not buy these things

yoopoo

Banned
What a dumbass design decision; to restart the entire level if you die on the boss. Had to replay the castle 3 times. Sure its fun to figure out how to beat the boss...but not when have to redo everything over and over.

Now I'm at level with
cyber ninjas
and its really tough even with regular enemies..I'd hate to replay this if I die on the boss.

Top Bottom