• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Jumpin' mix I done last night :

Soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/mark-potter/doesnt-get-more-jumpin-than

Mix.DJ
http://www.mix.dj/viral-player/4735308/Doesn't_get_more_Jumpin'.html

Tracklist:
L'Amour - Bingo Players
Haters Gonna Hate (Nicky Romero Out of Space Remix) - Tonight Only
Bye America - Luke Toloson & Tom Buster
Analogical (Hard Rock Sofa Remix) - Marco V
Can't stop me - Afrojack & Shermanology
Pressure - (Alesso Remix) - Alex Kenji & Starkillers & Nadia Ali
You got me Fallin (Nay Ray Remix) - Three N One
Resurrection (Axwell's Recut Club Version) - Michael Calfan
Sunshine (Original Mix) David Guetta & Avicii
Set me free (Avicii Remix) - Phonat
Up (Instrumental) - Maurizio Gubellini vs Nari & Milani
Cry Just A Little - Bingo Players
Tonight - we are Swedish - Alex Engstrom
This Is So Good (Original Mix) - Ehrencrona
Paradise (Fedde Le Grand Remix) - Coldplay
Wild One Two (Original Mix) - David Guetta & Nicky Romero
Troll (Original Mix) - Qulinez

okno

Best boot of 2011 just got an HD video. Make sure you grab the 320, you will use this track.

Jim-E Stack - Purple Swag Bootleg (feat. A$AP Rocky)

This is nice! Seeing this made me look him up. The other night at work, a black guy dropped off a comment card with his check and signed it A$AP with the name Rakim Meyers and a Harlem address on the front. I thought it was someone being funny, as I didn't recognize him NOR know he lived in NYC, but sho nuff that was him. I always thought he was from the UK.

100% Silk just dropped a bunch of ridiculously hot records you all need to check out. The Fort Romeaux one is excellent.

This is nice! Seeing this made me look him up. The other night at work, a black guy dropped off a comment card with his check and signed it A$AP with the name Rakim Meyers and a Harlem address on the front. I thought it was someone being funny, as I didn't recognize him NOR know he lived in NYC, but sho nuff that was him. I always thought he was from the UK.

100% Silk just dropped a bunch of ridiculously hot records you all need to check out. The Fort Romeaux one is excellent.

Where on eath do you work that you keep meeting all these people!? (well i say meet in the loosest terms as you never seem to know who they are till later :D)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
If you want to meet DJs, Miami during WMC is the place to be. Met Tony McGuiness from Above and Beyond walking around SoBe, and Sander Van Doorn smoking a cigarette outside of an FYE. And of course getting solicited for a light by none other than Sasha... There's also a lot of autograph signings that go on down there, got Ferry Corsten and Kaskade's auto as well. Electric Zoo I met a whole bunch of local DJs (Jason Jollins, Sleepy and Boo, Mike Saint Jules), the founder of tranceaddict, and Tom Middleton (who is awesome).

I've found that EDM DJs and artists are pretty approachable and down to earth. Especially if you point out some of your favorite tracks by them.

If you want to meet DJs, Miami during WMC is the place to be. Met Tony McGuiness from Above and Beyond walking around SoBe, and Sander Van Doorn smoking a cigarette outside of an FYE. And of course getting solicited for a light by none other than Sasha... There's also a lot of autograph signings that go on down there, got Ferry Corsten and Kaskade's auto as well. Electric Zoo I met a whole bunch of local DJs (Jason Jollins, Sleepy and Boo, Mike Saint Jules), the founder of tranceaddict, and Tom Middleton (who is awesome).

I've found that EDM DJs and artists are pretty approachable and down to earth. Especially if you point out some of your favorite tracks by them.

My friend is going to WMC, hes going nuts with excitment.

Hes doing all this (bastard FB mesaged me to rub it in haha)

Tuesday, 20 March - http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?331516

Wednesday, 21 March - http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?335141

Thursday, 22 March - http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?340576 followed by http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?334686

Friday, 23 March - UMF http://www.ultramusicfestival.com/
followed by Hernan Cattaneo and Nick Warren at Mynt http://www.wantickets.com/Events/103001/MMW-Nick-Warren-Hernan-Cattaneo/

Saturday, 24 March - UMF

Sunday, 24 March - UMF followed by a secret mansion party with Jamie Jones and Lee Foss

Monday, 25 March - Attempt to make it back to London alive!

Ive only bumped into Scuba and had Jackmaster put a band on my wrist for entry into the numbers warehouse!

okno

Where on eath do you work that you keep meeting all these people!? (well i say meet in the loosest terms as you never seem to know who they are till later :D)

I bartend at a restaurant in Brooklyn, Prime Meats It's a fun place. I don't mean to come off as bragging or anything, I just find it amazing these people are just right under my nose. Never in my life did ever think I would ever meet anyone such as Four Tet. So, sorry if I sound like I'm showing off...

So jealous of everyone going to WMC this year :( I've been dying to go and this year looks just absolutely SICK.

I bartend at a restaurant in Brooklyn, Prime Meats It's a fun place. I don't mean to come off as bragging or anything, I just find it amazing these people are just right under my nose. Never in my life did ever think I would ever meet anyone such as Four Tet. So, sorry if I sound like I'm showing off...

So jealous of everyone going to WMC this year :( I've been dying to go and this year looks just absolutely SICK.

Haha not atall! Just found it funny you never realize who anyone is till after they leave! Saying that Djs dont really stand out unless they are massive like Sasha or John Digweed or whatever.

I actually went and looked up more Asap rocky stuff thanks to that remix(?) so got his two "mix tapes" to listen too today!

Ill Saint

Haha not atall! Just found it funny you never realize who anyone is till after they leave! Saying that Djs dont really stand out unless they are massive like Sasha or John Digweed or whatever.

I actually went and looked up more Asap rocky stuff thanks to that remix(?) so got his two "mix tapes" to listen too today!

If you like A$ap Rocky, I highly recommend Spaceghostpurrp's new mixtape, God of Black vol. 1. Dark and dirty. Check.

joelseph

I listen to more rap than edm now-a-days. I can give lists of rap mixtape recommendations if anyone is interested. I am more into the West Coast scene though.

joelseph

I am watching SXSW videos and Rocky goes off a little on the XL freshman list. haha! I must go to SXSW next year. I have been to DEMC and WMC and now I must experience the big dog!

Ready Soulwax released a new 1h-mix, you can listen to it here:

http://www.creativereview.co.uk/cr-blog/2012/march/radio-soulwax

Here's the track listing in full:

The machine
Lotus – Mumbai Science
Synrise (Soulwax remix) – Goose
Bad Boy Tonight / We Don't Belong in Pacha – P. Diddy, Black Rob & Mark Curry
Bust 'Em Up – Crookers Present Dr Gonzo
The Bay – Metronomy
Canon (Tiga Remix) – Justice
Callgirls – Handbraekes
Head (Soulwax Edit) – Prince
How Deep Is Your Love? (Emperor Machine remix) – The Rapture
Singapore Madness (Soulwax edit) – Paul Chambers & Shinichi Osawa
Polar – Ego Troopers
Vicious – David Carretta
Once in a Lifetime (Soulwax edit) – Talking Heads
Gangsters – The Specials
Tight (Etienne De Crecy remix) – Zombie Nation
Nous Sommes MMM – MMM
Let The Beat Control Your Body (feat. Louisahhh!) – Brodinski
A Milli – Lil Wayne
Girls&Boys – Blur
Eruption – Van Halen
Ace Of Spades – Motörhead
I Need – Loops Of Fury
Skinny Fit (Soulwax edit) – Nid ϟ Sancy
All Night – Jack Beats
Silent Night - Klaus Nomi
Lyposuct – D.I.M & TAI
Master Of Puppets – Metallica
Gabriel (Soulwax remix) – Joe Goddard
Kids (Soulwax remix) – MGMT
If I Ever Feel Better – Phoenix
Big Black Spider (Les Petits Pilous Remix) – Dilemn
I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor – Arctic Monkeys
Cocaine – The Maxx
Sprawl II (Soulwax remix) – Arcade Fire

okno

I listen to more rap than edm now-a-days. I can give lists of rap mixtape recommendations if anyone is interested. I am more into the West Coast scene though.

Definitely hook it up. Always looking for whatever's good!

Uploaded my 3 hour set from last Saturday. Think you guys might get a kick out of it, it was a bonkers party. Grotto

joelseph

Few albums I posted in gafhop the other day, most of them hate that stuff! You guys might like it more ;) I can post way more if there is interest

reposting some older tapes that I am feeling

AAA - Areb (Left Leberra). Stash Marina kills it Child's Play.

The Diana Frances Goomba Wave (No Drops) - Maal A Goomba (prod. Morri$)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
So this Errors of the Human Body soundtrack that Anthony Pateras did is pretty cool: mostly comprised of odd little ambient pieces made with analogue synths and live instruments. The whole thing has a nice moodiness to it... and then mid-way through, he unexpectedly busts out with this absolutely bonkers "kitchen sink" electronic track that left my jaw on the floor:

Anthony Pateras, "XIJ"

I want to be present when some DJ manages to work this into a set and leaves the whole place convulsing on the floor.

okno

This is nice, but I'm getting tired of tracks that just loop a pitched female vocal going "ah" and "ooh." still, neat track.

Cosmic Bus said:
Antony Pateras[/url] this track is WILD, man! Good lawd! I'm playing a techno party soon, I accept your challenge! This is some powerful stuff. It's borderline nails on a chalkboard, but it's interesting enough to not be totally awful.

okno

Some new stuff worth peeping:
Anthony Mansfield - Tales from the Gulch This is worth it for "Most Wanted" alone.
Bufi/La Royale - Michael Fantastic rolling disco stormer.
Dr. Druzz & Omega Mus - ApemanSuper woozy, wonky late night techno jam.
Brother G - Free From DepthA must have for anyone into detroit house/MCDE and the like.
Martyn - Bauplan (L-vis 1900 & Bok Bok remix) This one is just nuts, amazing remix.
Geeeman - Bang't This has been out for a bit, but needs to be talked about more, a lot more.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I had an epiphany today with jpop upon realizing that a good chunk of the current stuff has a lot in common with all the house-y nu-disco I'm into. Getting used to the bizarro chipmunk vocals takes some time, but man, these tunes have so much energy and creative production. Probably going to have a heart attack exercising to the new Capsule album.

Full EP is streaming on FACT today.

djtiesto

After years of waiting, this is FINALLY coming out:

526673_10150624670126962_10869241961_9764622_506827298_n.jpg

Release Date: 21.05.2012

Tracklisting:

Disc 1:

01. Shadows
02. Agag
03. Beyond 8
04. Javlar
05. Sunburst
06. Hardrock Lausanne
07. You
08. SW4
09. Leja
10. Mighty Love
11. Allein
12. You Interlude
13. Pjanoo (Eric’s Intro Edit)

Disc 2 – Retrospective Mix Part 1:

01. Lesson One
02. Miami To Atlanta
03. Genesis
04. Rakfunk
05. Europa
06. Aftermath (Eric Prydz Edit)
07. Frankfurt
08. Armed
09. Reeperbahn
10. Muranyi
11. Paolo Mojo – 1983 (Eric Prydz Remix)
12. The Gift

Disc 3
 – Retrospective Mix Part 2:

01. The End
02. Rymd
03. Waves
04. Emos
05. VIRO (Eric Prydz Intro Edit)
06. Glimma
07. Juletider
08. With Me
09. 2Night
10. Melo (Eric Prydz Special Edit)
11. M.S.B.O.Y
12. Mirage

daviyoung

Banned
Wow, the horse has bolted, started a successful business, fathered several children, seen his grandchildren grow up, and is currently enjoying retirement in Florida.

This is like a Best Of cash-in.

joelseph

I'm a big fan of Thievery Corp and Zero7. Any recommendations of similar groups that I could catch on to?

Not completely similar but I would recommend you listen to the following albums simply because I think they are standouts from 2010 until present:

Mount Kimbie - Crooks and Lovers

Korallreven - Korallreven

Youth Lagoon - Year in Hibernation

BATHS - Cerulean

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Ooh, EG are touring with Sleigh Bells. One of those instances where I'd pay to see the opener and then leave before the main act.

tumblr_m1bct0aJmO1qjbrwqo1_500.jpg

Think its allready been denined! Bit tired of hearing about Daft Punk albums or tours every year since like 2007.

Either make a goddamn album and announce it with a tour or just leave it alone!!! No the overal "meh" tron album does not count in my book!

Seems that Art Department are playing at a festival im going to this year, might have to check him(them?) out! Also Sasha is there so up for seeing him properly for the first time but no doubt the people im going with will want to bro out with skrillex and knife party :/

I need to start paying attention to this thread. So behind the times. I just got Arty's BBC Essential Mix, christ where the fuck have I been.

djtiesto

I need to start paying attention to this thread. So behind the times. I just got Arty's BBC Essential Mix, christ where the fuck have I been.

"It's not a party, without Arty!"

A lot of this thread is non-trance type stuff (post-dubstep, dubtechno, nu-disco and deep house) but we'd still love to have you.

Top Bottom