• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

A couple of nice releases doing the rounds the last week or so.

Lovely Downliners Sekt remix of Crumb by Mistakes are OK on John Talabot's Hivern Discs label.

The Traveller (AKA Shed) - BER. Peaktime-rave-throwback ambient bliss.

Oh yeah, loving the new Shed. Sometimes I'm a little late on checking out new releases, but his [most]recent album The Traveller is fantastic. Thank goodness there are still people out there making stuff like this.

Unrelated, but while snooping around SoundCloud it looks like Stasis added his own channel, which makes me very happy. In love with this.

Saw Clark live last night (amongst a handful of other electronic artists Beytone, Hype Williams, etc.)

Was a pretty good concert, it reminded me a lot of when I saw Aphex Twin last year. He didn't play any of his 'hits', but mainly parts and elements from his new album. His live sound was much closer to industrial compared to when you just listen through his albums alone. He played future daniel, which is my favorite Clark track, so no complaining from me :D

okno

The Birth of Techno

Such a historic video. Someone needs to make a time machine ASAP!

Model 500 will never, ever get old, along with Basic Channel, Jeff Mills and the like.

I just finished working 16 days in a row, including five days at the cesspool that was the Frieze Art Fair, so I decided to blow off some steam by making a mix! Wanted to do a house/techno mix with long, smooth transitions and a swing and a strut. Enjoy!

Brother G - Free From Depth (Rawax)
Recloose - UHF (Rush Hour)
Kevin McPhee - I Will (Hypercolour)
Venedikt Reyf & Paul Eidner - Sexspionage feat. Thomas Gaertner & L. Cooper (Rawax)
Alex Danilov - Deep S (Rawax)
P. Toile - One (Kasper Bjorke & His Friendly Ghost Remix) (Kina Music)
Midland - What We Know (MCDE Remix) (Aus Music)
I:Cube - Transpiration (Versatile)
Mike Dehnert - M10 (Fachwerk)
Trevino - Derelict [naked_lunch]
Basic Channel - Q1.1/II (Basic Channel)
Instra:mental - Leave It All Behind (Apple Pips)
Machinedrum - Van Vogue (Lucky Me)
Sawf - Ninio (Moerbeck Remix) (Perc Trax)
Sawf - Zelo (Sawf Dub Mix) (Perc Trax)
Rrose - A, With All Faces Bleached Out (Sandwell District)
Claudio PRC - Transparent (Prologue)

Also, some new essential releases out now: Lone, Slugabed, Jimmy Edgar, glitterbug (about god damn time), Shackleton. It's a fantastic time for music, although I find it really interesting that we're halfway through May and there are very few summer anthems popping up.

joelseph

Futra podcast - KURU

Jane’s Addiction – Three Days
Tom Flynn – Jerry’s Liquor Store
Nouveau Yorican – Nueva (John Roman Remix)
Boddika & Joy Orbison – Swims
Untold – Luminous
Unbalance – Wanna Be Yours
Paul Woolford, Psycatron – Stolen (Dub One)
Tessela – Darlene Please
Worthy – Shy Look
Christian Martin – Waiting
Tessela – Let Up
XI, Eezir – Lone Lifter (XI Remix)
Vince Watson – Sequential (Paul Woolford Remix)
Spreo – Superbus
Guy Andrews – Textures
Laura Jones, Maceo Plex – Love In Me (Maceo Plex Remix)
Shackleton, Pinch – Burning Blood
Paul Woolford, Bobby Peru – Erotic Discourse (Audiojack Remix)
Carl Lekebush, Alan Fitzpatrick – Steady Motion (Alan Fitzpatrick Remix)
Shifted – Colour Of The Fall
Guy Gerber – Stoppage Time
Marc Marzenit – Unexpiritualized (Peter Heller Remix)
Beastie Respond – Syncopy (Blawan’s Trecther Mechanica)
Max Cooper – Simplexity
Blawan – Shader
Clouds – Optic
Objekt – Porcupine
Whyt Noyz – Volcano
Seiji – More Of You
Addison Groove – Night To Remember
Shadow Child – Rustic Chip
Disclosure – Flow
T. Williams – Malfunction feat. Alix
T.E.E.D. – Tapes & Money (Eats Everything Dubwork)
Salva & Grenier – Wake The Dead
HaHaha, Mia Dora, Raksha – High Sheen
Martyn, Redshape – We are You in the Future (Redshape Remix)
Shakedown – Drowsy With Hope

---

Sasha Go Hard | "Why They Mad"

----

I think this got put up already but fuck it's good

Fantastic Mr Fox - Untitled [ripped]

----

Washerman - Basement Chord

----

Girl Unit - Double Take [Rip]

----

Sinden - Keep It 1000

----

PAPER STAKK - METRO ZU (((† HEAVEN †)))

----

CHIPPY NONSTOP ♦ BITCH, I BOUGHT IT OUT!

----

Grimes interview on Robdabank

---

Solo midget mix

&Me – Dios
Mollan – The Fungus
S.Lawler – Gimme some more – Mendo Remix
C.Buch – Mombacha
CDR
Luca Agnelli-Marco Faraone – Tuscany
Soul Kitten
CDR
Butch – Now you know
A.Olive – Gel Abril – Scene
Sub Ann – The Place
Solo – CDR
Justin MArtin – Ruff Stuff
A.Port – Someone to Love

---

Jamie XX at Grime's Boiler Room show

578874_376419205737130_164916136887439_1012530_2134048531_n.jpg

---

Bag Raiders April Mix

1. “Modular Presents: Leave Them All Behind 4″ Album Intro
2. Do You Believe: James Curd Remix -Poolside
3. Repetition – Evan Evans
4. Reckless With Your Love: DJ Sneak’s ‘Stereo Gangstaz remix’. – Azari & III
5. Light Of Love: Neurotic Drum Band Remix – The Miracles Club
6. Until Now – Louis La Roche…
7. Hamburg Is For Lovers – David August
8. Creature: Faze Action Remix – Kim Ann Foxman
9. The Street Is My World: Piano Mix – Bassfort
10. Tried For Your Love: Hudson Mohawke Remix – Krystal Klear
11. Four Four Letter: Ian Pooley Remix – The Glass
12. New Dimension: Lopazz & Zarook Edit – Lopazz & Betoko
13. Household Goods: Justin Martin Vocal Remix -Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
14. Into The Valley: Julio Bashmore Remix – Classixx Feat Karl Dixon
15. Live Those Days Tonight: Tim Green Main Mix – Friendly Fires
16. Love Thing Part I: Eli’s Rework – Eli Escobar
17. O.P.U.L.E.N.C.E – Beni
18. Snake Charmer: Cassian Remix
19. In The Air: LTAB Edit – Country Club
20. Platscher – Paul Kalkbrenner

Heres a blurry picture of Grimes.
574750_10150759736991567_509196566_9943060_664020119_n.jpg

Anyone listened to the new Lone Album? RA compared him to Rustie and he has a few machine drum involved tracks so ima give it a shot.

joelseph

You were that close to Grimes?! Snap!! I only heard a preview on Lone's new release, have not sat down with it.

I have been listening to Triangle Record releases all day. Gang Colours is fucking amazing.

Legowelt put up a new song song that's free to download on his website. Been listening to it yesterday and today. I'll let this article do the talking (link at the bottom).

But yeah, really loving this throwback.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So I'm currently addicted to The Field's latest album again. Specifically to the track "Then It's White."

Any suggestions to something similar that I should listen to? :p

Nyx

Been digging this. Not the greatest one I've ever heard, but it's really solid. Was it you that posted that tech-house mix, the one with as few mistakes as possible? It's freaking great, man.

This one ?

http://soundcloud.com/nyx_1978/george-hefner-het-verkeerde

Cause after listening to it a few times I noticed that there are mistakes in it, especially where 1 track is not 100% sync with another one and I did not hear that during the mixing.

Love the track selection though, so I really wanna try again and get it flawless.

Shaneus

That was the one I was first linked to on Facebook... didn't realise the full one was posted until afterwards :/

Still, fucking love it! The comments at either end of the love it/wtfisthisshit.gif spectrum alone make it worth it.

Shaneus

The original (stand-alone) remix of Roads is still killer as well, but for the life of me I cannot find out what version it was. That's the main reason the track goes for 10 minutes. The Veils track is only 4min or so.

It was a fluke I stumbled across it just after it came out in 04/05 (and it was only a white label, never came out digitally... officially at least, anyway) so if you can't find it anywhere, I'd be happy to to upload a .wav or FLAC of it somewhere :)

And I actually played it REALLY slow too... I think at -4% or something to fit in with the rest of my set, but it didn't sound at all weird, which is odd since pretty much everything else does when that much slower.

Edit: It's the Sultan and the Greek remix... I think. I don't recall it being as busy or as layered as the one in that link (and TBH I think it suffers for it), but it's the most similar to the one in that mashup I linked.

okno

Haha I could see it sounding boss slowed down and with the bass just slightly EQ'd up. Ive been playing around a lot lately with playing tracks slowed down or sped up, it's tons of fun. A bunch of songs in the mix I posted above are at around +/-6% and they worked really, really well. I think I had the Sexspionage track even at +8%...

Super stoked for Friday night! Prosumer, Fred P, Serge, Dexter and some other guys from Clone Records all playing at my favorite venue! Can. Not. Wait!

okno

SMD have come a long, long way. I love the way they keep that old electro sound of theirs, but keep updating it with more classic and modern house touches. They're definitely still one of my favorite live acts to see, they go absolutely ballistic during their live set ups. Really digging those samples.

I've never gotten much into Etienne... Is that a good place to start? I liked that remix a lot.

Shaneus

SMD have come a long, long way. I love the way they keep that old electro sound of theirs, but keep updating it with more classic and modern house touches. They're definitely still one of my favorite live acts to see, they go absolutely ballistic during their live set ups. Really digging those samples.

I've never gotten much into Etienne... Is that a good place to start? I liked that remix a lot.
Probably my favourite.
There's another couple (at least) but their names escape me.

Shaneus

Was kicking myself when I was at a festival he was playing at, but my mate had to go do a gig that night. Fair kicking myself because it was the cube show :(

This was another track but it's still not the one I was thinking of. I'll have to go through my discs tomorrow and have a look, something will jog my memory, I'm sure. Also, don't forget to look up Superdiscount :)

Edit: Holy shit, the names of the songs on this album are the best fucking track names EVER:
2PtiU.png

daviyoung

Banned

It's as good a place as any I think, since it's basically a massive best-of collection. I love his Superdiscount albums, mostly unashamed synth (french) house. Doesn't even try to be cool.

Davidion

some random neurofunk/techstep tracks i've been listening to recently:

Gridlok & El Hornet - Hollywood (Blokhe4d Remix)
Gridlok - Wake Up! (Black Sun Empire Remix)
Flame & Encode - Sonde 2012
Ble3k - Jugulin

dnb is rapidly becoming my preferred genre. neurofunk is just toooooo sexy.

That's awesome, neurofunk's still alive?

There's way too much good music to go through...

Speaking of which, a little old D'arcangelo from 97/98.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3n4M3vwqno

Top Bottom