• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

OOM:1 by Happa
Oh yeah, Happa being the 15yo whos song was on the Swamp 81 show on Rinse recently.
Tracklisting:

01. Hunt – Paleman
02. Shapiro – Thefft
03. Floorwave – Trikk
04. Ruffer – TOYC
05. Rims – Happa
06. Vibe Apparatus – Metrist
07. Sweat (Jon Convex Remix) – Presk & Cinnaman
08. Derelict – Trevino
09. Patta – Mella Dee
10. Boss – Happa
11. Waltanocks – My Nu Leng
12. Of Pain (Happa Remix) – Smaug
13. Drowned Out – Happa

Theres all of Danny Brown in the Boiler room for anyone that cares, for some reason they split it up.
http://boilerroom.tv/danny-brown-live-in-the_boiler-room/

Disclosure mix for Fader
Tracklist:
Pimp Jackson Is Talkin’ Now – Loco Dice
An Afternoons Delight – Marcellus Pittman
Want Someone – Eats Everything
Not a Perfect Love – Jeremy Sylvester
Life Goes On (NY Stomp Remix) – Nicholas
We Gehts – Fantastic Man
Holding On – DJ Steaw
My Intention Is War (fig II) – Disclosure
Untitled – ?
Beat Of The Drum – Happa
Whats In Your Head VIP – Disclosure
So High – Shadow Child
Love Like This (Lorca Refix) – Faith Evans vs Nuyorican Soul

lush

Disclosure's FADER Mix
Loco Dice - Pimp Jackson Is Talkin' Now
Marcellus Pittman - An Afternoons Delight
Eats Everything - Want Someone
Jeremy Sylvester - Not A Perfect Love
Nicholas - Life Goes On (NY Stomp Remix)
Fantastic Man - We Gehts
DJ Steaw - Holding On
Disclosure - My Intention Is War (fig II)
? - Untitled
Happa - Beat Of the Drum
Disclosure - What's In Your Head (VIP)
Shadow Child - So High
Faith Evans vs Nuyorican Soul - Love Like This (Lorca Refix)

On the topic of Disclosure, really digging the Face Remix EP, really liking this one:
"Boiling (Medlar Remix)"

Boddika - Soul What (Mickey Pearce Remix)
Pearson Sound - Clutch // Oh my lord....
Hot Chip - Look At Where We Are (Four Tet Remix)

Free download from Fools Gold:

1. Flosstradamus “Rollup (Baauer Remix)”
2. Starkey “Solar Flare”
3. Wax Motif “Ctrl-66″
4. Solidisco “Take It Back”
5. Chambray “Mangoes”
6. João Çesèr “Gearing”
7. Fashen “Dunce”
8. Bruce Trail “Gargamel Rising”

edit: Damn your stealth edit John.

TUvRX.gif

Is there a group download for that clubhouse? I have no patience to multi-click.

andylsun

I'm not replying to a guy who replied to my post by editing his previous post though.

Didn't mean to cause offense. I wanted to clarify my post, as the main point was that we got Underworld and not Andrew Lloyd Webber - I still can't quite believe it.

I guess some of it could be called electro-classical, but overall the music was 1000 times better than I ever expected. Not 1000 times better than I would expect from Underworld, but 1000 times better than the 'safe' option. The choosing of Danny Boyle enabled this awesomeness, and that also blows my mind.

Still think Sir Paul was terrible at the end - a sing-along is not the right way to end such an evening.

Wonder what they have up their sleeves for the Closing (apart from The Who)

Kccitystar

What if you took the live audio streaming of Mixlr, the group/club atmosphere of Plug.DJ, the idea of playing your own music from Turntable.FM, and put it in a blender?

I present to you the next big craze, Mixify.

What is it, you ask? It's pretty much an combination of all 3 of the sites mentioned above.

Mixify is a never-ending electronic music festival where you can attend events with your favorite DJs, get their tracks, and make your own mixes.

Basically if you are a DJ, you can sign up, create an event, invite all of your friends and stream either your own custom mix (120MB limit), or set up a direct line to your equipment and perform a live set on the spot for the event. There are just two "venues" available to pick for your DJ event, Ibiza or Munich, with NYC coming soon.

I ended up performing a live set earlier tonight on Mixify and I invite GAF to my next one <3

Give it a shot!

You are in Australia right Shaneus? What part?

Long story short a girl im friends with lives in Melbourne and has offered her place out to me and a few friends, she wants us to come for xmas but that would be mega bucks but I am considering suggesting if we could come for the duration of a visa (3months I think?) in like January.

Just wondering what the music scene is like over there? She says its abit shit but she is into Drum and bass where as I like to think im abit more open minded ;)

So yeah any Input would be sweet.

Shaneus

You are in Australia right Shaneus? What part?

Long story short a girl im friends with lives in Melbourne and has offered her place out to me and a few friends, she wants us to come for xmas but that would be mega bucks but I am considering suggesting if we could come for the duration of a visa (3months I think?) in like January.

Just wondering what the music scene is like over there? She says its abit shit but she is into Drum and bass where as I like to think im abit more open minded ;)

So yeah any Input would be sweet.
I'm near enough to Melbourne to be living IN Melbourne! Less than an hour's drive away, basically.

It's fucking awesome. The local DJs aren't necessarily the greatest (although most are usually good enough to hold their own), but on more than a few international nights I've been more impressed with whoever's been supporting.

I can roll off the name of about five or six clubs I've been to that are all fantastic venues, regardless of who's playing there. I can see why she'd think it's a bit shit if she's more into DnB but for housey stuff (basically, the stuff I post here) it's insane. If you're here for a few months around Jan, you'll catch a good festival or two, too :)

A few things I've been able to dig up from YT. May or may not give you an idea of what I think Melbourne does well!

Danny Daze @ New Guernica
Guy J @ Roxanne Parlour
Robag Wruhme @ Brown Alley
onesixone/Fluidlife promo video (actually worth watching... 161 is probably my fave venue in Melb)
Matthias Tanzmann at what looks like a Brown Alley day party
Another good little promo video for a regular night at onesixone
Greg Wilson @ Revolver a few years back (it's a pretty filthy club, I avoid going when I can... but sometimes you need to get a little bit dirty ;))

So yeah, Melbourne's pretty good, I reckon.

Ah nice, thats good to know. So you are in Melbourne yourself?

I mean the possibility of it actually happening are probably 1 on the scale to 10 but its not completly ruled out yet!!

Oh yeah that Guy J thing im supposed to be going to is not on Resident Advisor so I text my mate about it and he guessed maybe its a private party, that would be pretty fucking sweet and come some way to making me feel less like complete shit about not being in Ibiza this week ;(

Nyx

What if you took the live audio streaming of Mixlr, the group/club atmosphere of Plug.DJ, the idea of playing your own music from Turntable.FM, and put it in a blender?

I present to you the next big craze, Mixify.

What is it, you ask? It's pretty much an combination of all 3 of the sites mentioned above.

Basically if you are a DJ, you can sign up, create an event, invite all of your friends and stream either your own custom mix (120MB limit), or set up a direct line to your equipment and perform a live set on the spot for the event. There are just two "venues" available to pick for your DJ event, Ibiza or Munich, with NYC coming soon.

I ended up performing a live set earlier tonight on Mixify and I invite GAF to my next one <3

Give it a shot!

Looks nice, might give it a shot sometime. (livestreaming as a DJ)

Shaneus

Ah nice, thats good to know. So you are in Melbourne yourself?

I mean the possibility of it actually happening are probably 1 on the scale to 10 but its not completly ruled out yet!!

Oh yeah that Guy J thing im supposed to be going to is not on Resident Advisor so I text my mate about it and he guessed maybe its a private party, that would be pretty fucking sweet and come some way to making me feel less like complete shit about not being in Ibiza this week ;(
I think I may have edited my post after you replied (once I realised I didn't actually answer your question), but anyway:
I'm near enough to Melbourne to be living IN Melbourne! Less than an hour's drive away, basically.

joelseph

You can get it off Fader! I saw it yesterday but thought it was old.

nice!

Ryan Hemsworth - SLOWED SUMMER

Donkey Kong Country OST - Aquatic Ambience (Ryan Hemsworth Bootleg)
Expendable Youth & Baauer - Drill T.I.P.
Kendrick Lamar - Swimming Pools (Drank)
LOUDPVCK - XX
Lil Flip - Game Over
TNGHT - Goooo
Lockah - Sly Winking Usury
The Dummiez - Bitches (Faisal Remix)
Juicy J - Bands A Make Her Dance
Kaytradamus - Nothing At All
Ryan Hemsworth - Oil Paintings
Falcons - TEAMSUPREME
Exeter - 88MPH (Ryan Hemsworth Remix)
Ryan Hemsworth - Real Human Being
Gunplay - Black On Black (ft. Ace Hood & Bun B)
Rick Ross - Bury Me A G (ft. T.I.)
Donkey Kong Country 2 OST - K. Rool Returns

lush

OOM:1 by Happa
Oh yeah, Happa being the 15yo whos song was on the Swamp 81 show on Rinse recently
This is nice.

Shed Mix for XLR8R
01 Ether "Spiritool" (Phono)
02 Bandshell "Rise Em" (Hessle Audio)
03 The Traveller "A100" (Ostgut Ton)
04 Maurizio "Ploy (Strategic Mix)" (Maurizio)
05 Basic Soul Unit "Soulspeak (Shed Remix)" (Dolly)
06 True False "Do While" (If Else)
07 Resistor "#32500432" (Operation Amplified)
08 EQD "#005B" (Equalized)
09 Untold "Caslon" (Hemlock)
10 EQD "#005A" (Equalized)
11 Wax "30303B" (Wax)
12 War Easy Made "#1"
13 Futurhythm "Phuture2" (Tresor)
14 DJ Joost & Flux "Hydr(o)remix" (Phono)
15 Amanda Splitt "Bearing the Sun" (Pimped)

Pariah 50 Minute Boiler Room Set

Teengirl Fantasy - EFX (feat. Kelela)
Actress - Splazch Wave
Airhead - Pyramid Lake
Om Unit x Sweatson Klank - Old English

lush

I actually just checked out that Fracture not 20 minutes ago on RA. Fucking crazy tune, the video is nuts as well. I'll look in to the Ossie.

Just acquired these myself:

zxZVT.jpg

01. Looping State of Mind (Junior Boys Mix) (7:27)
02. It&#8217;s Up There (Blondes Mix) (6:56)
03. Then It&#8217;s White (Mohn Mix) (6:49)

&

T6wkL.jpg

01. Kastle & iO &#8211; Infinite City
02. Kastle & iO &#8211; Only You
03. iO &#8211; Breathe On
04. Kastle &#8211; Already Know

Really excited for Junior Boys and Blondes remixes. I already know that Kastle & iO is going to be hot.

Shaneus

That supercalifragilistic sample is awful, pretty cool old-school house otherwise.
Are you talking about that track? I didn't listen to it specifically, I'm just talking about some of the songs/artists on their label:

The Supermen Lovers - Diamonds For Her (2020 Vision vocal remix)
Spirit Catcher - Harmonize

And while we're here, an old personal favourite. Possibly my favourite track ever.

Kirk DiGiorgio pres. Esoterik - Starwaves (Spiritcatcher's Time Modulator Mix)
R-692895-1158206024.jpeg

daviyoung

Banned
I'm digging that Supercali tune, the vocal takes some getting used to for sure. Didn't clear the floor though so it's all good.

okno

I'm digging that Supercali tune, the vocal takes some getting used to for sure. Didn't clear the floor though so it's all good.

I played it on Tuesday night to great effect, once the vocal fully kicked in people got a kick out of it. Love that whole EP, but Supercali is probably the weakest track (and it's a strong ass track).

Things I bought this week that are worth checking out:
Trevino - Discovery EP
South London Ordnance - Trojan/Pacific (this one is AWESOME)
Skudge - Convolution/Contamination (first time available on digital, two techy awesome techno tracks)
This Ain't Chicago: The Underground sound of UK House & Acid 1988-1991
Paleman - All Good EP
Lindstrom - ra-ako-st/eg-ged-osis (todd terje extended mixes) (fantastic remixes)
Manare - Quartz/Down to Dis
Jim-E Stack - Bubble Boy (AWESOME)
Bambounou - Night/Brawl
Grenier - Uncertain/Vendetta (just dirty, so good)
Tony Quattro - Out On the Floor (so many gems on this LP, but "Jack's Back" and "Back Swing" really struck a chord with me)

Antagon

Guys, help me decide

22:00 - 08:00
Fri 19 Oct
Westergasfabriek
Awakenings ADE special
Richie Hawtin presents Enter
Richie Hawtin / Dubfire / Loco Dice / Matador (live) / Joran van Pol & Joop Junior

OR

22:00 - 06:00
Fri 19 Oct
Melkweg
The Max & Old Hall

Dave Clarke presents
Dave Clarke / Green Velvet / DJ Sneak / Octave One (live) / Blawan / Marcel Fengler / Estroe / Roger Gerressen

OR

22:00 - 06:00
Fri 19 Oct
Undercurrent
UDC // CLR
Chris Liebing Presents :: CLR ADE 2012
Chris Liebing / Terence Fixmer / Tommy Four Seven / Brian Sanhaji / Drumcell / Monoloc / DJ Emerson

All look pretty good :/ First one probably has the best location, but is also easily the most expensive.

Antagon

Btw, while I like techno I've never gotten too deep into it, so outside of the absolutely biggest names I don't know what to expect.

Ill Saint

Dave Clarke / Green Velvet / DJ Sneak / Octave One (live) / Blawan / Marcel Fengler / Estroe / Roger Gerressen

Can't miss that. Killer lineup.

Chaplain

For those that like Above and Beyond and Mat Zo, there will be a live youtube stream today of both of their sets starting in less than 9 hours:

Above and Beyond and Mat Zo live stream from Mixmag Live

The legendary dance trio Above and Beyond will be joined by Mat Zo for an exclusive insight into Mixmag Live's latest instalment. The live stream kicks off at 0:00 and will run for two hours. This event is sold out so be sure to catch all the action here.

Shaneus

If that's all trap is, I'm going to remix everything! All it sounds like to me is an incessant hi-hat over some occasional breakbeat-timed basslines. And even though they're nothing alike, if we're following that formula (and in my head it's a similar fomula, at least ;)) I'd much prefer something like this.

Yeah, nothing alike but if we're doing incessant hi-hats and breaky bits, I know what I prefer.

Top Bottom