• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Shaneus

Filling in for a friend at a bar this Saturday... if I can find a way to record it, I will! If not, then... I won't. Such is life etc.

Fusebox

Banned
I'm on an 80's revival kick at the moment:

Pyramid
Mitch Murder
Barretso
Miami Nights 1984
Lazerhawk

Recommend me some more!

lush

This was a nice listen for tonight:

Bicep house mix for Get Down Edits

Trus'Me - Introducing
Moodymann - Tribute! (To The Soul We Lost)
Alex Agore - The Dayz Of Wayback
Julian Sanza - Dangerous Grooves
Rick Wilhite - Cosmic Jungle
Aloe Blacc - I Need A Dollar (Tensnake Remix)
Francis Inferno Orchestra - Father Figures
The Daou - Give Myself To You (Grand Ballroom Mix)
Seva K - My Love
?
Phuture - Inside Out
Veron Ray & Dog.Ma - First Day (MK Deep Mix)
?
?
Bicep & Omar Odyssey - Don't
Trailer Ends - Runnin' Around (Dark Swing Mix)
Joe Jackson - Steppin' Out

Still can't get over there Vision of Love EP that's coming out, wish it wasn't vinyl only.

okno

The NY scene is fire, shiiiit. I really need to keep more of an eye on it. Rustie and Flosstradamus are playing Webster Hall on the 7th, tix only $15.

You're in NYC? Well kiss my grits! I missed out on that Scuba party, too... 8 hours of Scuba, could you imagine? But AOTY? Naaaaaah.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
So it's the middle of the night and I'm dead tired.. about to collapse, when I put my headphones on and fire up an album that I've barely listened to.

I see a track on there that's 15 minutes long, and figure.. okay, let's do this track.

http://soundcloud.com/kilowatts/09-kilowatts-the-world-in-a

It's time to go to bed.. I should definitely go to bed.. but I have so much shit on my mind right now. I don't know if this is what you would call groundbreaking or whatever - but this just shattered my brain.

So it's the middle of the night and I'm dead tired.. about to collapse, when I put my headphones on and fire up an album that I've barely listened to.

I see a track on there that's 15 minutes long, and figure.. okay, let's do this track.

http://soundcloud.com/kilowatts/09-kilowatts-the-world-in-a

It's time to go to bed.. I should definitely go to bed.. but I have so much shit on my mind right now. I don't know if this is what you would call groundbreaking or whatever - but this just shattered my brain.

Do you mean as in the length or the song itself?
Pachanga Boys - Time is 15mins long! Heard this at the end of a night and yeah it was abit nuts.
Ive not listened to your one yet as Time sucked me in haha

Also thanks for reminding me! going to play that near the end of a house party in a few weeks!

BeeDog

The best feeling in the world is when your complete love for music is reignited by finding new genres and artists. Amazing, amazing feeling. Many thanks to all of you who keep this topic updated as well, it helps out!

Anyway, have bought tons of vinyls lately, and here's my latest swag from the last few days. Especially proud of getting a copy of S.Maharba - French Maid (upper right corner):

bEmzV.jpg

EDIT: Too lazy to provide a pic, but my local vinyl store had a copy of Midland & Pariah - Untitled (Sheworks 003). Just had to pick it up, AMAZING techno!

Shaneus

Do you mean as in the length or the song itself?
Pachanga Boys - Time is 15mins long! Heard this at the end of a night and yeah it was abit nuts.
Ive not listened to your one yet as Time sucked me in haha

Also thanks for reminding me! going to play that near the end of a house party in a few weeks!
Was it you or someone else who posted that in this thread initially? I remember finding out about that song from this very thread a LONG time ago (I believe it was because I'd just seen Robag Whurme play a Superpitcher track).

Anyway, some new, amazingly hot shit:
Scandal - Just Let Me Dance (Maxxi Soundsystem Remix)

I've heard a LOT of really, really good tracks this year... and that could well be the best one. If not, it's definitely up there. Insane production.

Shaneus

This is really nice. All her recent stuff has been good. Hopefully it's all leading up to a new LP.
I honestly thought she had... but hasn't. There you go!

But she's definitely going down a deeper, less pop-oriented route than Hands... and that can only be a good thing.

EVOL 100%

The best feeling in the world is when your complete love for music is reignited by finding new genres and artists. Amazing, amazing feeling. Many thanks to all of you who keep this topic updated as well, it helps out!

Anyway, have bought tons of vinyls lately, and here's my latest swag from the last few days. Especially proud of getting a copy of S.Maharba - French Maid (upper right corner):

bEmzV.jpg

EDIT: Too lazy to provide a pic, but my local vinyl store had a copy of Midland & Pariah - Untitled (Sheworks 003). Just had to pick it up, AMAZING techno!

Fuck, I'm jelly as hell. How much did that take you?

BeeDog

Fuck, I'm jelly as hell. How much did that take you?

Glad someone else seems to like this kind of music! To answer your question; too much, man, too much. The French Maid vinyl was the priciest by far at around €20. The rest were around €10 each.

To name the vinyls, for those who are wondering:

Robot Koch - Cosmic Waves (2x10" white vinyls)
S.Maharba - French Maid (12" transparent vinyl)
Strand - DUB! (7" vinyl)
Strand - Slam Funk (12" purple vinyl)
oOoOO - Our Loving Is Hurting Us (12" vinyl)
Kuhn - Slime Beach (12" vinyl)

Was it you or someone else who posted that in this thread initially? I remember finding out about that song from this very thread a LONG time ago (I believe it was because I'd just seen Robag Whurme play a Superpitcher track).

Could have been! I do like it haha but that would be maybe 7 months ago odd if that counts as a long time.

I love this, it's so sexy:
Citizen - Room Service

This is good!

lush

XLR8R Podcast 262: Midland's Dimensions Mix

01 Newworldaquarium "The Force (Ame's Alternative Version)" (NWAQ)
02 STL "That Minimal Track" (Perlon)
03 Tevo Howard "Intersection" (Rush Hour)
04 Claro Intelecto "X" (Modern Love)
05 Koala "Mistakes Are OK (BNJMN Remix)" (Hivern Discs)
06 Efdemin "Plenum" (Kann Records)
07 Rhythm & Sound "Free for All (feat. Paul St. Hilaire) (Soundstream Remix)" (Burial Mix)
08 Frak "A2" (Sex Tags Mania)
09 Schweiz Rec "B1" (Workshop)
10 ItaloJohnson "ItaloJohnson B1" (ItaloJohnson03)
11 Boddika & Joy O "& Fate" (Non Plus)
12 Tuff City Kids "SFS" (Underton)
13 Bjørn Torske & Siob Latsyrc "Percussion (Mix 2)" (Sex Tags Mania)
14 Mr.G "Be Free" (Phoenix G)
15 Anton Zap "PM Please" (Underground Quality)
16 Percussions "Bird Songs" (Text)
17 Bookworms "African Rhythms" (L.I.E.S.)
18 Lord Nelson "Shango (Daniel Haaksman & DJ Beware Remix)" (Soundway)
19 Soul Capsule "Lady Science (NYC Sunrise Mix)" (Trelik)

Shaneus

Did you link to the right track? Or do we just have wildly different taste in dance music these days?
Right track! My taste has definitely evolved, though... or perhaps, expanded. I like a wider variety of stuff now, but I still like what I used to like :)

Shaneus

God damnit. Maceo Plex has pulled out and has been replaced by Jamie Jones :(

FUCK. One thing I was looking forward to over the next few months.

Alucrid

Banned
Wish I had internet at my house, otherwise I'd pick up the new groundislava and some ernest gonzales after hearing his remix in the FoF comp.

Yeah I thought I saw him at Global, turns out two days after the festival I found out his slot was moved and I totally missed him.. Whoever replaced him was good but as I thought that was Maceo Plex I have no idea who it really was lol

Groundsilava's LP is really good.

Does Cool Party sample Chrono Trigger?? I swear Ive heard the bell sounding sample before..
Edit: Youtube says yes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pISxqsfpZ-0

LOL boys are no more or am I mis interpreting this?
LOL Boys
We wanted to let you all know that LOL Boys will be going on hiatus. We were lucky enough to play around the world and to meet many of you, and your support will forever be appreciated! As a token of our gratitude here is a link to all of the Edits from the Fader Mix. http://www.mediafire.com/​?qu3964ie03yfto4 Our final release will be a Remix EP of "Changes" coming out soon. Be on the look out for Markus' solo project soon. You can find mine here Jerome LOL

lush

Extreme trepidation before clicking this link, as though doing so would open the gates of Hell.

I don't know how one goes about coming up with such a mash-up, but they go together much better than I'd ever expect. Still doesn't really "work" for me but I enjoyed it.

Top Bottom