• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Thanks. I normally don't pop on much to put in two cents unless it is worth it. But that is some high quality sound right there. Love it.

Thanks Karak. :) Not sure how I can get others to give it a chance. Running out of ideas to be honest lol.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Oh balls, this is good!! Buying this immediately, it's time to prep for the spring/summer ;D

On that note, and sorry to just pop in and pop right out, but I thought this might be fun.

Guess the tracklist, win a prize! 40 minute, deep disco mix, guess three songs and I'll buy you an album on beatport.com or bleep.com, your choice (and within reason, probs cap it at $10-11). Good luck!

Only one I knew off the top of my head was Crazy P - The Hit, and I think I heard a Tornado Wallace track in there that I can't id? Still an amazing mix, really liked the tune selection and would appreciate a tl!

okno

Does it count for anything if I can identify the Whitney Houston "Thinking About You" sample that pops in around 20:30? ;)

Haha, why not. It's a hard mix to figure out, so if no one can get three I'm gonna toss a song or two to anyone who can guess at least one.

djtiesto, nailed Crazy P but there is no Tornado in that forecast! Curious to see which track you think that one is... I'll PM you the tracklist in a mo. Thanks for playing!

djtiesto

Nice selections there, the Funk D'Void, some of the Pig & Dan (was a huge fan of them in their prog days so "Born Naked" is much more my thing) and especially the Jody... J-Pop crossed with melodic progressive, I'd love to see something like that as the ending theme to a big RPG. Gonna be seeing Nick and Jody at the end of March, I've seen them both separate but never together so I'm very very excited!

I feel like Im being indirectly punished by the music gods...

Tonight I have free guestlist to see Jackmaster/Skream VS Krystal Klear & Jon K Disco set and Monday I could go see John Talabot with the young turks, again free and nobody is up for it!!!

I also got about 20 of us onto a guestlist for a free party saturday seeing Insta:Mental and Zed Bias among others.

Oh I saw that Jimmy Van M on Friday! was good from what I remember :) Meet a bunch of people going to something called "A State of Trance 550". sounded pretty crazy if that kind of music is your thing!

I would totally go see John Talabot with you, only if, you know, you weren't halfway across the world.

Well im in the uk and you are....sweden I think? but yeah still abit of a trek haha

Annoying aswell that some people I met last week are going to A state of Trance launch party tonight with Armin Van buuren (sp!?) but its sold out so I cannot join :(

Recently been trying to expand into finding music from new scenes. Anyone know any good blogs/other places where I can get up on some other scenes that aren't US/Europe? I figured I would start with the Asian electronic scenes, but it's proving a bit difficult. If anyone has anything for that, that'd be amazing.

Shaneus

Can anyone tell me about Jamie Jones? I'm seeing him tonight and he's supposed to be pretty awesome, but I must be living under a rock or something because I've hardly heard his name mentioned anywhere... at all.

Also, Silicone Soul was cancelled tonight because they had visa issues. Not at all happy. But, getting a refund so it could've been a lot worse.

Can anyone tell me about Jamie Jones? I'm seeing him tonight and he's supposed to be pretty awesome, but I must be living under a rock or something because I've hardly heard his name mentioned anywhere... at all.

Also, Silicone Soul was cancelled tonight because they had visa issues. Not at all happy. But, getting a refund so it could've been a lot worse.

Azari & III - Hungry for the power (Jamie Jones remix) That is about the limit of my knowledge, but if he plays stuff as good as that you are in for a treat!

daviyoung

Banned
Gonna be seeing Nick and Jody at the end of March, I've seen them both separate but never together so I'm very very excited!

You're seeing Way Out West man! It's a shame they're not going to be playing a classics mix, but I'm sure it'll be a good night.

okno

Hot.

Ooh, Scuba is gonna be playing at one of the Blkmarket Membership parties next Saturday... highly considering going...

Don't miss it! I was going to go, but got booked for a gig and won't be able to make it to blkmarket until 2 am, probably, and I doubt I'll be in the mood to trek from Chinatown to Bushwick and then back to Hell's Kitchen... Should be a stellar, stellar night.

That Perseus track is fiiiiiire!

Karak

Thanks Karak. :) Not sure how I can get others to give it a chance. Running out of ideas to be honest lol.

Well I make mine for myself. That's all you really can do. At the very least that fulfills your own creative needs. Getting it out there is the age old question. No one has perfected it:(

djtiesto

Friend just posted this on FB, seems like something you guys might like:
Guy J - Pathos

It's really, really good. No idea of the genre, but it just floats and flows... insane production.

No idea of the genre? Come on, you're killing me dude!
-~128 bpm
-lots of arpeggios
-builds and builds up to a crescendo
-on Hernan Cattaneo's record label
-they even say the genre on the youtube video!!! :p

Guy J is a fantastic producer, definitely look into other things by him...

-~128 bpm
-lots of arpeggios

Sounds like happy hardcore? is it happy hardcore?!

Shaneus

-~128 bpm
-lots of arpeggios

I never know anymore... minimal progressive tech house with an ambient twist? I just know it's good :(

Chaplain

An amazing progressive house mix by Suspect 44. Here is the mixcloud stream link:

Suspect 44 – Anjunabeats Worldwide 267 2012.02.26

Suspect 44 - ID [CDR]
Suspect 44 - The Truth [CDR]
Answer42 - The Lemon Effect (Suspect 44 Remix) [Anjunadeep]
Suspect 44 - Thoughts Uncovered [Enhanced Progressive]
Arty - The Wall (Arty Remode Mix) [Enhanced Progressive]
Suspect 44 - Neon Feel [Anjunadeep]
Michael Cassette - Memories (Suspect 44 Orig + 90s Mashup) [Anjunadeep]
Haley - This Is How It Goes (Kaskade Grand Club Edit) [Ultra]
Jaytech - Synergy [Anjunadeep]
Solarity - Terminal 6 [Anjunadeep]
Suspect 44 - Hold Me [Songbird/Black Hole]
Chunk & Twist - Battery Life (Suspect 44 Edit) [Anjunadeep]
Joe Garston - The Promise [Plasmapool]
Boom Jinx & Andrew Bayer - To The Six [Anjunadeep]
Joe Garston - Top Of The World [Plasmapool]
James Egbert - Isle Of Capri [Fuzion Muzik]
Blood On The Dancefloor - Party On (James Egbert Remix) [Dark Fantasy]
Suspect 44 - Japanese Schoolgirls [Anjunadeep]
Dinka - Elements (EDX remix) [Enormous Tunes]
Oliver - Dirty Talk [Kitsune]
Digitalism - Circles (Eric Prydz Remix) [Pryda Friends]
Roman d'amour - Make Love Tonight (Lifelike Re-Edit) [Computer Science]
Oliver ft. Sneaky Sound System - Big (Oliver Remix) [Modular]

This is one of my favorite mix, it's from future sound of london.

http://soundcloud.com/r_co/future-sound-of-london-kiss-fm-london-26-12-1992

It's from 1992, an amazing year for electronic music.

Yep, that's a classic one. Pulled that one off the FSOL FTP a few years back. Love the Redcell/B12 track in the beginning.

Also, can't forget this awesome early 90s Techno Track on Plus 8.

Awesome news! Interesting that it's coming out on Harbour City Sorrow and not Clone, but then again it's not a LP. I was just listening to Late Night Driving the other night.

Oh nice, will give it a listen tonight while trying to organize a trip to Sonar festival in Barcelona! I would now but soundcloud is blocked..the one downside to works internet!

Top Bottom